Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 242|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

[Hero Balance] Why tanks are not used in mythical glory (1.1k plus points)

[Copy link]
Post time 2021-11-19 10:41 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Overview: currently i am sitting at 1.2k points what i have noticed with my teammates that we have more success rate using the famous UBE strat in MPL tournmanets which consists of 2 mages mid then 2 fighters that could tank and do dmg like barats and lapu lapu or 1 mage 1 supp then 1 durable fighter. using tank in high rank is probably the hardest role right now high risk and low reward in my opinion they are not used that much in high bc of the following reasons:
1. The roam system introduced hurt thier gold growth: My problem with the roam system is that it prevents tanks getting gold from minions and jungle monsters for 9 mins if there are nearby teammates the roam system is only beneficial if your team is dominating the whole game. at times when solo ranking when the dmg dealers like junglers mages side mm of the team feeds way to much all of the invested resources you put on them is just WASTED you sacrifice for 9 mins and your team just feed what i noticed that tanks are just barely buying their third item if they are in the losing team  in the 12 to 15 min mark so as a result they cant tank for shit because most probably junglers and gold mm,mages are already full build now and they could ohko everyone in your team

My solution is the cheapen ALL TANK ITEMS so that they could atleast catch up even if they are in losing team and compensate for being deprived of gold in the first 9 mins of the game the only way to get gold is if you get assist and kills and clearing minion when no teammate is nearby thats it.

2.  The defensive item section lacks defensive items and total tank items in total
- currently ml only has a shitty 13 tank items availble thats fucking it what surprise from moontoon
a. The only defensive items that ACTUALLY makes you a bit tanky right now
       Antique cuirass which was heavily nerf becuase its use to reduce magic power before making it a counter to 100 percent pents heroes like lunox
        Athena shield- was change from shield to magic dmg reduction which is a good buff you know what will be better? if we have a new freaking item that gives shield and magic def so that burst mages in this game could now be counters
         Radiant armor which is a good addition to counter dps mages like zhask and chnage that could melt you before
b. Dominance ice and blade armor could make you a bit tabky but they dont have hp on them so burst physical and high pent heroes with endless battle and war axe could still burst and kill you easily. blade armor like what most forum members said that this item is more of a minor item than a complete one they could use this blade armor item to build the ultimate physical def armor item but you know moontoon they arent interested in that
c. oracle and demon wings are much ssuited for fighters and both of these item has cd reduction which hurts tank heroes because if you want to have your cd reduction lowered you will need to sacrificed your tankiness
d. Thunderbelt and cursed helmet- yep straight foward chip dmg items for tanks
e. breastplate was used to be good because its stacks is percentage based but i get the big nerf before dmg delears benefits from this item too but what if they made this items like the war axe version item for tanks wherein stacks are now percentage based like 3 percent phy and magic def but only tanks and supports FULLY gets the benefit and other roles only getss 33 percent like war axe

3. Most meta fighters are much more tankier than tank heroes- this is the reason why fighters are being used as a frontliner now instead of tanks i mean freaking lapu lapu gets spell vamp shield and dmg reduction, roger gets insta 50 defense simply just transforming in his wolform, barats( no need to explain) moontoon WHY THE HELL THAT MOST FIGHTER HAVE BETTER DEFENSE CAPABILITIES THAN TANKS

4. Heroes that can kill 3-5 seconds in the teamfights like seriously if there is lunox, natan, vale, claude etc you cant even peel for shit you just slowly get melted

Post time 2021-11-20 12:50 AM | Show all posts
@MarcoPRO99

I would disagree with lowering the price of tank items, because it is now common for damage dealers to purchase tank items even much earlier now.

I feel that the best approach is to actually buff all tank heroes and make them more durable, because most of them melt within 1-3s in the range of OP heroes such as Natan.
Post time 2021-11-20 01:18 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Rafael0000 at 2021-11-20 01:24 AM

Some tanks are really powerful. Gloo and Belerick are my current favourites. Because these tanks can slain marksmans who is without lifesteal items. Tank Karina of new Meta shows how powerful tanks can be.I even want the Abyss Dominator (that character is the leader of the Shadow Abyss) in Selena's backstory to be the skin of one of these two Tanks.
Post time 2021-11-20 01:29 AM | Show all posts
The main reason why tanks are not used is bc of lack of dmg early game. I think that is why we see mathilda shine bc she deals so much dmg to everyone in early game. The main thing is lack of dmg in early game. For example there is a reason why khaleed as support bc he is good at securing kills in early game. For tanks to shine, I agree that has to be buffes in tanks that can't deal dmg.
Post time 2021-11-20 04:57 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Anand at 2021-11-20 05:00 AM

Congrats for reaching Mythic 1K+ points

Not only in Mythical Glory, tanks lost their shine in Epic, Legend and Mythic too

I agree with you tanks like Johnson, Khufra, Atlas, etc definitely needs a buff in their damage output.
I also agree with roam item. But I partially agree with equipment price. Some tank items are very costly and their price should be reduced. Most equipments look fine to me at a cost close to 2K gold
 Author| Post time 2021-11-20 09:37 AM | Show all posts
aznager replied at 2021-11-20 01:29 AM
The main reason why tanks are not used is bc of lack of dmg early game. I think that is why we see m ...

one of the reason i forgot to write is that most meta heroes in the game has kind of immunity like mathilda ult, phoveus smakdown ult animation immune then shield gainwtc.... this is the reason why in toiurnaments they prioritized heroes that gives extreme slow effect like rafa estes, yve, or any other mages that can slow down the enemy if you use tank for example you could not even get near to the enemies bc mages, supports will slow you down alot and by the time you stun them the meta heroes would just shrug it off with their immunity skills and kill you like i said in my past posts in this forum there so few heroes that have supression skills being kaja and franco only but the problem is that they are not frontliners as of now we dont have a suppress hero that can peel for the team

currently in rank PEOPLE DONT WANT TO TANK anymore two mmages or one mage one support is much better whats the point of stunning if every meta heroes has immune skills or low dash skills its very ez to capitlize tanks now before tanks users in season 4-10 would have to worry roger, lance, haya, chou but now there is so much heroes that have a skill immunity and you cant ban them all it sucks man most of my friends swith to supp or mage roles now bc of how useless majority of the tanks now only khufra and grock are decent tank to use.
Post time 2021-11-21 04:13 AM | Show all posts
Like I said before, the power ceiling of the game is too high.
As long as there are heroes who can do 1 combo kill within a second, the balance of the game will always be off, thus some type of heroes just won't fit in the meta.
Post time 2021-11-21 07:05 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Magnum_bangbang at 2021-11-21 08:47 AM

As tank player, i cant agree with you at all.

The roam system introduced hurt thier gold growth

Current roam system is best one ever on MLBB history. I not mean its a perfect(actually, far away from perfect). But its much, much better than previous. You get a free skill + free gold + can farm when you teammetes leave the line + not take a item slot + usefull when you not a last one on gold by team. Just compare with masks if you remember it?

Most meta fighters are much more tankier than tank heroes

Wrong. I know only 2-5 good roam fighters. Sylvanys, jawhead, maybe allice, phoveus and ruby. And Sylvanys and jawhead much less tanky than tanks. BUT. sylvanys can oneshot weak target even in tank build. And have OP ulty that give you ease kill on early. Jawhead just can win game solo in early. About others - i was not play on them. Saw them few times on roam, but they are meh. I was not lose any game against this characters on roam. For sure i get a idea, but... defintly not like it.

But its about roam fighters. About just a tanky fighters... to be clear, all tanky fighters with i play, just have a good lifesteal. They much less tanky and free die on stun/anti-heal. Like esmeralda.
And you talking about 50 defence roger. All tanks have it, you know? Johnson have passive shield. Carmilla steal the armor and use for herself. Hylos get free health from mana. Belerick free health from items. Tigreal ignore a 20% base attacks. Grock get up to 135 free defence near to walls.

barats

Barats is tank if we talking about it.

Heroes that can kill 3-5 seconds in the teamfights like seriously if there is lunox, natan, vale, claude etc you cant even peel for shit you just slowly get melted

This one is right. But. 2 comments there.
1) They can kill 3-5 sec. But also, they was die for 1-2 sec. Its like a layla. While no one attack her, she may kill you for free. But its not a make her OP, right?
2) Tanks must make control. Its how tanks carry late game. When i compare my team picks against opponent picks - its was like. They have late game mm. But they also have rafaela, while we have a like atlas, so they like 4v5 in late game. Tank can just win you 2 free sec, while you may make 1 kill. And its will carry teamfights.

My solution is the cheapen ALL TANK ITEMS so that they could atleast catch up even if they are in losing team and compensate for being deprived of gold in the first 9 mins of the game the only way to get gold is if you get assist and kills and clearing minion when no teammate is nearby thats it.

Only a tank buy a tanks items? Or some character like a clint, brody, mages, fighters also buy it? its will not helpfull for tanks. Yes i cant tank without 2-3 items. but this change will buff fighters on frist place. If you want to buff roamers, will be better buff income someway. But moontone thought that roamer must play without items. So, idk.
Post time 2021-11-22 05:34 AM | Show all posts
Magnum_bangbang replied at 2021-11-21 07:05 AM
As tank player, i cant agree with you at all.

the thing is that current roamers is good bc its a relatively new system and I like the way support doesnt take gold. Before that, we had items like wizard's boots which I dont remember the name but this is the item that gives gold for each assist. However, tanks get melted before they could initate. If they initate, they win but with heroes that have insane dmg right now its hard to tank. Many tanks are used like mathilda due to immunity or just insane dmg at lv.1 making it easier for jungle or adc to carry.  
Post time 2021-11-22 05:36 AM | Show all posts
MarcoPRO99 replied at 2021-11-20 09:37 AM
one of the reason i forgot to write is that most meta heroes in the game has kind of immunity like ...

Maybe if tanks were to be used, they would have to add wizard boots again. Then again, the supports will abuse that even more.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-11-29 07:46 PM GMT+8