Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 276|Reply: 18
Collapse the left

[Hero Balance] Argus Adjustments (Patch Notes format)

[Copy link]
Post time 2021-6-8 12:37 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by Burnzey91 at 2021-6-12 10:10 PM

Argus

- Warmonger
- Base damage increase to 225 + (110%) Physical         attack per strike
- Extra strikes no longer generate healing. Instead they reduce the cool downs on all his other abilities by 1 second per passive activation.

- Demonic Grip
- Extended window for Phase Two activation by 1 second  - Phase Two immobilises targets hit for 1 second

- Meteoric Sword
- No longer has a "charge" time and is instant.
- Pathway will now start immediately from underneath Argus to the target(s)
- Striking cursed targets increases passive fury generation (Resource) by 40% with basic attacks
- Travelling on Path will make Argus immune to                       slows

- Eternal Evil
- No longer increases attack damage 10/20/30. Now             increases movement speed 8/16/24 permanently

Comments:
My main focus with these changes was how his abilities can compliment each other. By allowing his passive to reduce cooldowns on his abilities, he will be able to maintain contact through Skill 1, which will allow more use of Skill 2 to generate more fury in combat to trigger his passive. I think these changes will help Argus maintain presence on his targets and reward being in combat while keeping true to his basic attack nature.

I've removed skill 2 charge up as it prevents Argus using his ultimate for 1 second while animation plays. It also interrupts flow of combat, and acts as a self inflicted immobalise

Skill 2 pathway starting from Argus will help reach 40% faster rather than chasing into enemies which can be delayed due to latency issues, or if they're faster than Argus to begin with. The path will still  be produced from the victim for the 4 seconds and fade from Argus after 1 second

Any questions or let me know what you like and what you don't like leave in the comments.

Thanks!

Post time 2021-6-12 10:14 PM | Show all posts
I admit that a lot of players are dissatisfied with the new argus, like what Cold said..
on adv server, I'm not seeing players use him as the most played even though every week updates mostly bring adjustments for him
just curious how the adjustments will be released on original server soon!
btw, thanks for the suggestions.  it will always be appreciated for us to submit it to the developer for consideration in future adjustments
Post time 2021-6-9 05:22 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Anand at 2021-6-9 07:38 PM

I like your suggestions, this is the recent patch note for Argus in advanced server

From the latest patch notes in advanced server

Hero: Argus

[Warmonger]
NERF ▾ Damage of enhanced Basic Attacks: 220% → 200%

Meteoric Sword
BUFF ▴/NEW + New Effect: Triggers the bleeding effect for creeps.

Eternal Evil
BUFF ▴ Reduced the cooldown for all levels by 10s.
Post time 2021-6-9 07:27 PM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2021-6-9 05:22 PM
I like your suggestions but Argus was buffed recently in advanced server.

From the latest patch not ...

Are even playing the game dude really? You condsidered that a buff? I have been playing argus since is revamp and his FUCKING DAMAGE IS GETTING WWEAKER EVERY PATCH HOLY HELL ARGUS STRUGGLES TO WAVE CLEAR EARLY GAME NOW AND THEY NERF HIS PASSIVE MAN AND WHAT A BUFF ON SECOND SKILL HOLY HELL THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST USELESS BUFF I HAVE SEEN
Post time 2021-6-9 07:45 PM | Show all posts
MarcoPRO99 replied at 2021-6-9 07:27 PM
Are even playing the game dude really? You condsidered that a buff? I have been playing argus sinc ...

Sorry, I didn't mean to say new suggestions and feedback for Argus will not be considered. You can always post your suggestions, feedback and new ideas here.

You condsidered that a buff?

I consider that as an adjustment not a buff.
Post time 2021-6-10 06:40 AM | Show all posts
How to make Argus Better: put back his chasing passive
 Author| Post time 2021-6-11 10:05 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Anand at 2021-6-15 06:07 AM
Anand replied at 2021-6-9 05:22 PM
I like your suggestions, this is the recent patch note for Argus in advanced server

From the latest ...

Thank you for your response.

I don't think these changes will benefit Argus greatly at all.
The bleed effect only works on moving targets, and minions tend to be stationary.

His burst comes from Warmonger, so reducing that will make him feel a lot weaker than he currently is.

The cool down reduction is nice, but he's too reliant on cool downs to secure kills and it was already on a pretty high CD to begin with.

Overall I think this adjustment will hurt him.

C4lam1tyG0D replied at 2021-6-10 06:40 AM
How to make Argus Better: put back his chasing passive

His passive is not reliable to chase enemies. In order to activate you need to be in range of target to begin with, then you actually need full Fury charge and the three strike attack previously only caused him to play the animation stationary. It's designed as Burst damage output and not a means to keep up with targets.

That is the purpose of his abilities.

However his abilities have such long cool downs compared to other heroes that maintaining presence on your target can be quite difficult - hence the suggestion to reduce CD per Warmonger activation as it allows you to use your skills more frequently in combat to keep up with targets.

As Argus is a basic attack hero, lots of defensive items in game reduce his overall damage output considerably compared to skill ability heroes.

He also suffers greatly from slows and snares due to him being in close proximity to targets in order to do damage, where as other heroes can DPS from slightly longer ranges.
Anonymous user  Post time 1970-1-1 08:00 AM
post_deleted
Post time 2021-6-11 03:16 PM | Show all posts
Argus just needs a full rework, hes so bad but i feel like if he gets too much damage in early he would be too op. So am not sure in his current state what would balance him
Post time 2021-6-11 03:26 PM | Show all posts
Burnzey91 replied at 2021-6-11 10:05 AM
Thank you for your response.

I don't think these changes will benefit Argus greatly at all.

Yes this is how hero adjustment works. One stats will be buffed while another one will be nerfed.

If we look at the positive side, cool down of Argus ultimate is reduced by 10s. At level 15, cd of his ultimate will be 40s.

If he buys magic shoes + Endless battle, his cd reduction will be 20% and he can use his ultimate every 32s. Previously 20% cool down reduction will allow his ultimate to be used after 40s

Immortality lasts for 5s so if you reduce it from his cd, his ultimate can be used every 27 seconds with 20% cool down

Imagine such OP ultimate activating every 27 seconds with only 20% cool down. Note that I did not include cd reduction from the emblem. This will probably make him an OP hero.

This might be the reason for reducing his passive damage by 20%

I still feel this is a very good buff for Argus.

Let's wait and see the results after the patch is released in original server
 Author| Post time 2021-6-11 05:45 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Burnzey91 at 2021-6-11 05:49 PM
Anand replied at 2021-6-11 03:26 PM
Yes this is how hero adjustment works. One stats will be buffed while another one will be nerfed.

Adjustments don't necessarily mean trade offs for one thing for another. You can generally adjust damage output without interfering with anything else

Well, level 3, yes it will be 40s. It's nothing to sneeze at as comparatively to many other heroes - Argus' cool down is one of the longest. So 10 seconds is definitely a nice buff.

The problem with buying equipment that affects  his CD reduction is his DPS output is hindered significantly. Most other heroes have DPS tied to abilities, but Argus needs attack speed and raw damage output from basic attacks. His cool downs will be reduced, but he will only be brought to fights as a damage soak through his ultimate every 24 seconds (assuming total 40% CD reduction).

His ultimate is definitely powerful, but if he's actually unable to do damage due to fundamental design flaws, then what is he besides a front line makeshift temporary tank? Given at higher ranks of play players understand that wings = CC / Slow / Snare, all you do is delay inevitable for the duration.

He needs better ways to reach target in order to make that CD reduction  worth while.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-6-20 05:36 PM GMT+8