Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 447|Reply: 17
Collapse the left

[Complaint] Being matched with low winrate players before season ends

[Copy link]
Post time 2021-6-2 10:07 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
I went from Legend down to Epic 4 in just 2 weeks.
For the last week I noticed that I am being paired with shitty players. Not only me, but most of my friends all went down and noticed that something is wrong with the matchmaking. (We all play solo)

Is this really a thing in mobile legends? Are they intentionally doing this so we would play more before season ends?

Post time 2021-6-3 05:13 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Anand at 2021-6-3 05:22 AM

Reaching Legend rank is very easy for me as they are mostly solo players like me.

I will use a marksman like Layla, Miya, Lesley or Hanabi and farm very quickly because they are all late game marksman. If you are picking late game marksman, my suggestion is avoid fighting till your citical chance is greater than 50.

I you find your teammates ae picking troll heroes, I would suggest you to pick Nana. It will ensure you will get MVP if your team loses and you will get extra protection points. This will save you from losing a lot of stars during lose streak. If you are a good Nana player like me, you can carry your team to victory.

Mages are the meta now. So if you have learned to use mages like Chang'e, Vale, Cecilion, Luo Yi, etc.. who deals very high damage from a very long distance. You can dominate the early game and there is a very good chance of winning the game easily. Mages cannot carry in late game so they should play as support to the carry hero to win during late game

I am not saying other heroes are not good. I am suggesting that playing these heroes correctly will increase your chances of winning.

After reaching Legend, solo players might be matched against duo or trio. If you have a supportive tank, then the marksman strategy will work. Nana strategy always works, you will either win or get losing MVP unless you are not a good mage player. Mages will also need tank support because enemies will gank frequently in Legend rank.

Author| Post time 2021-6-2 02:37 PM | Show all posts
Kathey replied at 2021-6-2 10:49 AM
I don't know, it depends on how you play.

I have around a 58% winrate and I am already at mythic,  ...

You know, sometimes I wonder why are you still a moderator. I never saw a decent reply coming from you.
Post time 2021-6-6 08:17 AM | Show all posts
HoaHoa replied at 2021-6-4 11:38 AM
It happens to me all the time. I have a 80% win rate, so when I play solo the system puts me with lo ...

And this is the perfect example of how NOT to balance matchmaking.

Balanced matchmaking should mean the players within a team are within a certain skill bracket/range (measurable by a combination of rank, mmr, win rate, ELO, etc.). Balancing should also mean the collective skill bracket/range of the members from the teams on either side should be equal or roughly equal to each other i.e. if one team has members whose scores (just hypothetical 0-100 scoring) are  80-85-78-79-83, the members of the opposing team should have a composition that would roughly equal 405 as well (maybe 80-80-81-81-83). This ensures there's proper and balanced distribution of skill levels.

This matchmaking issues has been going on for, I think, over 3 years now... only last year did they finally admit it needed improvement... and yet, there is still so much imbalance in the game.

People keep saying it takes time to imrpove a system... but 3 years is a VERY LONG time. Most software companies roll out massive improvements to their core programs every year, and Matchmaking balance is at the core of MOBAs.

So it's quite a puzzle why they are not putting as much effort into making sure they take the algorithm to the best possible level.

It really makes you think they just don't care. For as long as there are still people playing the game and shelling out money, they won't care.
Post time 2021-6-2 04:28 PM | Show all posts
Hello there,
As you know at the end of the season, players tend to try harder to rank up for the rewards.
So basically, players who got low win rate but eventually made it to a certain rank let's say legend or low mythic, played a lot of games and most likely lost around 65% of them.
That's the only reasonable thing I can think about.
My advice for you is either to queue up with friends or try to rank up to mythic before the 30 days cap of the season.
Post time 2021-6-2 10:49 AM | Show all posts

I have around a 58% winrate and I am already at mythic, despite playing only Mage, Marksman, and Support heroes.

I was also playing before the season ends, I felt fine because sometimes I get a lose streak and a win streak. Usually a lose streak of 2-3 and Win streak of 2-3, but it's fine.

But I also think you should learn how to carry the game because when I was in Epic, I learned how to carry the whole game by myself without needing teammates.
Post time 2021-6-2 11:27 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Anand at 2021-6-2 11:29 AM

I felt the same too. I reached Mythic and lost 9 out of the 10 grading matches because of trolling teammates. They never picked their best heroes.

Then I struggled and reached Mythic V - 100 points with the help of a friend. He stopped playing a few weeks ago. Now I am at Mythic V - 17 points from 100 points and always lost playing solo. So I decided to stop playing rank till the season ends to secure my Mythic rank.

This is just my speculation and I don't have any proof. I think the matchmaking is matching solo players against trio and duo.

Possibility 1: A team of 5 solo players against a trio and two solo players.

Possibility 2: A team of 5 solo players against a trio and a duo.

If this is how matchmaking works then it will be very hard for solo players. This is just a guess only the devs know how it works
 Author| Post time 2021-6-2 05:31 PM | Show all posts
BMPW replied at 2021-6-2 04:28 PM
Hello there,
As you know at the end of the season, players tend to try harder to rank up for the rew ...

This is a better respond than @Kathey
Post time 2021-6-2 07:04 PM | Show all posts
Kathey replied at 2021-6-2 10:49 AM

I have around a 58% winrate and I am already at mythic,  ...

For playing mages, which is the same thing as support if you didn't know, you don't need too much skill. You can just spam skills and come from epic to mythic. You are carried by other players in most cases. I bet if you would be forced to play fighter or tank, you would never move up from lower ranks.
Post time 2021-6-2 11:36 PM | Show all posts
s5tank replied at 2021-6-2 07:04 PM
For playing mages, which is the same thing as support if you didn't know, you don't need too much  ...

In fact, when trying to rank up from epic to mythic it doesn't really matter what role you play more so HOW you play it and if it is a meta pick. I have seen many main fighter or even tank players who were able to reach it quickly due to fact that they know to play hero. In general, however hero you play you still need basics of the game and not just spam your skills on tanks but focus the carries of enemy team. If you do that, throughout the journey from epic to mythic you will increase your change of winning .
Post time 2021-6-3 04:59 AM | Show all posts
s5tank replied at 2021-6-2 07:04 PM
For playing mages, which is the same thing as support if you didn't know, you don't need too much  ...

I think mages are the meta now. They attack you from a very long distance and each attack deals high damage + true damage from items. Having two mages in your team (one with high damage and other with high CC or slow effect) means a certain win. Only skilled assassins and OP fighters can kill these mages easily.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-6-20 06:36 PM GMT+8