Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 255|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Hero Balance] DEVELOPER SUGGESTION: How to *revamp* Argus EDIT#3

[Copy link]
Post time 2021-4-10 12:00 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by Burnzey91 at 2021-5-9 11:36 PM

Thank you Developer Team for looking into Argus. While we Argus mains appreciate your support, the changes made through the Revamp have ultimately made this character worse off.

ARGUS REVAMP

1. PASSIVE WARMONGER:
- Argus retains his Fury resource bar from 0-100 and is generated through attacks and passively over time. Fury increases crit chance and attack speed by 10-30% depending on weapon charge (0-100%) and no longer strike the target 3 extra times.

2. Skill 1 DEMONIC GRIP ---> DEMONIC SLASH

- Remove the Grip and instead only have the slash forward. Targets hit by the ability will suffer the effects of current Skill2 (become cursed and adds the speed boost pathway.) Base Cooldown for ability at 8 seconds. Range increased slightly.

Tooltip: Argus rushes forward with his sword in a designated direction, dealing 325 (+80% Extra Physical ATK) Physical Damage to any enemy hero or creep it hits and slowing them by 40% for 1.6s. Upon hitting a hero, the demonic blade also Curses it for 4 seconds. The cursed targets take 35 (+16%Total Physical ATK) Physical Damage every 0.3 seconds while they move and leave a curse trail that grants Argus an extra 40% movement speed while he moves upon it.

3. Skill 2 METEORIC SWORD

As Skill 2 will be baked into Skill1, this will be completely changed to utilise Argus' resource mechanic.

Tooltip:- Empower Argus' weapon to that provides an additional 20% Extra Physical ATK Physical Damage. Consumes 5% weapon charge per second until depletion. Lasts until cancelled. Able to be toggled on and off.

4. Ultimate ETERNAL EVIL

Remove passive 10/20/30 damage boost. Add base movement speed. Re introduce 40% control decrease.

-Tooltip:
Passive: Argus Permanently increases his Movement Speed by 8 / 16 / 24.
Argus Transforms into a fallen angel, cleansing himself of Debuffs. Meanwhile, he fully charges his blade once, becoming immune to death and duration of controlling effects reduces by 40%. When these effects end, Argus gains HP equal to 100% of damage dealt to heroes during this period.

Thank you for your time.

Post time 2021-4-28 12:25 PM | Show all posts
Edited by C4lam1tyG0D at 2021-4-27 10:31 PM
Burnzey91 replied at 2021-4-27 08:52 PM
But this does not fix that issue either. The animation itself will continue to play static even if  ...

I still disagree with you, his energy is easily refilled whenever it was forcibly used, I enjoy the Argus revamp, my Winrate with him increased by 20% maybe more from around only 50% to 70% now.  
I should reminds you, his skills are there to support him, his main damage are from his basic attack. Late game Argus is very powerful if you build him right.
His First skill is for escaping and engaging.
Second skill is for chase and poke.
His Ult makes you a tank that does massive damage for 5 seconds.
His skillset is for utility use, not fully on damage use. Please understand.
Post time 2021-4-10 08:16 AM | Show all posts
they made his passive like that is so that he is able to easily chase enemies down.
Post time 2021-4-16 11:43 AM | Show all posts
Hi @Burnzey91

Thank you for your suggestion about Argus that has been revamped at this time, hopefully the developer will consider it for further adjustments to him

cheers~
Post time 2021-4-13 11:52 PM | Show all posts
I like the argus before revamp. Because the revamp is like a big nerf to his skils.
Post time 2021-4-11 12:40 PM | Show all posts
Very dissapointed with the revamp. I like the old vetter hahaha i feel he isvery slownow.  I did t like it
Post time 2021-4-10 04:26 AM | Show all posts
I agree with u on argus passive. It just has no style. His passive is weird in the sense that it follows enemies.
 Author| Post time 2021-4-27 08:41 PM | Show all posts
Zamanino replied at 2021-4-13 11:52 PM
I like the argus before revamp. Because the revamp is like a big nerf to his skils.

Strangely enough, yes, you're right.

These changes did nothing to address his main areas of concern. Even these after adjustments. His early game is so bad, and while he boosts quite high with gear in late match, with the amount of stuns, slows and snares in the game it honestly makes no difference.

Developers, please. Buffing his passive damage does nothing if you can never reach/keep up with your target to begin with. The heal is negligible and has no purpose on him.

His ultimate could be reverted back to higher cool down, boost his speed by 50% and immune to stuns and slows for the 5 seconds.

His S1 needs a slightly lower CD.

His S2 needs more damage output, and the path left behind to just slow the target by x% for 1 second every time you strike the target rather than just boosting yours by 40%.

His passive strikes need to lower the cool down of his abilities OR reduce their physical defense.
 Author| Post time 2021-4-27 11:20 PM | Show all posts
Ncup.Ajh replied at 2021-4-16 11:43 AM
Hi @Burnzey91

Thank you for your suggestion about Argus that has been revamped at this time, hopef ...

Thank you Ncup.Ajh.

I have edited the post to be more concise and to the point.
 Author| Post time 2021-4-28 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Burnzey91 at 2021-4-28 10:53 AM
C4lam1tyG0D replied at 2021-4-10 08:16 AM
they made his passive like that is so that he is able to easily chase enemies down.

But this does not fix that issue either. The animation itself will continue to play static even if they have moved and you are mid swing.

The passive itself is useless and has no structural purpose for Argus. In fact by having the passive it is a BURDEN for him. Why?

A) It renders you vulnerable during the animation play time as you cannot move to dodge attacks.
B) displaces you into dangerous areas such as trying to poke under a turret, pushing you forward into the turrets line of sight
C) If you kill a target on first swing with full charge, the charge will deplete to 0 which will not provide extra healing or proceed to damage others in the area such as other minions close by
D) using ANY ability mid passive swing cancels the passive altogether and consumes the charge, and so you are forced to finish the animation before using any abilities otherwise you lose out on that DPS
E) extra swings on turrets generate no self healing for Argus
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-5-17 11:22 PM GMT+8