Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 742|Reply: 11
Collapse the left

[Share] Moonton's "Improved Matchmaking" - Thoughts?

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-12-22 11:37 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by exitoe at 2020-12-22 11:46 PM

Moontoon's "Improved Matchmaking" is far worse than it was, leaving its players pints of hope of a fairer gameplay environment.

Kidding.

But seriously noting, I think MLBB's "Improved Matchmaking" is still worse. Here are some of the few things I've noticed after playing the game for 6 mos:

1.) Whenever I get an AFK teammate, my next game would be my opponent's turn to get an AFK mate (vice versa).

2.) When you're on a lose streak, your succeeding teammates are also on a lose streak. The results are either a win streak OR another lose streak (high chances).

3.) Ever experienced a game wherein one or two of your mates are innocently wandering the battlefield and constantly feeding? Are they AI or somethin'? I tried reporting these dudes, but they never get punished. Seriously, that's weird.

Moontoon's "Improved Matchmaking" has seemingly gave all of us a little light of hope, but as you get fond of the game, you'll notice the flaws that would leave you thinking:
Is Moontoon's Improved Matchmaking just a decoy more than a real thing?

Nothing against Moontoon this time. Actually, it's just a thought to ponder and looking for other player who have experienced the same scenarious as I have from the above list. Anyway, I appreciate all the free stuffs Moontoon has been doing lately. Keep up the good work. And happy holidays everyone!
Post time 2020-12-23 02:08 PM | Show all posts
Developers cant stop AFK, its not their fault we log in and suddenly leave. THERE IS NOTHING TO PREVENT AFK, the only thing is the punishments, which were non-existent before and have increased (last time I was AFK the punishment I was banned from rank for 3 days). So the only possible action against AFK is actually getting better. They take into account the last 100 games, and show your % of bad beheaviour, in my case it was 6%.
Lose streak, yes; that’s a thing I have noticed, but 2 years ago. All my heroes are at a stable 50% winrate. I have 2000 Jhonson games with 50% winrate. Same with Khufra in 1500 games. Im in a winning streak of 5, but before I lost 7 rank games straight.
Something very important is the low skill players; people who only play one role and even one hero (I know a guy who can only play Aurora or Eudora hahahaha). When these players are forced to play other roles, chances are their team will lose. But there is usually more than one of these players, so its kind of balanced. The other problem is when there is an ex-mythical glory, no matter what he picks he will kill everybody. Hopefully there will be an ex-mythical in the other team to make it balanced, the problem is when there is only one low skill player or only one ex-mythical.
I also have lost many times because of a bad draft pick, players picking marksmen or assassin who are just practicing new heroes or learning a new role, but they have thousands of games and good winrate in other roles. When we pick all damage or all tanky, or when the team doesn’t have any cc skills, that is our fault, not the matchmaking, the developers; the game. That is the players´ fault.
Post time 2020-12-23 05:05 PM | Show all posts
" Whenever I get an AFK teammate, my next game would be my opponent's turn to get an AFK mate (vice versa)."

Its imposible, you know? They can force player afk. Actually theyr can dc him, but not really do.
Post time 2020-12-23 10:09 PM | Show all posts
I don't think so. This doesn't really apply generally to the whole game population as I know lots of players whom doesn't have any issues with getting match made with players that will go AFK or toxic. Like what @HoaHoa said, you can't really control who's gonna afk. This can be influenced by outside factors instead of game factors. You're probably just really unlucky, tho the improvement in the punishment system is nice which somehow lessen it by a bit.
Post time 2020-12-24 12:40 AM | Show all posts
Edited by CloudDevelic at 2020-12-24 12:46 AM

@exitoe

Not trying to defend anyone or the game but, a lot of your points here are mostly opinion-based and not really factual.

While I agree that the matchmaking system still needs tons of improvements, it's kinda a fallacy that the system "secretly" gives ton of win/lose streaks. Over the years there's been people complaining and accusing the matchmaking system to be rigged, but that is simply not true.

I played extensively as both a solo player and 5v5 player. In both of the scenarios, I have obtained results that would otherwise prove the points mentioned in this thread wrong.

If the matchmaking is indeed like what you say, then I wouldn't be able to achieve 73-80% win rate in my heroes.

Now I'm not showing off or flaunting, but if indeed the matchmaking is rigged in such a way, then it would be near impossible for solo players to achieve a decent percentage of win rates. However, I am very sure that there's a number of players who achieved the same or even higher win rates as solo players. It does ultimately boils down to hard work, and more hard work. We got there not because we are born to be good and talented players, but through perseverance, hard work and determination plus hunger for success (so much so that we may even neglect our IRL which I did, which was why I semi-retired from the game). But my point is, anyone can reach these level of success someday if they don't give up, work hard and smart in trying to achieve these stats.

I mean obviously if you know that you're not a good Marksman or Assassin, you would practice in classic and learn the ropes first instead of going to Rank and trying to test/gamble your luck. Obviously you're not going to win much if you just dive into Rank without thinking it through. That's what I meant by working smart.

I'm a little sick of people attributing various things to luck, or "oh you have a team" or any other excuses. When I was a solo player, I achieved 75% win rate 500 matches. When I was a 5v5 player, although I had a reliable team, all of my enemies were reliable teammates to their teams also, as well as us meeting top globals/MPL teams like Alter Ego, Burmese Ghoul, RRQ, IDNS Thailand, Geekfam, Ly4ly4ly4, Japan and Korea top squads etc on a regular basis. I met all of them while I was a low Mythic (1-100 stars, Mythic V to III). If anything I should be the one complaining about Matchmaking since my whole squad highest rank was not even that high to be honest; we were like at least 1500points away from these top players. But I understand that it's not the matchmaking fault.

So really, there's no excuse about it. While matchmaking system needs to improve on punishing AFKers or trolls more as well as optimising better more, there's really no excuse or conspiracy about winning or losing and there's no such thing as a win/lose streak. All of these are placebos.
 Author| Post time 2020-12-24 02:10 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Kathey at 2020-12-26 11:26 PM
CloudDevelic replied at 2020-12-24 12:40 AM
@exitoe

Not trying to defend anyone or the game but, a lot of your points here are mostly opinion-b ...

@CloudDevelic

I would not enlist such things if not for what I have observed with my past games. But let me take a step back on the points you have elucidated.

First: "it's kinda a fallacy that the system "secretly" gives ton of win/lose streaks."

I never said that the system is rigged (although I admit that I thought of this in the past few years of playing the game). Please take note that I used the term "decoy" which is contextually different from the term "rigged." What I meant is that Moontoon's "Improved Matchmaking" is a decoy -- a lure to mask what is seemingly a persistent challenge of the game. I was pertaining to how they marketed the "Improved matchmaking" when in actuality, it still is worse. A bit optimized, but the problem is still there.

Second: "there's really no excuse or conspiracy about winning or losing and there's no such thing as a win/lose streak. All of these are placebos."

You're close to invalidating other players' experience. Win or Lose Streak doesn't only determine you're weak, you're low skilled, you're not smart, etc. It's all the entirety of the whole gameplay experience. The factors as to what causes these events: It could either be a combination of your low knowledge of the game, not optimized matchmaking, being constantly teamed up with bad teammates, etc.

Lastly, you know, with my two years of playing as a solo queue, it's funny that when I think of MLBB's Matchmaking, it'd always be a game of "luck." Sad, but it's true.
HoaHoa replied at 2020-12-23 02:08 PM
Developers cant stop AFK, its not their fault we log in and suddenly leave. THERE IS NOTHING TO PREV ...

@HoaHoa

I agree that AFK punishments are way, way better in the past updates. At least, we can all agree that there is an improvement in that aspect. But you must understand, tho, that what I have enlisted here are the experiences I have observed in my past games.

I'm not saying it's the developer's fault (not entirely) but MLBB is a mutualistic relationship. One's flaws affects the others and vice versa.
Charles replied at 2020-12-23 10:09 PM
I don't think so. This doesn't really apply generally to the whole game population as I know lots of ...

@Charles

Could be. But sometimes, you know, it's annoying to get the same set of teammates going AFK over time.
Anonymous user  Post time 1970-1-1 08:00 AM
post_deleted
Post time 2020-12-25 08:19 PM | Show all posts
@exitoe

I've also played other MOBAs, and there's little difference from MLBB in all honesty. More or less the same issues mentioned here do occur in other MOBAs as often as well.

I do agree with the matchmaking still having room for improvements, trust me (you can search my replies on a couple of threads and I gave my 2 cents on what needs to be done in a detailed manner).

However, when you attribute something like matchmaking to luck, it just threw the argument for the topic at hand out of the window for me; because again there's no concrete link, factor or proof of this in action. My explanations in the previous comment have explained in detail, about the circumstances that applies to all players. Saying that I "invalidate other players' experience" is a rather strong statement no? When all I did was to lay out the facts, in a neutral perspective. If I may, it's more of "justifying/revelations about the experience". I came from the lowest background (being a 100% total MOBA nub when I play MLBB), worked hard and achieved top global, played extensively on both solo and 5v5, semi-retired and became rusty as a player. The stance which I established in the previous comment still stands well against the timelines of my progression as a player of MLBB; and the account of my experiences with the matchmaking should proved more than enough in regards to whether there's "luck" even being used in something sensitive like the matchmaking system.

Granted that there's still room for improvement for MLBB, overall I'm personally satisfied with the game. And this is speaking as a player, and not just as a mod.
 Author| Post time 2020-12-26 12:09 AM | Show all posts
Edited by exitoe at 2020-12-26 12:14 AM
CloudDevelic replied at 2020-12-25 08:19 PM
@exitoe

I've also played other MOBAs, and there's little difference from MLBB in all honesty. More  ...

@CloudDevelic

Hi. Happy Holidays.

As you say it, you are speaking as a player. We both are. First and foremost, the reason why I brought up the issue of matchmaking is that I am not still fond of it, and believe me, I also want the MLBB Matchmaking to improve as well.

Again, you are speaking as a player. Your experience will be different from mine. And there's always the other side of the coin. I hope you'll respect my pov if I do see the matchmaking as pure luck. But maybe, you also need to do a little step back and ponder why this player or "I, as a player" think that Moontoon's matchmaking is "a game of luck." Maybe, there really is a flaw with the system or this aspect of the system has been overlooked, and it needs to reconsider by the devs -- something like that. That's the purpose of this forum after all, right?

YES, we have no proof or any logical explanations as to why some players think that matchmaking is a game of luck. But this could be the time for the devs to shed light on this or even debunk this idea. Hope you get my drift. I am speaking for the relatively N percentage of players who have observed the same thing with Moontoon's matchmaking. We all want MLBB to be the best, toxic-free, fair, and competitive MOBA game, and recognizing and considering other players' experience is one of the key steps to achieve this.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-2-28 06:35 AM GMT+8