Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 189|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

[Gameplay] Too Many Trials vs Ability to Obtain Things Permanent

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-11-20 12:33 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by crybloodwing at 2020-11-20 12:40 AM

I believe there are too many trials for heroes, skins, cosmetics, etc.

I understand that this is a free game and there is a need to make money through microtransactions. I have no issues with that and I do love how the ability to try things is given out so freely. However, there is way too much focus on trials.

Problems

1. Cost of unlocking things permanently.
Getting things permanently after working towards a goal feels nice and motivates us to play. However, it can take a very long time to get enough to unlock something permanently and when someone feels like they are not making progress, they can give up and lose motivation. There are also so many heroes I have never seen used in a match before simply because no one has them.

I don't know the exact weekly BP limit, but mine is current at 8,500 (no BP card use) and to get all heroes (based on ways to purchase them) it costs 2,670,800 BP, 52,811 Diamonds, 4,041 Tickets. 73% of these heroes cost the max (32,000 BP or 599 Diamonds.)

Buying with just BP, and assuming no new heroes are added, that would take between 2,811 and 2,812 weeks. Asumming 52 weeks in a year, that would be over 54 years. If we remove the heroes that you can use tickets for, that gives us over 43 years.

If we bought them all with diamonds, the most cost efficient is 8 of the $99.99 + 1 of $49.99 + 1 of $29.99 + 2 of $0.99 for a total cost of $881.88.

The ticket cost is not that bad of an issue, but there are only 9 heroes you can get with tickets, which is 9%, and these are the heroes that almost everyone gets, so they are used way more often while some are almost never used. You can then buy 6 more heroes that are 6,500 BP or lower. So that is 15, or 15.5% of heroes that can be obtained easily.

2. Overabundance of trial cards that are not used.
There are often roles or heroes that an individual has no interest in using, so that trial card just sits in their inventory.

3. Trial Card use can be a waste.
People may only play for 1-2 hours a day, or less than 10 matches. If we use a trial card, it is almost like a waste as not much time is spent in the game or you may only be able to use the hero a few times due to team composition. We then don't get much practice on a hero and may not want to work towards permanently obtaining it to use in Ranked.

4. Other things are based off of what we permanently obtain, such as achievements and progress in your profile.

Ideas to fix this

1. Allow us to exchange trail cards for something else.
This could be BP, diamonds, or a system where if you exchange a number of trial cards of a hero or any hero, you obtain a fragment for a chosen hero. Obtain enough fragments and you can obtain that hero. This does not have to be for all heroes, but maybe a few out of the more costly ones.

2. BP reward increase or more ways to obtain BP
More BP rewards, higher BP gain from matches and a limit increase. Many events or completing something gives a trial card or a box that gives trial cards. Maybe less of these trial rewards and more BP ones.

3. Cost of heroes
More heroes that can be bought with tickets, or as heroes become older, decrease their cost. Newer ones should cost more, but maybe after a number of weeks or months that a hero has been out, their cost decreases.

4. Role based reward/progress system. This could start as a role tutorial and then expand
For each of the 6 roles, there is some type of progression or goals to be done during matches. Jungling could also be included as a "role." Completing these goals will give you fragments for that role and with enough fragments you can exchange it for a hero in that roles. For example, a Support one could have goals, individual or ones that progress like the achievements do like
       - Heal ___ amount of HP in one match
       - Obtain a score of 8.0 or higher on ___ matches
       - Slow enemies for a total of ___ seconds
       - Buff a teammate ___ times
and so on. There could also be hero specific ones included in these such as "Use Rafaela in __ matches with __ healing done or __ gold medals."

Post time 2020-11-20 01:36 AM | Show all posts
yeeee pretty true but u can see why moonton doesnt want us to buy that many heroes like 32000 is reasonable to me since then players can play the heroes they have practiced and the trail cards are for them to try the heroes out before buying them
Post time 2020-11-20 02:56 AM | Show all posts
You could remove hero trial cards, but not those skin trials, I have like 1million of skin trials and they work like real skins(usable both on classic and rank).

Also perhaps it would be better to add the bp limit, current bp limit is 10bp(with 110 credit score), furthermore with added double bp card increases the limit.

Also, for bp, increase bp gainable per match to 300average bp(for 90credit score), max 500bp per match(110credit score), remove the limit on gainable bp per week.
Make Freya buyable with bp.

Ad chest to give 100 - 200 bp, maybe this could help.
Post time 2020-11-21 02:42 AM | Show all posts
@crybloodwing

I personally think that the skin trials are good, it's just that the incentives to players who already have them, need to be more.

Also I don't know why but fragments shop is kinda stagnant now. And lucky spin is abandoned perpetually because the rewards don't ever cycle since day 1.

As for earning BPs, personally I think it is alright. In comparison to other games, BPs in MLBB is a lot easier to earn, whereas in other games it takes forever to buy 1 hero.
Post time 2020-11-21 08:29 PM | Show all posts
With BP you're right i play since S2 i have 77heros and total 8K Matches and i can't even make 32K in that place of new hero coming out every 2Weeks how new players gonna buy heroes its impossible tho i really got heroes what i need but i mean who will care about new comers or newbies do something about that is right decision no doubt.
Post time 2020-11-21 10:46 PM | Show all posts
CloudDevelic replied at 2020-11-21 02:42 AM
@crybloodwing

I personally think that the skin trials are good, it's just that the incentives to pl ...

Lol, bps may be somehow easy to earn, but the weekly bp limit and prices of heroes are the issue here.

League in PC requires two days minimum of grind to afford a new champ, Game G having lower match lengths are still much affordable than ML and requires more grind to afford a new hero than League( of which the amount is already crazy enough).

Imagine a new player having to grind 4 years in order to afford the current set of heroes.

Comments

By game G, I meant HotS  Post time 2020-11-21 10:47 PM
Post time 2020-11-24 02:29 AM | Show all posts
I agree with this, especially to increase the weekly BP limit and add more exchange features for all stuffs in the inventory, instead of just fragments shop

Thanks for your suggestion
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-12-2 11:19 AM GMT+8