Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
Author: Ar3neKn1ght
Collapse the left

[Query] It is good to copycat other game? (honest answer pls)

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-11-16 02:59 AM | Show all posts
Geniusx replied at 2020-11-16 12:40 AM
The very first and original MOBA is Aeon of Strife, a mod map from Starcraft (Blizzard Entertainme ...

Aeon of Strife didn't modernize the genre, DotA did.

Aeon of Strife was 4v4, all heroes are same, everything is balanced as the same, no gold no items, no jungle, etc.

DotA was what started that, and yes thanks to Aeon Of Strife that inspired DotA.
Post time 2020-11-16 07:08 AM | Show all posts
On  the original question, it's not solely about good and bad. It's about catering to player's demands.

Wow, never thought I would come across legacy Blizzard titles here. I did play St@rcraft, Di@blo and W@RCraft but never tried their multiplayer mode.
Post time 2020-11-16 09:50 AM | Show all posts
The_Invoker replied at 2020-11-16 02:57 AM
And also this is why Valve changed Sentinel and Scourge to Radiant and Dire to avoid copyright inf ...

@The_Invoker Thanks for the correction.

Speaking of Valve, Valve company also leading the evolution of the game. Half-Life series, Counter Strike series, and not forget Left 4 Dead series, these game are developed under Valve company. Without Valve, there will be no Game J of Fornite; without them, there will be no survive mode in MLBB.

3 companies leading the evolution are:
Nintendo, most of the acrade game including racing game;
Valve, mainly first person shooting game;
Blizzard Entertainment, defend game, survival game, MOBA, morden RPG mechanism.
Post time 2020-11-16 10:02 AM | Show all posts
The_Invoker replied at 2020-11-16 02:49 AM
No, Eul is the sole creator of DotA, and he works at Valve(developing company of Steam which has D ...

It is like saying that King of Fighters infringed Street Fighters, or Medal of Honor to Call of Duty, also Battle Realms to Red Alert. They have the same elements of the genre but generally, each of them have their own unique mechanics that defines them different fron other similar games.

Going back to DotA vs LoL, they have the same elements of MOBA, which is pushing lanes, destroying enemies and their base to victory, they have different elements. Tho DotA was the one who expound and popularized the genre, LoL attacked it differently.

Dota uses mainly trees and uneven terrains while LoL have brushes and walls to mainly maneuver the map.
Dota uses Str, Agi, Int, while LoL used Ability Power.
Dota jungle buffs is in runes, while lol is in large jungle monsters.
Roshan gives immortality, but Nashor and Herald empowers lanes, also Epic Monster such as Elemental Drakes to give further unique different buffs.
Dota has couriers but LoL has free recall to base.
The structure of jungle is also different in both games.
You cited some heroes of the same fantasy but you play them differently and are distinct.
Dota has plus attributes while lol have runes.
Heroes may have the same fantasy but never the same gameplay and items of the same effect but never the recipe and overall usage.

Lets be real, most of the mobile mobas, if not all, adapts to the elements of lol.  Also, the structure of jungle camps are also the same. Also the element of summoning epic monsters to push lanes and summoner spells, innate passive, basic active and ultimate skill set. There are also items and heroes that have the same mechanics and playstyle combo such as Franco to Pudge, Aurora to Annie. And also items with their corresponding recipes such as Clock of Destiny to Rod of Ages, Winter Truncheon to Zhonia's Hourglass, etc.. I do not say only ML does this, but others newer mobile mobas have them similarities also.

But overall, Mobile Legends proved that they can still change despite of controversies about intelectual infringements and stuffs and make their own elements that defines their game, over the years, such as Project Next and more optimization to come.

Lastly, I also love this thread that tackles other games of the same genre without being toxic to each other or to the cited games.

Comments

Oh yeah, I just recently remembered, Nashor is an anagram of Roshan, spelt backwards switching the "s" and "h". And nocturne ult remind me of Dark Lady ult from HoN, anyways this is common.   Post time 2020-11-26 09:12 PM
Post time 2020-11-16 11:13 AM | Show all posts
@Geniusx

Indeed everything begin in Starcraft. Tower defend, castle defend, and even survival game can be found in Starcraft. But the problem is Starcraft engine is limited, it cannot perform complex action. When they come to Warcraft III, they grow rapidly thanks to Blizzard Entertainment bring in the Diablo II concept. That is why we can somehow said DotA is the first MOBA, in terms of maturity and stability. If DotA is fully grown adult, then Aeon of Strife is new born baby.

As I said, Blizzard Entertainment is leading the evolution. I you notice, we can't run away from Blizzard Entertainment if we discus deeper. I must say Blizzard Entertainment is real success in game industry.
Post time 2020-11-16 11:54 AM | Show all posts
I think DotA was easily established because of how broad the features of Map Editor, and also the predefined Hero Systems, of Warcraft than Starcraft, where Aeon of Strife was modded.
Post time 2020-11-17 12:50 AM | Show all posts
The_Invoker replied at 2020-11-15 10:40 PM
Recall, arrived from MMOs, World Of Warcraft had that.

Those battle spells are similar to Dota acti ...

yeah but mlbb did get sued by lol. You realized that. Yes and no. It is illegal to take someone ideas and make yours. However, since there are so many mobbas right now there is bound to be similarities.
Post time 2020-11-17 08:47 AM | Show all posts
CharlieFong replied at 2020-11-16 12:34 AM
@The_Invoker

"moba" define as "multiplayer online battle arena". It doesn't matter who copy who, a ...

tryin to act smart invoker *vomits*
Post time 2020-11-17 02:03 PM | Show all posts
aznager replied at 2020-11-17 12:50 AM
yeah but mlbb did get sued by lol. You realized that. Yes and no. It is illegal to take someone id ...

Nope, the californian case filed by riot games was dismissed by the court. Riot/Tencent initially filed the lawsuit for the sole purpose of taking down Moonton, and Mobile Legends, as it poses a huge threat to Tencent's Arena Of V., riot did not succeed in their mission.
Post time 2020-11-17 07:20 PM | Show all posts
The_Invoker replied at 2020-11-17 02:03 PM
Nope, the californian case filed by riot games was dismissed by the court. Riot/Tencent initially  ...

Fantastic. I thought I'm the only one who notice the motive behind the lawsuit. You noticed too.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-1-26 07:50 AM GMT+8