Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
123Next
Return to list New
View: 506|Reply: 26
Collapse the left

[Query] It is good to copycat other game? (honest answer pls)

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-11-15 09:20 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
I wondering why sometime moonton make thing similar to other game? It is good or bad?

Atleast they have commitment but still making thing similar. I hope they make different next time.
Post time 2020-11-16 12:34 AM | Show all posts
@The_Invoker

"moba" define as "multiplayer online battle arena". It doesn't matter who copy who, as long as the game mechanic is same, they are "moba".

We all know DotA is the first MOBA, LoL only come after. I can't deny the fact that LoL take the concept form DotA. But if you said DotA is the one who introduce those recall and item spell, I'm not agree.

Diablo, the first RPG game develop by Blizzard Entertainment in 1997 already has recall ability. In the following year Blizzard Entertainment develop another game, Starcraft, which allow unit use special ability (example, burrow for Zerg). This make Starcraft different from traditional war game. With these 2 successful game, Blizzard Entertainment and Flagship Studio well known among PC gamer, their next project is hyped. Diablo II, which still hold until today (almost 20 years), and Warcraft 1,2,3, which is related to the thread.

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, and the expansion pack, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, combine the idea in Diablo II and Starcraft. Most of the items, names, spells, are come from Diablo II, allow the unit to use or hold. Life steal, mana, crirical, mana burn, mana shield, slow, stun, every special attack which found in Diablo II also used in Warcraft III. Why I specially say Warcraft III? Because Warcraft III is where DotA origin from.

If you ask me about DotA, I would said it not even exist at first. DotA is a creative map in W3: The Frozen Throne made by a player. If you ever played W3: Reign of Chaos, you will find that the final campaign which require you to survive 45 minutes is similar to the DotA, I mean the scene, the story, not the game play. DotA actually take the idea from here, where undead force, Scourge, try to corrupt the Tree of World; while the night elf force, the Sentinel, try to destroy the Ice Throne for good (The Frozen Throne, Ilidian story line). DotA, Defend of the Ancient. Now you should know why Sentinel is tree and Scourge is Ice.

Who started first? Obviously is Blizzard Entertainment and Flagship Studio. Is their game leading the evolution. Tower Defend, Castle Defend, MOBA, today RPG game mechanism, almost every game you find in playstore are their descendant (excluding shooting game, shooting game evolve from Half-Life).

Comments

You're like a gaming wikipedia..Nice, I didn't know much of the stuff you said  Post time 2020-11-20 08:32 PM
Wow, so smart, even I as the invoker did not know all of this. Anyway thanks.  Post time 2020-11-16 02:51 AM
Post time 2020-11-16 09:50 AM | Show all posts
The_Invoker replied at 2020-11-16 02:57 AM
And also this is why Valve changed Sentinel and Scourge to Radiant and Dire to avoid copyright inf ...

@The_Invoker Thanks for the correction.

Speaking of Valve, Valve company also leading the evolution of the game. Half-Life series, Counter Strike series, and not forget Left 4 Dead series, these game are developed under Valve company. Without Valve, there will be no Game J of Fornite; without them, there will be no survive mode in MLBB.

3 companies leading the evolution are:
Nintendo, most of the acrade game including racing game;
Valve, mainly first person shooting game;
Blizzard Entertainment, defend game, survival game, MOBA, morden RPG mechanism.

Comments

They change Players Unknown Battlefield Ground to Game J.  Post time 2020-11-16 10:26 AM
Post time 2020-11-17 07:20 PM | Show all posts
The_Invoker replied at 2020-11-17 02:03 PM
Nope, the californian case filed by riot games was dismissed by the court. Riot/Tencent initially  ...

Fantastic. I thought I'm the only one who notice the motive behind the lawsuit. You noticed too.
Post time 2020-11-15 10:38 PM | Show all posts
Edited by shinee. at 2020-11-20 08:31 PM

LOL, just because League of Losers is popular, that means it defines "moba"?
Recall, arrived from MMOs, World Of Warcraft had that.

Those battle spells are similar to Dota active item spells, hero designs and concepts abilities taken from Dota, LOL didn't started them.

Anonymous user  Post time 1970-1-1 08:00 AM
post_deleted
Post time 2020-11-15 11:59 PM | Show all posts
I think mlbb adapts too many fictional character names or famous artists for hero names, like [Clint] from fistfulldollar, Bruno, the name of a famous soccer player, and Alucard the name of another game.
Post time 2020-11-16 12:24 AM | Show all posts
Edited by StreetGamer at 2020-11-16 07:22 PM
The_Invoker replied at 2020-11-15 10:40 PM
Recall, arrived from MMOs, World Of Warcraft had that.

Those battle spells are similar to Dota acti ...

But the people behind * is also behind * ? Idk I played both and there is no heroes or kits that have the same mechanics and playstyle from both games.
Post time 2020-11-16 12:26 AM | Show all posts
There's nothing wrong about it if it is for the better, well except for designs.
Post time 2020-11-16 12:40 AM | Show all posts
CharlieFong replied at 2020-11-16 12:34 AM
@The_Invoker

"moba" define as "multiplayer online battle arena". It doesn't matter who copy who, a ...

The very first and original MOBA is Aeon of Strife, a mod map from Starcraft (Blizzard Entertainment).
Post time 2020-11-16 02:49 AM | Show all posts
Geniusx replied at 2020-11-16 12:24 AM
But the people behind DotAncients is also behind LoLegends? Idk I played both and there is no hero ...

No, Eul is the sole creator of DotA, and he works at Valve(developing company of Steam which has DotA, 2)

Drow Ranger-Ashe, Pudge-Blitzcrank, Naga Siren-Nami, Lina-Annie, Medusa-Casseiopeia, etc.

There are more to know, Flash-Blinkdagger, Teleport,/Recall- TP scroll, etc.
Post time 2020-11-16 02:57 AM | Show all posts
CharlieFong replied at 2020-11-16 12:34 AM
@The_Invoker

"moba" define as "multiplayer online battle arena". It doesn't matter who copy who, a ...

And also this is why Valve changed Sentinel and Scourge to Radiant and Dire to avoid copyright infringement from Blizzard, I see.

Its been long since I played the og WC3.

Tho you made an error here, Eul designed DotA originally in 2003 on RoC client, then years later, he stopped development on the mod, and passed it to his fans before the 2nd anniversary of the mod. Then Meian created his version on the mod based out of the various fan mades of DotA on The Frozen Throne's client, and called it the Allatars.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-12-2 12:10 PM GMT+8