Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 391|Reply: 15
Collapse the left

[Gameplay] Penalties

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-11-4 03:18 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Screenshot_2020-11-04-12-48-47-785_com.mobile.legends.jpg

I reported a player for leaving the match early. The result is some score deduction (no surprises here) and one day ban from the MCL.

Oh, this was a Grandmaster ranked match.

Now back to topic, player in question is banned from joining the MCL.

The MCL.

Seriously, which GM players even cared for the MCL? Other than those Mythics who are nurturing a smurf account? I absolutely doubt that such penalty would prevent anyone from lower tier to repeat the same violation.

On the contrary, this player should be banned from ranked matches. For at least 24 hours straight. Pleas consider this.
Spare the MCL bans to those Legend II upwards. Or better yet, to those who violate rules during MCL match.
Post time 2020-11-4 06:07 PM | Show all posts
Hello.
Once player violating rules of match, the player will automatically banned from Ranked match based on how many the player violating rules at a time, minimum 4 minutes banned from ranked match.

Since we dont know what cause the player AFK, banning 24 hours at first violation seems too much, its might best at second or third, keep notice on Advanced Server, moving the thread to Suggestion.

Check also:
Community Feedback & Developers Reply [ 28/7/2020 - 18/8/2020]
Voice from Developers 14/10/2020
Voice from Developers 21/10/2020
Voice from Developers 28/10/2020
 Author| Post time 2020-11-5 06:35 AM | Show all posts
Edited by RRQ_Jengkol at 2020-11-5 06:38 AM

Hello @DennisST and thank you for replying.

Well, okay perhaps 24 hours is a bit much. But please keep it at least six to eight hours minimum for the first violation. And I still consider bans from MCL is irrelevant and has negligible effect for lower tiered players.

I also notice from another report that certain players have been banned for six days for AFK behavior. Then again their remaining score was low (below 50 iirc) so we may get the point how many times they violate rules in a period of time. Good for them (or as Malay say it; padan muke die).
And single digit to sub zero scores? That's still a thing too.

You see, a significant number of players don't care about credit score. The effective way to punish their negative behavior  is by denying their access to a match. For a significant period, nonetheless.
Post time 2020-11-5 07:03 AM | Show all posts
You can't give 6 hours minimum for the first violation, it's too much. But i think you be able to give them that much if it goes to third or fourth violation.

Author| Post time 2020-11-6 06:49 AM | Show all posts
Is it still too much? Why? What reason would justify banning AFK player for less than six hours?
And please be reminded that this ban is from ranked matches only. Means they can still play, but not in ranked matches.
Post time 2020-11-6 02:58 PM | Show all posts
I don't think it gives that much of timeframe for first violation? The credit score rule nowadays is already hard anyway. With the rates and stuff, it makes those toxic players not able to play ranked for a while actually. Regardless of which violation is which, but if their credit score rate is off the charts, I'd say good bye ranked game and even classic game for them for days.
Post time 2020-11-6 06:22 PM | Show all posts
@RRQ_Jengkol

I feel personally that there should be a sort of blacklist or monitoring system of some sort, so that reoffenders can be penalised harsher, or be dealt with an ultimatum.
 Author| Post time 2020-11-7 10:37 AM | Show all posts
@Charles

Seeing that our reported player from post #1 had had 106 score before punishment, it was either second violation or - more likely -  that the player had been on their way to maximize their score (which they failed).
You are correct that there is minimum credit score required to play certain types of match; we will need 90 minimum for ranked match (cmiiw).

@CloudDevelic

Perhaps the method used against those hackers is effective?

@Eizy

Still waiting for explanation why six hours ban for first violation is too much. We are discussing AFK behavior, not random people calling names or bringing family/religion/ethnicity into in game chat or tank steal assassin buff with retribution. AFK, along with intentional feeding, is way up there in terms of severity. Why start a game if you can't dedicate your time and effort. Mobile Legends, and multiplayer online games in general, are not solely about players winning or finishing quests. They are also about people being responsible to their actions.
Post time 2020-11-7 12:45 PM | Show all posts
RRQ_Jengkol replied at 2020-11-7 10:37 AM
@Charles

Seeing that our reported player from post #1 had had 106 score before punishment, it was e ...

Like i said, giving 6 hours for the first violation it's too much compared with the other game that i test it. I intentionally afk in other game from the start and i only got 2 hours ban. I got 8 hours penalty when it goes to third violation.
Post time 2020-11-8 09:32 AM | Show all posts
Eizy replied at 2020-11-5 07:03 AM
You can't give 6 hours minimum for the first violation, it's too much. But i think you be able to gi ...

You are going too easy. I would say ban them for days or weeks

Comments

I know that. They should punish more severely. I hate game spoilers  Post time 2020-11-8 02:01 PM
Not their mistake, it was based on comparison between games.  Post time 2020-11-8 01:51 PM
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-12-2 11:24 AM GMT+8