Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 1296|Reply: 0
Collapse the left

[Lore & Novel] The Elves of the Night [P2]

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-10-22 09:40 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
miyah1.png

It certainly was a very unusual day, Miya thought. A misunderstanding resulted to a skirmish with a human warrior - which led to them picking up a mysterious woman. The trek to the village was slow with Rafaela weakened, and they decided to let her ride on Leo to not slow the group down any more. Irithel insisted they drive Zilong away from the jungle but she refused. They need to have some form of apology for attacking a stranger.

Elves were civilized, hospitable and caring people - not savages as some humans thought.

Miya picked plucked some fruits. She didn't know what kind of food humans eat but she was sure this wouldn't be poisonous. Not far from the garden, Zilong was by his bonfire. Without his armor he looked smaller, and less intimidating - yet his posture was that of a warrior always ready to strike. A few elven children approached him and she could overhear them asking about his armor and spear. Miya approached them, "hey don't bother our guest!"

The children ran away quickly and resumed playing. Zilong replied "it's not a problem. They were curious about me."

Miya handed him a plate of fruits. "Here, I am not sure if humans eat the same thing but these are pretty good."

Zilong bowed his head. "This would be fine, thank you Miya." He took one bite from an apple. "Lolita has been apologizing all evening, please tell her that all is well," he said as he chewed.

Miya sighed, "I'll remind her. She is really like that, too nice and heroic. I should apologize as well. I could have shot you in the face, and I would probably have regretted it afterwards."

The warrior snorted, "Shot me in the face? I'd like to see you try. Although, you're quite skilled yourself." Miya flushed at the compliment. "How is Rafaela?" Zilong finished an apple and bit into another one.

"She seemed shaken and didn't talk much. I think she needed more time."

Zilong frowned. "I don't like for her to relive the experience, but if she could give me the identity of the man who hurt her, I can bring him to justice, " he said with a low voice. "Can she stay here with you?"

Miya's shoulders sagged. It was difficult to say the truth. "Ideally, she would be welcome to stay and live amongst us. However, she wouldn't be safe here either. I am sure you can see why."

"I did notice." Zilong looked around. "There were barely any men in the village but a lot of empty buildings."

Their defense towers were all destroyed. All they had was their healing fountain -without it, they would all perish. Lolita was the only one strong enough to shield them from warriors. Miya's chest ached. She wanted to pour all sorrows but she should stop. This shouldn't be a concern of a human stranger but Zilong seemed to sympathize. "We lost our king Estes, or rather… he was taken from us. A few months ago we were a powerful kingdom, but without him, our armies fell to the demons." She sighed, "Don't burden yourself with our story. We can rely on no one except ourselves and I know we are strong together."

Zilong nodded, "But what makes you think I am not an enemy spy you brought to your secret hideout?"

Miya smirked, "and what makes you think you're not our hostage we can torture for information?" Zilong laughed.

A loud cry pierced through night. Miya and Zilong sprang towards the noises. The villagers ran into their houses, screaming in panic. A few bodies were left scattered on the ground.
Irithel, atop of Leo, shouted to everyone, "Night Elves!" The alarms blared all around them and the elven warriors - what was left of them - drew their blades. One by one, the lamps and fires around the village were extinguished by the enemy, shrouding them with darkness. Miya concentrated her vision based on the gentle sheen of the moonlight.

The night elves striked brutally, swift like wolves in flight. Miya aimed her bow at the assassins and used her elven magic for a rain of arrows.

"Argh!" Lolita's hammer slammed on the ground. The houses shook, the grass was leveled. Nana used her magic to slow down their targets, a large cat paw lifting the targets off the ground. Her boomerang bounced off the targets, signifying their location. It was Miya and Irithel's chance to shoot them with arrows. Irithel and Leo leapt on rooftops and powerful shots rained down. Something moved beside her. Miya froze as an assassin charged at her. So close, she couldn't make it - but Zilong shielded her with his spear. He charged forward but his opponent's speed increased unnaturally. The assassin smiled as she retreated to the shadows. Miya knew her.

"Karina," Miya hissed. "Be careful Zilong, Karina is not like the others."

He nodded, "I'll watch your back." Zilong guarded her from other assassins. She silently thanked him. However, Miya helplessly watched as Karina's blade struck down her clansmen. The assassin vanished as quickly as she appeared. Miya's eyes turned to Nana who was left open, "Nana, come here!" The cat elf ran forward, but Karina reappeared and slashed her down.

"No!" Miya shot in desperation in the darkness. Suddenly orbs of light fell from the night sky and illuminated the entire village. Rafaela stood at the center of the courtyard, her hand stretched light struck every dark corner, revealing the assassins hiding in the shadows, Karina amongst them. Fountains of light emerged from Rafaela and the assassins froze in their spot, no longer invisible.

Zilong sprang to action, taking down some of the night elves. They began to retreat from the losing battle, including Karina. "I won't let you get away!" Zilong's armor glowed like fire and he ran like a flash. However; the second he reached Karina, he turned into stone.

"Petrified," Miya wanted to follow but she chose to go to Nana. In a blink of an eye, Irithel and Leo leapt from above and pounced on Karina. The assassin was pinned down the ground as the others escaped.

"Miya! Nana!" Rafaela towards them, casting healing magic on everyone on the ground. Nana wasn't moving. All Miya could do was cry in the dark.

Haven't read part 1 yet? Click here

by: PinkPugita

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-12-4 10:25 AM GMT+8