Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 6697|Reply: 17
Collapse the left

[Hero Gear Tips] Yi Sun-shin Full Hero Guide

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-3-13 11:47 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by kuehfengyuan at 2017-4-2 22:40

Introduction to Yi Sun-shin (YSS)
Yi Sun-shin is one of the 6 available marksman that's currently available in the game. Even in the latest patch, even though it's physical attack and attack speed are reduced, it is still, in my opinion, one of the most relevant marksman alongside moskov and clint. It's position in a lineup would definitely be the ADC (Attack Damage Carry), which means that it has low health but deals a lot of damage from normal attack.YSS is currently my personal favourite because of it's superb early and mid game teamplay potential. The rest of the guide will cover why it is so.

Skill analysis
Passive Skill: Heavenly Vow
This passive skill allows YSS to change between range and melee attack depending on how close he is to his target. What's special about this is that when he uses his melee form, it will inflict a bleeding effect on the enemy. This bleeding effect stacks up to 6 times and deals pure damage to the enemy. This allows YSS to perform well in both close combat and range combat depending on the situation he's in. This passive also gives YSS the ability to mount a boat that spawns at 3 minutes (consecutive boats spawns 3 minutes after you mount the previous one).

Skill 1: One-wave Sweep
YSS jumps backwards and slashes forwards, dealing physical damage and lowering the enemy's movement speed by 40% for 2 seconds. This is a skill that can be used both offensively and defensively, depending on whether or not you are running away, or preventing your enemy from running away. When YSS is on his boat, using this skill will instead throw the boat towards the enemy in a straight line, stunning enemies for 1.5 seconds. When used properly, it is especially useful to turn around a teamfight with the boat.

Skill 2: Blood Floods
YSS charges his bow and releases an arrow, the longer you charge the arrow, the further the range of it. The arrow hits enemies in a line, and inflicts the bleeding effect on the enemy. This skill is extremely useful in the early game to farm waves of minions, and very effective in slowing enemy, stacking the bleeding effect in mid to late game.

Ultimate: Mountain Shocker
Using this ultimate sends a wave of fire from the sky to all 5 of your enemies anywhere on the map. It also shows their last seen position on the map and inflicts the bleeding effect on them. A very important thing to note about this ultimate is that enemies can dodge it, hence it is a utility skill in my opinion. It it mostly used in combos with your team instead of using it on just one hero that you might be fighting alone.

Adding of abilities
Abilities should be maxed in this sequence,
Blood Floods -> Mountain Shocker -> One-wave Sweep

Blood Floods should always be maxed first because it is the only skill YSS has that can damage your enemies in a distance. One-wave Sweep in the early game is generally used to escape your enemies and in rare situations, to slow your enemies and kill them.

Combos
Skills are pretty straight forward without much of a combo. However, in the early stages of the game, you can constantly use blood floods on your enemy and when he is low and recalling back to his base, use your ultimate to try to kill him off. It is however very unlikely going to work against experienced players in higher ranked games. In the mid to late game phases, use your normal attack, blood floods when enemy tries to run, one wave sweep when you need to run or chase enemy, mountain shocker when your team engages.

As for hero combinations, given that you ultimate hits all enemy heros on the map, you can pretty much combo with any assassin heros, fighter heros. As long as your team is aggressive and have heros going around the map trying to pick off enemy heros, YSS would definitely help secure the kill due to the nature of his ultimate.

Do note that YSS is extremely bad with team combinations that are passive and defensive in nature, as it falls off quickly in it's late game potential as compared to other marksman. You would want a hero combination that can secure your team's early and mid game and potentially ending the game even before the enemy maxes out their gear.

Battle Spells
Purify works extremely well with YSS, in sticky situations where the enemy CCs you, you can use it and then your one-wave sweep to escape and get into position for a teamfight.
CCs = stun, knockup etc

Assault will also work well with YSS, giving him extra movement speed in both defensive and offensive situations.

Flicker can also be used with YSS, given that it can be used both offensively and defensively. *Flicker is currently my favourite skill on YSS because purify have been nerfed so hard.
Retribution can also be used with YSS. Although not commonly used as a marksman battle spell, if you are confident enough in your team to secure the early and mid game, use Retribution to gain the upper hand in your networth. Retribution will help you farm the jungle much faster hence giving you a gold lead.

List of Gear
1st Set: Swift Boots -> Thor's Sting -> Tooth of Greed -> Blade of Destruction -> Wind Chaser -> Blade of Despair

This gear set up works in MOST situations in early to late game.

2nd Set: Swift Boots -> Thor's Sting -> Magic Blade -> Tooth of Greed -> Scarlet Phantom -> Wind Chaser
This gear set up is used when there are aggressive magic heros like karina and kagura. In situations where your team is losing out on net worth, you can use this gear set up as well. Swap your magic blade with blade of destruction and scarlet phantom with blade of despair only if you have enough gold to purchase the entire item.

3rd Set: Swift Boots -> Thor's Sting -> Fallen Sword -> Blade of Destruction -> Wind Chaser -> Blade of Despair

This gear set up is used when your teamfight potential and your opponent's team fight potential is equally matched. Change the Fallen sword to Tooth of Greed in the late game.

For all gear set ups, get a hunter's knife at level 1 so that you gain more exp when you proceed to the jungle after clearing the minions in the lane. Also get the cheap mana regen item for spamming of skill.

Gear Analysis
Swift Boots - +15% attack speed, 40 movement speed.
YSS could use the attack speed because his base attack speed is low.

Thor's Sting - +30% attack speed, 8% movement speed and 20% critical chance. On each 5th attack, the next one will deal additional 125 magic damage up to 3 enemies. Each time a lightning is cast, movement speed will be increased by 10% for a brief moment.
Very good item for YSS, attack speed, movement speed, critical chance all needed on YSS. Very good item for early game as well.

Tooth of Greed - +70 physical attack, 20% lifesteal. When hp drops below 20%, the hero will receive an extra 10% lifesteal.
Very good item for marksman. Helps you sustain longer in a teamfight.

Fallen Sword - +45 physical dmg, +30% attack speed and +10% lifesteal. Basic attacks will deal an extra 8% of the enemy’s HP.
Very good item against tank because of the extra 8% damage of the enemy's HP. That being said, the 8% extra damage is a lot on all heros as well

Blade of Destruction - +75 physical attack, +20% critical strike chance. +50% crit damage and each crit strike will increase user's physical attack by 5% for 2 seconds
One of the most bought item for any marksman because it increases your critical damage drastically.

Wind Chaser - +60 physical attack, +40% physical penetration
Gives you physical penetration thus increases damage

Scarlet Phantom - +30 physical attack, +40% attack speed, +10% critical strike chance. Crit strikes will increase hero's attack speed by 35% and crit rate by 10%, lasting 2 seconds
Must buy item on YSS in my opinion because of the extra attack speed and crit rate. YSS in late game is very dependent on basic attacks to quickly take down enemies.

Blade of Despair - +130 physical attack, 25% attack speed, 10% critical strike chance. Deals an extra 15% damage to an enemy in any abnormal state.
One of the most bought item for any marksman because it increases your critical damage drastically.

Tooth of Greed - +70 physical attack, 20% lifesteal. When hp drops below 20%, the hero will receive an extra 10% lifesteal.
Very good item for marksman. Helps you sustain longer in a teamfight.

Magic Blade - +60 physical attack, 24 magic resistance. When HP drops below 30%, get one shield that can absord 510-1350 damage (increases with level)
Very good item for marksman in the case where there's a magic hero like kagura or karina. In certain cases, good against fanny too. I know fanny is not magic damage, but having this item could make the fanny over commit when she tries to solo you, giving you the chance to kill a fanny as well.

Emblem Set
Physical or Jungle Emblem, no others. I personally use physical for the extra HP but if your team's lineup is extremely aggressive and you foresee yourself ganking a lot with your team, go ahead and use the jungle emblem.

Combat Tips
1st rule of a marksman, don't ever stand in front. Like any other marksman, YSS shouldn't be infront. Neither should he be in sight at the start of a team fight because heros like fanny, karina, kagura, chou can snipe you off easily in the late game. Positioning yourself well is key. If your enemys' assassins know where you are before a teamfight and catches you, it will be detrimental to your entire team.

During early game phase, the best lane would be mid lane. Simply because your skill blood floods will give you the upper hand in clearing the lane and damaging your enemy. Your passive melee attacks will help you clear minions easier as well. For early game laning phase, clear the wave and then proceed to jungle to get your level 4 as fast as possible. You are also able to fight any marksman in the mid lane if they decide to trade basic attacks with you. If that happens, go as close to them without going into turret range and use your melee attack for bleed effect.
If there is a fanny or any other jungle heros in your team, give the jungle to your them and get your level 4 in the lane while pushing the tower as much as you can. YSS does very well farming/pushing in lane while using your ultimate to help your teammate kill secure kills in other lanes.
Due to the recent nerf of YSS physical attack and attack speed, it is very important that YSS does well in early game, meaning if you play YSS try to always have a gold lead of your opponent's marksman.

During mid game phase, this is where YSS shines, it's global ultimate, bleeding effect is the best in the mid game phase, where team fights are frequent. This is the point of the game where you should fight more often instead of farming. Going for kills, then towers, turtle, lord etc.

During the late game phase, this is where YSS becomes mediocre and falls off compared to marksmans like moskov, miya and clint. However, it is not completely useless and what's crucial in late game is to use your boat strategically to stun and kill enemies out of position.

In summary,
Pros:
Early Game
Mid Game
Able to farm and help team secure kills with ultimate

Cons:
Late game due to lesser damage output compared to other markman

Team fight tips
Always stay behind your tank/semi tank fighters, heros like mino, akai, chou. Do not ever go too front and use your melee attack unless the enemy is alone.

Updated: 29/3/17

Gear

Gear
IMG_4126.PNG

User

User
Post time 2017-3-15 06:24 PM | Show all posts
update update update :lol
Post time 2017-3-16 09:44 AM | Show all posts
Edited by beklog at 2017-3-16 09:47
troy01 replied at 2017-3-16 08:37
why youre using different users screenshot?

He higlight the wrong player in the Global Ranking screenshot, but you can see his IGN in the 3rd place.
Post time 2017-3-16 08:37 AM | Show all posts
Post time 2017-3-16 01:28 PM | Show all posts
Is it true that yi sun shin is the weakest normal attack marksman? Because i lose to other marksman 1v1 even with 2k plus gold lead than them..
Post time 2017-3-16 03:26 PM | Show all posts
beklog replied at 2017-3-16 09:44
He higlight the wrong player in the Global Ranking screenshot, but you can see his IGN in the 3rd p ...

yeah i notice too.. but kinda weirded out when i first saw it.. haha
 Author| Post time 2017-3-16 09:03 PM | Show all posts
troy01 replied at 2017-3-16 08:37

sorry, i just highlight wrong that's all, thought putting my profile ss would help others identify. Will update to avoid confusion! :)
 Author| Post time 2017-3-16 09:04 PM | Show all posts
Phodo replied at 2017-3-16 13:28
Is it true that yi sun shin is the weakest normal attack marksman? Because i lose to other marksman  ...

It is unfortunately, which is why it is very important to end the game as soon as possible
Post time 2017-3-16 10:48 PM | Show all posts
kuehfengyuan replied at 2017-3-16 21:04
It is unfortunately, which is why it is very important to end the game as soon as possible

I hope they can improve a bit on his late game scaling. When i am with good team that they understand this hero we are to coordinate and end the game fast. But when i am solo queuing, I cannot seem to carry the team no matter how good i perform early to mid game.
 Author| Post time 2017-3-16 11:40 PM | Show all posts
Phodo replied at 2017-3-16 22:48
I hope they can improve a bit on his late game scaling. When i am with good team that they underst ...

Try not to solo with YSS, i find him extremely effective only when you have a team to co ordinate with! But yes hopefully they buff him after nerfing him so much....
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2019-1-21 09:36 AM GMT+8