Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 283|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Hero Balance] Inconsistency in hero roles

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-6-28 05:56 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by ratul547 at 2020-6-28 06:36 PM

We have noticed that developers are working on hero roles to match with them properly. For example: Harley is now Mage/Assassin.
But there are more heroes who needs  role makeover.

Kaja
When he was first released, his skill 2 was a dash skill which could give shield to teammate. But after his rework, there is no more shield giving ability for him. He is still considered as support. But the basic concept of support role - "giving special buffs or abilities to teammates" is no longer applicable for Kaja. He was a Support/Tank before. But now he holds the role of Support/Fighter which should be only Fighter.  

Many people will argue that his CC from ultimate is considered as support. But I would say "No". It's because of his pre revamp skill.

Minsitthar
The hero who is a fighter and has an actual ability to support the team is Minsitthar. His passive gives extra gold to teammates and he earns extra gold from teammates. But he is labeled only as Fighter. He should be Fighter/Support.

Nana
After rework she doesn't give nearby allies extra gold. Now she has a passive of saving herself when teammates get beaten up and struggles for life. The opposite of  Support role! strange, isn't it? She is fine with only Mage  role.

** But here is another point, If Nana's warding ability with second skill is counted as support, I will recommend making Selena's role to Assassin/Support. No one can ward like her in the game right now.

Johnson
A unique tank who can rush into battle with a teammate. If giving a ride is not a support ability, I don't know what is. He should be added to the Tank/Support category.

Kagura
Although She is a mage, She is mostly played as Assassin. Her mobility, skill combinations, everything suits to be Assassin rather than Mage. Or Adding Assassin sub role would be okay, I think.

Lapu-Lapu
He would be fine if he was a Fighter/Tank  instead of being Fighter/Assassin. He is durable enough to be a secondary tank in the team.  

Luo-Yi
She is a mage, But she is more like a support. Teleporting the whole team to another place is crazy. She is a Support/Mage in my eye.

Popol and Kupa
Popol is a Marksman but Kupa is a Fighter. Why ignoring the doggo? I mean, Wolf.

Popol and Kupa Together,
Are Marksman and Fighter

I hope the devs will notice these suggestions and consider to change their roles accordingly.

[All the suggetsions above are based on personal observation]

Post time 2020-6-30 02:39 PM | Show all posts
Any hero can't be 'anything' in this game. For example: Zilong cannot be mm Cannot be tank with full tank build. He will die really fast. Magic build will not increase his skill damage

I didn't say they can be effective though. And it goes without saying that melee heroes can't become ranged, duh.
My point here is that players find ways to use heroes outside their class in an effective way, and Moonton ends up playing catch up (like when they realize peeps use Harley effectively as an assassin, only then they modified his role as mage/assassin)
Post time 2020-6-29 05:42 PM | Show all posts
I support this role change you suggested,
like Popol Kupa imo is like MM/Fighter, Kaja is actually just a Fighter, and Minsithar is Fighter/Support,
but for Nana i think she is more like Mage/Assassin since his passive are suitable for a hero like MM or Assassin, and her hex skill could gank an enemy easily bc molina will chase the target...i even dreaming of her to become Mage/Marksman bc of her weapon and how she played, imagine she is a marksman/mage that her skill is to support her to gank/kill enemy easily...
Oh I will also add Dyrroth, he is actually an Assassin/Fighter...
Post time 2020-6-28 06:38 PM | Show all posts
Welp, Kaja himself gives CC effects from his first skill and his ult. I mean, there's somehow a Role mismatch but that doesn't mean that they can't get out of their box. Like for example, Chou whom is a fighter can be a full tank hero.
 Author| Post time 2020-6-28 06:50 PM | Show all posts
Edited by ratul547 at 2020-6-28 06:53 PM
Charles replied at 2020-6-28 06:38 PM
Welp, Kaja himself gives CC effects from his first skill and his ult. I mean, there's somehow a Role ...

Chou was played as tank very long time ago. I remember people asking for changing his role to fighter/tank at that time. he was more durable than regular tanks because of his immunity from second skill. But later, he was adjusted in such a way that damage reducing became almost obsolete. Now most people don't play him as tank.
I think I haven't made absurd suggestions here, like changing Valir's role to support, that people are doing in the current meta.
Post time 2020-6-29 12:31 AM | Show all posts
I have played Nana for more than a year or two. I can tell you that her passive is not even new. She can perhaps save herself, but when she gets stuck from a CC skill before dying, she can’t flee.
I have used Luo-Yi for a few times and when I teleport, no one comes in thd teleportation circle with me. I was like maybe they prefer walking to the area than teleporting. You could easily get ganked when you have your teammates teleport with you. I have teleported with someone and all of the sudden we got ganked and then we lost because of my teleportation.

Comments

T_T  Post time 2020-6-30 01:22 AM
Post time 2020-6-29 02:40 AM | Show all posts
Adjusting role is a good suggestion...recently there are some changes but in opinion its doesn't affect at all whether it is support age or whatever its the same in my eys
Post time 2020-6-29 03:55 AM | Show all posts
Any hero can be almost anything in this game, depending on the equipment builds. The devs should  finally decide whether to stick with roles, label heroes like they do now,  and their abilities and build should be faithful to their role (for example, tanks don't have the ability to dash around and deal super damage) OR remove labels and let each hero be unique in how the player wants them to be built.

Comments

Any hero can't be 'anything' in this game. For example: Zilong cannot be mm Cannot be tank with full tank build. He will die really fast. Magic build will not increase his skill damage.  Post time 2020-6-30 01:26 AM
Post time 2020-7-1 06:52 PM | Show all posts
Onlyloser replied at 2020-6-30 02:39 PM
I didn't say they can be effective though. And it goes without saying that melee heroes can't beco ...

players find ways to use heroes outside their class in an effective way, and Moneyytoon ends up playing catch up

It's not the players that found ways to use heroes outside their class , it's just the developer is bad at balancing the game  , i'm both insulting and telling the "truth" , the best example is gusion , his durability is too much for an assassin therefore gusion should've been classifed as fighter too , or else nerf his durability so it doesn't take 2 ultimate just to kill him , other example is Minshittar , minshittar is a support , any damage minshittar in current meta will be trash talked until the player uninstall the game (with some exception) , and minshittar durability is not that high, but somehow and somewhere in developer brain neural network , minshittar is a fighter , bruh .
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-7-13 07:24 AM GMT+8