Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 715|Reply: 14
Collapse the left

[Mood] Meta vs Non-Meta

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-5-31 03:08 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by PhilYan at 2020-5-31 05:06 PM

Screenshot_20200531-145012.png

This is a Rank game in Mythical rank.
As you see . All of our opponent heroes are currently meta heroes. While ours is out of meta. Or almost forgotten .

But each of our pick are counters of theirs.

Valir can push back atlas.
While franco can hold carrie and Hylos.
Eudora can easily delete selena.
And sun omcan out powered chou.

Plus we have a better synergy. As a franco i i can hold down 1 opponent while granger bursting him with his 1st skill.

Valir can defend turrets alone.
Valir and eudora are both anti setters\initiators.
Why sun is unstoppable in split pushing.

This is what I'm explaining in my previous post here. That team composition is one of the best strategy. And counter picking is a thing. Literally.

I can pick tigreal but i didn't. Because it will ruined our synergy with valir. So i pick franco franco to atleast disable 1 enemy. We have valir to stop atlas. Eudora can delete 1 enemy while sun split pushing.

Stop being a meta slave. And start reading Hero passive and skills so you can strategically pick a better hero.
images (18).jpeg
Post time 2020-5-31 05:55 PM | Show all posts
I believe this is a comeback victory. Your team most likely got dominate in the early game because of enemies meta pick. The enemy somehow make few mistakes along the way that got them destroy at the end. Analyzing enemies rating and gold, most likely my deduction is correct here.

Counter pick is a thing, but if the enemy knows how to play around it..counter picking is almost useless. Based on your example, the counter pick is just countering 1 single hero or skills. Though I think you can go more depth in explaining each of the counter pick.

If I may 'countering' your point about Eudora can easily eliminate Selena..a good selena can just change strategy into supporting her carry. Or maybe disturbing enemies carry. The current meta is almost like being 1 carry (it will be the kimmy in your example) while the other will be support or initiator or tank. One of the good thing about selena is she can change between an initiator/damage dealer or a long range support and providing map vision.

Counter pick with non meta can be a trouble most of the time. If it really is a thing, most pro will do it. And you wont see so many pros playing the same meta hero. If you need proof of this, just check top 10 or 50 or 100 players in the leaderboard. You will see almost the same hero being played over and over again.
1 example doesn't exactly a proof of anything. All I got from this is that..yes, playing non meta may win you the game.

The truth is, meta will most likely win you the game.
Post time 2020-5-31 06:36 PM | Show all posts
Eudora is one interesting hero, in late game she can kill marksman and assassins and fighters but in early she  is so weak, thats why she is underrated, team composition is good way to counter someone some people just pick what they want even if there is someone on that role, they underestimate it, some people underestimate even the power of banning hero, atlas and kerrie should be banned...
Post time 2020-5-31 07:30 PM | Show all posts
Most kids don't understand the power of team comp.
 Author| Post time 2020-5-31 07:38 PM | Show all posts
izaidi replied at 2020-5-31 05:55 PM
I believe this is a comeback victory. Your team most likely got dominate in the early game because o ...

Nah. Its a close fight. Like i said. Split push is the way of our victory.

They dominate the early games as expected from Carrie and selena. But our team is consist of late-game heroes. Its not a comeback win. We exchange kills and push from early to mid. We lost on one clash and valir defend all lanes on his own until our ressurection.

Post time 2020-5-31 08:31 PM | Show all posts
Split push is an excellent strategy to help win the game when you guys have a disadvantage. In a lot of games, we mostly keep defending the turrets and we do it too long and it takes forever for the game to end. Although, the longner we did it, the less likely we would do a split push because every single action you make from that point affects the game and your teammates. Granger is a meta hero, he is very good. His first skill and ultimate deals a lot of damage, a good hero to use when your teammate has a franco. I think in this case, Granger and Eudora relies highly on Franco’s ultimate because they are close range burst heroes.
Post time 2020-6-1 02:50 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Ncup.Ajh at 2020-6-3 10:18 PM

How do we know what the current meta is? Can I lookup this information somewhere?

Is the meta you listed based on your own opinion?

Is this meta that you explain formed based on your own opinion? In which cdase, opinions may differ between people.

Is there an official meta specification published by Moonton that is based on actual statistics?
Anonymous user  Post time 1970-1-1 08:00 AM
post_deleted
 Author| Post time 2020-6-1 03:01 AM | Show all posts
tupham81 replied at 2020-6-1 02:52 AM
Is this meta that you explain formed based on your own opinion? In which cdase, opinions may differ  ...

Who you are referring to?. Me or that moderator?
Post time 2020-6-1 08:36 AM | Show all posts
tupham81 replied at 2020-6-1 02:50 AM
How do we know what the current meta is? Can I lookup this information somewhere?

Is the meta you  ...

one is the oficial website on the wingsman something. They update monthly i think, dont remember the link, my friend sends it to me all the time. THe other place you can check is top players in YouTube. Like assassin dave.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-10-28 01:47 AM GMT+8