Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 712|Reply: 17
Collapse the left

[Complaint] Sick of the POOR SUPPORT SERVICE

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-5-8 10:40 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Alright, let's dive straight in...when i try to sell my account about 3 weeks ago, a Malaysian Middleman approached me and I believed in those crap he said so I gave him the link to change the email address bound to my moonton account without asking for payment first(he says this is for verification). Then there goes my heavily invested account that I have been playing on for past three years. Now, the account is sold to another guy...

On the day I got scammed, I quickly wrote up an email to mobilelegendsgame@gmail.com explaining my situation and gave a lot of evidence that I'm the actual owner of this account(e.g the date my account is created/recent purchase order no./most used heroes). They did not reply me until four or five days later. But before a reply actually came in, I've gotten all the useless replies that say 'please wait patiently and out devs would get back to you soon'. And so I did, waited patiently, but days went by and no meaningful help is actually rendered by Moonton side. And the most disappointing thing of it all, is that the support staff who is supposed to read my email thoroughly seemed to not have understood what I've gone through and just copied and pasted suggestions that obviously would not help.

Ok, let's recap my situation: my account is scammed and stolen. I no longer have access to my account as the bound email is changed to another one which I don't know. And at the time of dealing with the middleman, I already unbind all my social media so there are no other ways for me to log into my account.

Here's is what the support replied after he or she read my email:

"Hi, glad to be of service.
I'm sorry not been able to deal with your problems in a timely manner.
1. We object to any form of trading behavior, so it is possible to threaten the security of personal information.
2. The game account is bound to a personal device. So even if he removes all the social accounts from the game account, he is still able to log in to the game account normally.
(Of course, there are two ways to clear the device information: 1. Format the device; 2. Switch to other accounts, the original information is covered)
Thank you for your understanding!
I wish you a pleasant game!"

I got this reply days after I contacted them and please tell me how the heck would this be helpful in retrieving my account? Tell me how 'formatting the device' and 'switching to other accounts' would bring my account back???

Of course, to seek further assistance, I quickly replied them via email 10 minutes after I received this reply thru email from them. But to no surprise, they did not reply me any more up to today. It's been 3 weeks since my account was scammed and stolen. For god's sake, Moonton can you do something to help your loyal gamers and give your incompetent team of customer support a little bit of advice on how to reply efficiently?

Since the day I got scammed, I have been sending them one email a day, reminding them my issue is still unresolved. And the automated response that asks me to 'wait patiently' only appears in my inbox a few hours after I send them an email. Funny isn't it, even an automated response would take hours to be sent and that is just the most ridiculous service I have seen thus far.
Post time 2020-5-11 12:34 PM | Show all posts
The threadstarter may have some fault but it’s not enough reason to be rude and be disrespectful. At some point, he had invested real money to build his account. He is not some indonesian hacker that just boosted or hack their way up the rankings with third party programs. He don’t deserve to be treated like one. You guys on the Forum Moderation Team should not coverup the incompetence of the MLBB CS Team. These guys are useless piece of junk. All they do is just collect paycheck but never do their job. We players are paying for their salaries. Without us paying customers they will all end up farming potatoes. Moontoon and MLBB CS team are the WORST CS in the world. Product of China no doubt.
Post time 2020-5-8 06:37 PM | Show all posts
frankthetank_98 replied at 2020-5-8 06:33 PM
If you think I am this myopic to have typed out this long chunk just for the sake of winning an ar ...

Well, it was your fault cause you did not abide by moontoons rules "Trading/buying and selling accounts" that was your mistake and I don't know why you ask for their help while you broke their rule. Cheers!
Post time 2020-5-10 11:03 AM | Show all posts
Selling/Trading issue aside, can you people honestly say that ML's customer service is even okay?

I honestly think, based on personal experience, that their CS is THE absolute worst. I have never encountered customer service worse than Moonton's.

I mean, if OP's circumstances were different, would you have gone and still defended the kind of service he has gotten?

I can name several logical fallacies with the kinds of arguments in this thread: post hoc erg propter hoc, genetic fallacy, ad hominem, red herring...

Let's just admit it... customer service in this game is just plain bad and needs A LOT of improvement
Post time 2020-5-8 12:26 PM | Show all posts
Trading/selling account is prohibited in the first place
Post time 2020-5-8 01:30 PM | Show all posts
@frankthetank_98

Trading/Selling/Buying of accounts/skins/diamonds are strictly prohibited under Moonton's Terms of Service. This violates the clause that states that all intellectual properties belongs to Moonton and Moonton solely. By agreeing to play Mobile Legends Bang Bang, you also agree that these intellectual properties belong to Moonton and as such, you do not have the right to undergo any sort of transaction with them as you do not own them in the first place.

I'm actually surprised that CS did not reprimand or refute your report. So I will do this now and tell you clearly that this is strictly prohibited.

Not only will Moonton not recover your account but attempting to buy/sell/trade any of their intellectual properties also allow them to have full legal rights and powers to sue you in court. And IP laws are real and serious, do not treat them lightly as there has already been instances of game companies suing such users for their actions and the courts complied and issue out a verdict.

Read up about Moonton's Terms of Service and also IP laws.
 Author| Post time 2020-5-8 03:29 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Kathey at 2020-5-29 11:59 PM
CloudDevelic replied at 2020-5-8 01:30 PM
@frankthetank_98

Trading/Selling/Buying of accounts/skins/diamonds are strictly prohibited under Mo ...

Wow, first of all, appreciate your reference to IP law. Please help me define what intellectual properties are in this game in the first place(as if my account is essentially Moonton's property? As if of all the money I've invested, I actually do not have ownership over the skins/diamonds? And that by trading it with people, I have somehow infringed on IP law because my account is deemed as Moonton's property?). You can certainly articulate your thoughts about how I should not be entitled to account recovery using IP law as a defence all day, but what truly disgusts me is people like you who have no sense of sympathy as well as the bunch of 'forever busy' support crew who does not even bother to reply, no matter how unsound my request can be. Forum moderator, wow, lecturing to me in a serious tone about rights of the developer while your forum is already flooded with posts about accounts being hacked? Do not forget if not for loyal gamers like us, you would not even be in this pathetic job of forum moderation.

Plus, I would be surprised too if I actually get a lawsuit charge coming from a company who has been sued before for violating IP laws by blatantly copying another MOBA game a few years back. If I'm not wrong, it was quite a heavy damage to be paid by Moonton?

Just to refresh your memory, here's the news link:
https://esportsobserver.com/tencent-moonton-lawsuit/
 Author| Post time 2020-5-8 03:40 PM | Show all posts
@frankthetank_98

Trading/Selling/Buying of accounts/skins/diamonds are strictly prohibited under Mo ...

And implicitly threatening me with a lawsuit charge by Moonton reflects poorly on your professionalism in the first place. Is this how forum moderator should talk and behave like?

You can give suggestions on how to resolve instead of dismissing it as my fault in entirety. Even if you don't want to help, at least show some sympathy in this situation by saying the customary 'I understand your concern', instead of going into full-on lecture mode as if I'm your student/employee.
 Author| Post time 2020-5-8 03:52 PM | Show all posts
@frankthetank_98

I know I might sound all too demanding in my statements above. But you must understand this frustration stems purely from being ignored by Moonton's support crew for about three weeks. If you have taken a little bit of consideration about my case and tried to put yourself in my shoes, you would have done the same thing.

I admitted that I made a big mistake by trading, but that doesn't give Moonton the excuse to ignore my requests. Even by the terms of use, I should not be given the assistance in account retrieval, at least reach out to me in a timely fashion to discuss the alternatives? And considering I'm earnest in getting my account back(sent god knows how many emails), wouldn't it be nice to help me retrieve my account as it is something very precious to me as a loyal gamer? You, here, mindlessly accused me of what I've done, sure it is an easy job for you, but think about why you signed up as a moderator in the first place. You CARE for people who love this game, and that's why you should go for the extra mile to help when people express their concerns in the forum instead of lazily brushing it away as regulations/terms of use/IP laws even. Sticking to the black and white would work, but it surely doesn't make you a great moderator as you just lack the human touch to solve complicated issues like this.
Post time 2020-5-8 05:26 PM | Show all posts
Unfortunately if we started playing this game we already agreed the terms of service of Moonton.
Sadly according to the terms they do really own our game accounts and we don't, even if we invested a lot of money and time in it, it's only a privilege of using/ playing it.
As for the CS well they suck but we can't really do anything about it but wait for their response.
Post time 2020-5-8 05:52 PM | Show all posts
frankthetank_98 replied at 2020-5-8 03:29 PM
Wow, first of all, appreciate your reference to IP law. Please help me define what intellectual pr ...

Don't use the Fallacy ad hominem in order for you to just to win an argument, lets just place it like this you made a mistake Moontoon did too just learn from it and never do it again. Cheers!
 Author| Post time 2020-5-8 06:33 PM | Show all posts
Blueazkaban replied at 2020-5-8 05:52 PM
Don't use the Fallacy ad hominem in order for you to just to win an argument, lets just place it l ...

If you think I am this myopic to have typed out this long chunk just for the sake of winning an argument here, I think you don’t even deserve to comment here. Can’t you see that I admitted I’m wrong, and this is not in exchange for any considerations, I knew I bore the risk at the beginning and I would not gain the favor from ML if I actually lost my account. But what I’m pointing out is the lack of professionalism in this moderator’s reply and the sloppiness in the way that support crew responded to my request. If you can’t empathize with me, at least don’t add salt to the wound, as if I’m the only one to be blamed here.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-5-30 02:46 PM GMT+8