Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 9674|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

[Query] Mobile Legends DATA and OBB Issues

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-5-2 01:45 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by excaliburn20 at 2020-5-2 01:46 AM

Hello!

No beating around the bush, here's my problem.

Scenario:
I factory reset my phone (Android) and of course, I wanted to have ML installed in it again. So, I wanted to do what I knew I had to do before the factory reset. I back up the Data and Obb file of ML from my File Manager! After the reset, I tried to put the backed up data back to the folder where it would belong. I downloaded the ML App, and run it. And guess what? The newly installed ML App isn't reading the backed up data (The data is so new and updated)! You now know what happened. Yes, it is downloading again the same exact data I put manually on the File Manager. For your reference, you can find and put the DATA in ANDROID>DATA>COM.MOBILE.LEGENDS and the OBB in ANDROID>OBB>COM.MOBILE.LEGENDS.

P.S. I may want to add after tons of things I did to troubleshoot this problem. First, when I opened the newly installed ML, it downloaded new resources, right? What happened within the abyss of my File Manager was not "Overwriting". Instead, it created another folder of COM.MOBILE.LEGENDS 'inside' the COM.MOBILE.LEGENDS that I manually put in! Weird thing is that apps are supposed to read the folders and data as a whole. Weird thing, again, is that the new app is only reading 'that' folder it created 'inside'!

P.P.S. Another troubleshooting I did is to let the newly installed ML to downloaded a few data since it will surely create its own folder of COM.MOBILE.LEGENDS. Afterward, I copy and pasted my backed up data (which was 2.49GB to be exact, for your reference) on the ANDROID folder. Techs would know what will happen. The phone then asked if I wanted to 'Overwrite' the existing folder (The one the new ML made) with the one I pasted in (The 2.49GB back up). Of course, I clicked YES. And voila! An Error occurred stating that "The folder can't be replaced"!

Question:
What the f*** is happening and what did i do wrongly!? Enlighten me guys. I knew there are tons of people there doing this thing so that we wouldn't waste precious limited data on our phones. It might be cute seeing a battlefield full of blue, transparent spheres, but I would like to play it without wasting data again. I'm on a dead-end now guys, any additional troubleshooting tips you can give me? Or perhaps someone here who experienced the same things?

That's it. Thank you.

Post time 2020-5-2 01:52 AM | Show all posts
A few months ago, maybe around 6 months ago, i got no problem pasting my ml data folder into my new phone. Yeah the game still can read it without a problem but even tho i copy pasted it safely, some part of the files got corrupted and cause glitches in the game. Maybe thats why ML is forcing redownload the whole data file to ensure to problem like this ever happen again.

Comments

jesus christ if thats the case, i dont mind downloading few resources to clean up the glitch, but downloading the whole pack of 2GB+ is so...  Post time 2020-5-2 02:16 AM
Post time 2020-5-2 05:18 AM | Show all posts
Make sure u check that ur data is on the same file..ignore obb no need of that..when u started the game a new data file was opend ..so if u copy the old data file the name should be like this [ com.mobileLegends(1) ] if that the case just remove (1) ...tell me if this work

Comments

is the faulty one or there's something underneath my phone making or giving this error  Post time 2020-5-3 06:30 PM
negative. when i copy-pasted the Backed up data into ANDROID folder, it would attempt to replace the newly created folder. In which the phone won't replace. I have now suspected that my phone  Post time 2020-5-3 06:29 PM
Post time 2020-5-7 06:26 PM | Show all posts
ML's file directory has change this recent update, at least for me, and it isn't stored in Readable Storage but is stored in your android's root folder. This makes sense as it would prevent people from Altering Game Files like for example the Drone View Files.

Comments

if that is the case, how can i access that folder and is it the one i needed to prevent me downloading another resources?  Post time 2020-6-3 09:51 PM
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-5-14 10:30 PM GMT+8