Register now.
Author: Anand
Collapse the left

[Hero Balance] Odette Revamp

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 09:40 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Ncup.Ajh at 2020-2-6 07:19 AM
n4n4 replied at 2020-2-5 03:44 AM
"POSITIONING" that is the best word to educate those player saying that odette ulti is easy to can ...
"POSITIONING" that is the best word to educate those player saying that odette ulti is easy to cancel.

Do you think I don't know how to position myself? I m a good Layla player I can even kill many assassin solo using Layla when my farming is good. I can play Odette well even without tank too. The problem is Odette dies easily that too when using her ulti mostly in late game.

I checked you history with Odette. You won 4 out of 5 matches. Look at the number of deaths- 28 in 5 matches resulting in an average death above 5. Only in one match, your death is 2 which is less than average that is because there is no tank in enemy team and you had helcurt support to blind the enemy. In the match you lost, there is no tank in your team.

I heard there is revamp for Freya, Natalia, etc are coming. In future many new heroes will come and existing heroes will be revamped. They all will have stun or a flicker skill to escape from the enemy. This already increased the number of heroes with stun and flicker skill ability in current meta and makes Odette  unusable mage.

Sooner or later she needs an adjustment with her ultimate so her survival rate increases and more people will use Odette.

If I show Odette during draft pick with 500+ matches and 51% win rate my team mates starts bad mouthing and picks troll heroes.

P.S I am a good Johnson driver too. My Johnson has a win rate of 50.2 in 1200+ matches. Follow me so we can play Johnson and Odette combo. I have given friend request my id is Anand_cbe

n4n4 replied at 2020-2-5 08:59 AM
sometimes, heroes are not the problem. but the person that is using them.

i'm not against on giv ...

You can tower dive with Zhask and Alice then why not Odette with nerfed damage ?

If you tower dive with Odette using trucheon, it makes you immune for 2s but ultimate is active for 5s. It takes another 2s to run out of turret. Do you think Odette has enough hp to survive 5s inside tower ?

Regarding ban, does everyone ban Alice in current meta? I know zhask is getting banned because of his full immunity when using ultimate. Zhask is immune without trucheon that is the reason for banning. She will not be banned instead many people will start using Odette. Maybe your teammate will pick Odette before you because Odette can survive a little longer than before.

Compare Zhask and Odette with the proposed revamp, she is still inferior to Zhask.

Compare current Odette with other mages like Kagura, Eudora, Aurora, Kadita, Nana, Valir, Alice, Gord, Vale, Lunox, Harith, etc. Most of them can cancel her ultimate and kill her easily. Others like harley can use flicker skill and escape.

As the meta evolves, she is becoming the Layla of mages because of this instantaneously cancelable ulti. Her ultimate definitely needs a revamp to keep up with other heroes. Otherwise players will stop using her and opt for a better mage

This is applicable for OP heroes too. If you play an OP hero for the first time, you may lose badly.

If you compare Odette with available mages, she is definitely inferior.

My point is contribution of Odette to the team is very less if her ulti is cancelled easily everytime she casts it. Then what is the use of having a hero whose team contribution is very less. This makes her useless to the team. Players will simply choose other mage heroes and eventually she will be forgotten

n4n4 replied at 2020-2-5 08:38 AM
for me purify is useless base on my own experience.
i agree that ultimate is the best asset of ode ...

There is a CD of 6+ seconds for her 1st and 2nd skills with 20% CD reduction. Even with 40% CD her skills need 5s. Her 2s stun saves you for 2s but after that?

Sim0nKey replied at 2020-2-4 10:52 AM
Odette is useless along with layla?

Compare Odette with other mages and look how weak she is.

She needs to cast ulti minimum for 3 seconds to deal high damage. But enemy will stop at 1s and kill her like a bug.

Odette is useless and less players are using her in rank than the previous season. Soon it will reduce more because of her instantaneously cancelable ulti

I request the moderator to confirm the facts about Odette usage in rank after the latest update

jingasenpai replied at 2020-2-4 12:49 PM
If you just implemented what i suggested before that odette will throw the sword and the sword will  ...

This will make Odette the worst nightmare in mobile legends and everyone will ban her. I don't want other players to ban her. Allowing her to use winter trucheon along with ulti alone makes her OP. That's why I am asking to nerf her damage a little while allowing to use winter trucheon
Post time 2020-2-5 01:31 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Sim0nKey at 2020-2-5 01:37 PM
Anand replied at 2020-2-5 11:53 AM
Compare Odette with other mages and look how weak she is.

She needs to cast ulti minimum for 3 se ...

"Compare to other mages" as A mage users, I know which one of them are the weakest. Odette is excluded for being weak.

If you really know how to positioning, then you should learn/memorized the range of her Ultimate. As a Mage users, I simply understand her kit.

There's a lot of main Odette users, I have an experienced to matched them without JS on their team. I considered Odette is one of the Threat if the users really know how to POSITIONING.

P.s I never know Alice is on Ban list on current meta, as far as I remember in this month, she is on the rarest pick on Rank.

Nice try dude, to defend your suggestion.

Post time 2020-2-5 01:47 PM | Show all posts
I actually think Odette is pretty balanced. She deals tons of damage. She just has to have a good team to protect her. Her Ult range is pretty huge. Yes it can be canceled easy but that's kind of the trade off for the damage/rage of her ult. It also reduces damage and slows enemies caught in her ult. Maybe allowing her to use WT with her ult for the 2 second immunity. But they would probably nerf her ult a bit if they enabled WT to work with her ult.
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 02:09 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Ncup.Ajh at 2020-2-6 07:25 AM
taomaster replied at 2020-2-5 01:47 PM
I actually think Odette is pretty balanced. She deals tons of damage. She just has to have a good te ...

tons of damage? really? to who?

balanced mage? then why does she need protection? Look at Kagura, she also deals tons of damage without any protection. Look at Zhask, he can deal tons of damage without protection. Look at Alice, Valir, Pharsa, Aurora, etc.. I can say more

Do you even understand how weak she is?

You need atleast two protection to use the ulti safely. If you take two protection then who will protect the mm?

The reason I am asking for revamp is she is just not up to the mark. She can be killed very easily that is because her ultimate can be cancelled instantaneously the moment she casts her ultimate.

I don't mind nerfing her ultimate damage by 10 to 20 percentage. At present she can deal 10k+ damage with full build in 5s of her ultimate duration. Reducing that to 7k or 8k is no big deal. Alice can deal upto 5k in her full build. She is still better than Alice.

Sim0nKey replied at 2020-2-5 01:31 PM
"Compare to other mages" as A mage users, I know which one of them are the weakest. Odette is exclu ...

What to do with positioning alone? Can you escape from Chou just by positioning? Or evade Minotaur ultimate through positioning? I can say many example.

How many flicker skills does she have to be placed at perfect position? She doesn't have any flicker skill. The flicker spell is used to adjust her position based on running enemies or stunning enemies near you.

Can you give me your list of weak mages? I will place Odette among the top 5

Do you think I can't position well and that is the reason I am asking for revamp? I mean do you know how many stuns are there and the difference between direction based stun and enemy based stun? Does her positioning save you from enemy based stun?

Can you check the stats that how many players are using Odette in this season after new update? It is reducing drastically. The least played mages are Eudora, Vexana, Karina, Silvanna and Odette. She already entered the least using mage. Soon she will overtake Eudora because of her cancelable ultimate.

Players will just choose a better mage like Pharsa, Aurora, Kagura, etc

I suggest you to play 10 matches in solo rank and let me know your ID. We can discuss how useful she was in each game and decide whether she is useful or not. Remember solo rank so don't play as team

FYI, Alice is used and wins more than Odette in current season. Because many players are not using her like before. The game is changing but many people don't want to accept the change

The stats can be found in the link https://m.mobilelegends.com/en/rank

It looks like Odette is popular than Alice. But her win rate is 0.6 percent less than the win rate of Alice in ranked games of current month.

Her popularity and win rate is decreasing this month compared to her all time stats in rank mode. With the arrival of new heroes and revamps it may go down further.
Post time 2020-2-5 02:58 PM | Show all posts
Yes, you can't do a positioning, most odette users, they used flicker to dodge the incoming crowdcontrol, most of CCs are skill shot, only few heroes who have Locked CCs.

Why bothered to chou and the other heroes if you have a team on teamfights? Do you used Odette as initiator? are you always on frontline when you are using odette? Do you always do 1 v 5?

Eh? 5hero mages  weak list? I only knew is 3, those mages can't execute their opponents alone, or without a proper build, spell, and gameplay. Those are:

Alice
Cyclopes
Eudora.

Odette is not part of them, because she can do a surprised attack on bush.
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 03:07 PM | Show all posts
Sim0nKey replied at 2020-2-5 02:58 PM
Yes, you can't do a positioning, most odette users, they used flicker to dodge the incoming crowdcon ...

Alice is not weak, you can turret dive and deal damage and come back safely without much damage.

Eudora is underrated. She can kill enemy mm, mage or assassin in one shot without any help or protection

Cyclops, well I haven't used him yet

I have surprised many by hiding in bush. The problem is if enemy hero is solo, this trick might work otherwise it is surprise for Odette

Do you accept the challenge playing 10 matches solo in rank and decide how useful she is? Many people talk like they know everything but they just don't  understand the practical difficulties
Post time 2020-2-5 03:12 PM | Show all posts
I Have an Idea.. If her ultimate got canceled halfway.. retain the DAMAGE REDUCTION for the duration of the ultimate.. This will let her tank up and still contribute without her ultimate.. This is a reasonable buff.. if her ultimate got cancel she is tanky and can use other skills to damage for the teamfight... Make her ulti interruptible but not the buff she got from her ultimate..
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 03:21 PM | Show all posts
brontokbro replied at 2020-2-5 03:12 PM
I Have an Idea.. If her ultimate got canceled halfway.. retain the DAMAGE REDUCTION for the duration ...

Nice idea. It may give her a chance to use 2nd skill and escape from enemies
Post time 2020-2-5 06:00 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Sim0nKey at 2020-2-5 06:07 PM
Anand replied at 2020-2-5 03:07 PM
Alice is not weak, you can turret dive and deal damage and come back safely without much damage.

Ofc, they are not weak, if the users/players know how to PROPER build, gameplay on them. In short, if players is too good.

When I said weak, I based it on their Damage, their skill damage are low, thats why, those 3 mages, needs Lightning Truncheon, Clock of destiny and calamity reaper to maximized their damage.
Ps. I dont need to accept your challenge, because she is not a useless or weak, the strength of heroes are always based on the users.
Post time 2020-2-5 06:10 PM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2020-2-5 02:09 PM
tons of damage? really? to who?

balanced mage? then why does she need protection? Look at Kagura ...

Some heroes work better with team comp, and some heroes work better without a full team to back them up. Odette is a hero that works better with a team around her. Just like Eudora or Vale etc. you're not going to dive into the middle of a fight with them with no support.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-9-30 12:19 PM GMT+8