Forgot password?
 Register now.
Author: Anand
Collapse the left

[Hero Balance] Odette Revamp

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-2-4 11:51 PM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2020-2-4 09:02 AM
Nerfing ultimate damage and giving cc immunity when using ultimate sounds like Alice.

I think Cla ...

i agree with both suggestions. it will be submitted to the official. thanks.
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 12:48 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Ncup.Ajh at 2020-2-6 07:10 AM
BD007 replied at 2020-2-4 11:51 PM
i agree with both suggestions. it will be submitted to the official. thanks.

Thank you very much

Kathey replied at 2020-2-4 08:30 PM
Odette is fine to me, I have a 65% winrate. I think if you gave her this biff, she would be even mor ...

With introduction of new jungle monsters it is very easy to farm for mm, fighter and assassin than before. Most fighters have a stun skill, they will stop and kill Odette very easily.

MM like Moskov, bruno, Lesley can stop your ulti and deal damage. Though most bruno and lesley players runaway instead of fighting her back.

Most mages can stun and stop Odette ulti very easily. Also many players use the spell flameshot which can knock up Odette and stop her ulti

I can think of only two situations where her ultimate is useful.

1. Johnson hits a enemy clearing the lanes solo with Odette
2. When Odette is using her ulti tank and fighters should attack the enemy and protect her from stun

First situation works out in early game against solo players. But in mid-game or late-game enemy is aware of Johnson and Johnson always misses or hits tank

Second situation is for 3 or 5 member team not for solo rank. In solo rank, players keep farming and don't join team fight. They simply don't care about other players or team and go for kills.

The main problem with Odette is her ulti is the only source of burst damage but it can be cancelled very easily.

Odette can solo kill heroes without stun using her ulti. Even heroes like Sun, Gusion, Hayabusa, karina, etc can be killed by Odette ulti in solo fights.

But in team fight, Odette will always be left behind and killed by enemy very easily. If you play carefully without dying, enemy will kill your teammates and come for you then game over.

At present, I am using 2 to 3 defense items for Odette but this reduces her damage and enemy can easily move in and out of her ultimate. Still this is not enough because my tank will run away and let me die. Also CD of her skills is very long so it is hard to escape after enemy stuns you

Practically in solo rank, it is very difficult to play Odette because of the trolls. Many times there will be no tank. Adding this to her cancelable ulti makes her really useless in solo rank.
Post time 2020-2-5 03:39 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Ncup.Ajh at 2020-2-6 07:11 AM

oh please! dont touch ODETTE!

i see that majority only talks about her ulti and cc? that's the reason why they didn't know the full potential of ODETTE. guys, are you not aware on her passive? if you play odette and rely only on her ulti you will be automatically useless if you get cancelled.

i don't want to explain her passive, look for your self. i only suggest when using her skills. pls always followed a normal attack.

heroes hiding on their tower are the usual victim.
clearing waves is so easy.

again. please don't touch her. hahahahaha

Sim0nKey replied at 2020-2-4 10:52 AM
Odette is useless along with layla?

"POSITIONING" that is the best word to educate those player saying that odette ulti is easy to cancel.

knowing the enemy skill that can cancelled your ulti is a must. 1 thing that annoyed me when using odette is that flame shot fvck that cd hahahaha but i can manage. as long as there are initiator.

salute brotha
Post time 2020-2-5 03:54 AM | Show all posts
Edited by koken at 2020-2-5 03:58 AM

Odette's issue is not Odette herself but the current meta and the huge ammount of OP heroes with both unlimited damage and mobility (Ling, Wanwan, Helcurt, Selena, Gusion, Granger, Harley, etc etc). The game went from having heroes with high mobility but which required high skill in exchange, to a nonsense thing full of OP braindead heroes even a baby could use. And there's where heroes which supposed to be squishy but powerful have no chance to survive. That being said I think she's fine as she is but sadly she requires bodyguards to shine.
Post time 2020-2-5 04:31 AM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2020-2-5 01:27 AM
With introduction of new jungle monsters it is very easy to farm for mm, fighter and assassin than ...

I haven't really gotten that happened in my gameplay. You know, for most, the strategy is to simply hide in the bushes and whatever marksman and fighter can't even react to your ultimate in time before they get eliminated. It's pretty clear that there's a lot of people would be scared of Odette except tanks. I usually join team fights in the end, I normally wouldn't start a team fight. I have used Odette ultimate and gotten 4 kill before. I solo rank all of the time and I can find players who can support my Odette and protect. I typically wouldn't use Odette if you can't get a Johnson or Minotaur. I'm not sure why do you even need defense items on Odette, just focus on her damage. I think you should be more verbal to your tank, I always tell my tank to follow me and don't follow marksman, especially late game.
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 06:45 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Ncup.Ajh at 2020-2-6 07:13 AM
Kathey replied at 2020-2-5 04:31 AM
I haven't really gotten that happened in my gameplay. You know, for most, the strategy is to simpl ...

I know the hide in the bush srategy. It looks like your opponents are solo players. Normally one or two tanks roam with mm. They will stun and kill you thats what happening in legend and mythic

Regarding the defense items, my team mates are trolls. They don't join team fight. They will farm and die. I need the defense items to increase the survival rate. Staying alive is crucial in late game.

Sometimes there will be no tank. My teammates will swipe me after seeing my matches and win rate. After that they will not pick tank or an inexperienced tank. I have no choice but to rely on defense items in current meta.

koken replied at 2020-2-5 03:54 AM
Odette's issue is not Odette herself but the current meta and the huge ammount of OP heroes with bot ...

How can I get bodyguards in solo rank?

Be practical. Odette is not usable anymore because of her cancelable ulti. She definitely needs a revamp. Survival is crucial in late game where she is useless now. Enemy kills her like a bug.
Post time 2020-2-5 07:17 AM | Show all posts
n4n4 replied at 2020-2-5 03:39 AM

i see that majority only talks about her ulti and cc? that's the reas ...

her passive is enhanced in ultimate and that is the key.

when encounter, to max the damage, you need to quickly cast 1st, 2end skill  and then use ultimate.
in ultimate, the passive will bounce about 8 times and last around 2-3 seconds.

so it means if you ultimate cannot channelling for 3 seconds, you lose most of your damage.
that why purify is important.

but purify only last protect you for 1 sec. clearly that is not enough.
Post time 2020-2-5 08:38 AM | Show all posts
lishi500 replied at 2020-2-5 07:17 AM
her passive is enhanced in ultimate and that is the key.

when encounter, to max the damage, you n ...

for me purify is useless base on my own experience.
i agree that ultimate is the best asset of odette, but playing her for this season makes me realize that if i play odette even if i don't have ulti at those moment, i can make her useful.
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 08:40 AM | Show all posts
n4n4 replied at 2020-2-5 03:39 AM

i see that majority only talks about her ulti and cc? that's the reas ...

Are you serious that we don't know about her skills and passive?

The main reason for my revamp request is there is a big flaw in her ulti which can be cancelled instantaneously.

Her ulti can be cancelled at the moment of using it. It is unfair that

The meta is changing continuously and heroes should be revamped accordingly to make it more interesting. Otherwise the hero will be forgotten and boring because of their uselessness.

What I am asking is not a full revamp of Odette. I just want to do justice to her cancelable ulti. Just making winter trucheon skill work will let her use ulti without getting cancelled for 2s is enough for most players. Nerfing her ulti damage by 10 to 20 percent is no big deal.
Post time 2020-2-5 08:59 AM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2020-2-5 08:40 AM
Are you serious that we don't know about her skills and passive?

The main reason for my revamp re ...

sometimes, heroes are not the problem. but the person that is using them.

i'm not against on giving her ulti's favorable changes. because if that happen, i'm sure i can tower dive using ulti + truncheon. what i against is, the upcoming changes. many will use her, maybe she will nominated for most ban hero. and that reason makes her unavailable to play.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-9-24 04:09 AM GMT+8