Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 774|Reply: 44
Collapse the left

[Hero Balance] Odette Revamp

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-2-4 05:11 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by DennisST at 2020-2-6 05:19 PM

Once upon a time Odette used to dominate the game along with Johnson. But now Odette is not useful anymore and Odette is a useless hero.
Because of many heroes having stun odette became useless. Minimum 3 out of 5 enemy players have stun and stop Odette ulti very easily.

Either buff Odette or remove Odette from the game. There is no point in having a useless hero. Now Odette is similar to Layla, the only difference is Layla is a useless marksman whereas Odette is a useless mage.

I recommend giving her immunity for 2s if her ultimate is interrupted by the enemies. This will save her from dying like a bug.

Nerfing ultimate damage and giving cc immunity when using ultimate sounds like Alice.

Option #1: Damage nerfing is fine. When ulti is interrupted, make her immune to cc and debuff for 2s, allowing her to escape

Option #2: Damage nerfing is fine. Allow her to use "Winter Trucheon" skill when using ultimate like Alice so she will be immune as per winter trucheon skill description

Reduce cool down of her first and second skill. Especially her second skill CD. Even with max CD reduction of 40% her first skill takes 4.8s and second skill takes 5.1s. Skills are the only means of fighting for mage.

An average user plays with 20% CD reduction. First skill takes 6.4s and second skill takes 6.8s to cool down.

If the cool down time is very long, how can we use her. Maybe reducing her cool down might make her useful.

It would be great if CD of her first and second skill is reduced by 1s in advanced server. Based on feedback we can make her a good mage
Post time 2020-2-5 03:12 PM | Show all posts
I Have an Idea.. If her ultimate got canceled halfway.. retain the DAMAGE REDUCTION for the duration of the ultimate.. This will let her tank up and still contribute without her ultimate.. This is a reasonable buff.. if her ultimate got cancel she is tanky and can use other skills to damage for the teamfight... Make her ulti interruptible but not the buff she got from her ultimate..
Post time 2020-2-5 01:47 PM | Show all posts
I actually think Odette is pretty balanced. She deals tons of damage. She just has to have a good team to protect her. Her Ult range is pretty huge. Yes it can be canceled easy but that's kind of the trade off for the damage/rage of her ult. It also reduces damage and slows enemies caught in her ult. Maybe allowing her to use WT with her ult for the 2 second immunity. But they would probably nerf her ult a bit if they enabled WT to work with her ult.
Post time 2020-2-4 08:30 PM | Show all posts
Odette is fine to me, I have a 65% winrate. I think if you gave her this biff, she would be even more OP. Even though I’m just sad not having her lucky box skin. I think when she deals damage from her ultimate, in every 0.5 seconds, enemy within the ultimate range would be dealt damage to, I think perhaps this might needs to be faster. Even though she is very vulnerable to CC skills, I think the only way to counter that is to either give her immunity to her ultimate or make it 0.3 seconds everytime enemies within her ultimate would be dealt damage to.
Post time 2020-2-4 05:26 PM | Show all posts
Odette are balance in my opinion, what make her useless is when her ultimate can easy to cancel, and giving 2 seconds is bit OP as her ultimate already damage reduction, wide area effect, and damage.
Post time 2020-2-4 01:51 PM | Show all posts
It is true that a lot of heroes has stun. In higher rank, it is really hard to cast a full ultimate.
Her ultimate damage is very high, but also put a mage into dangerous position.
Pharsa also has similar skill set, but Pharse's ultimate range is super high, and she can transfer to a bird which give she a good chance to escape from team fight.

I d say, give odette's ultimate 1s CC immunity is a fair change.
Here is some reasons: When i found there a lot of CC in enemy team, i will choose purify.
but there are many time, i try to use ultimate and purify at same time (ulti -> purify). i got stunned before my finger touch the purify skill. both ultimate and purify are wasted.
and most of that kind of stun was not aiming for Odette.
1 second CC immunity can give her change to fight back, and give some reaction time to use purify.

Post time 2020-2-6 01:45 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Ncup.Ajh at 2020-2-6 07:28 AM
Anand replied at 2020-2-5 09:40 AM
Do you think I don't know how to position myself? I m a good Layla player I can even kill many a ...

i had many deaths because when my ulti is ready i will definitely find a clash, high chance of death but as long as i can help the team i'm okay with that. because i see/feel the impact i made that can cause additional chances of winning.

toxic players will automatically troll when you show non meta hero to pick.
been there done that. the best feeling about that is when they shut their system when they see how you play.
as of now, when i play my main and try to pick odette. i show my MMR 3000+ rather than my match/wr 100+/60+ and notice that sometimes they switch me instead of trolling the game.

i can play with you, but does our server compatible? btw im at philippines and rarely play my main because i play my friends account when i'm with them. and when i'm solo i play magic chess, i only pay attention on my main account when the game start for a new season. i will accept you later i will open my main

Anand replied at 2020-2-5 10:17 AM
You can tower dive with Zhask and Alice then why not Odette with nerfed damage ?

If you tower div ...

would you click right away the truncheon at the beginning of your dive?  proper use of the item needs a timing. and most of the time you wouldn't also dive when your hp is low right? then i assume that your full hp bar can hold until your ulti is finish. your death will be compromise if you execute tower diving successfully.

yeah, many mage heroes has the advantage compare to her but not all the time because that advantage will be seen if the player that are using those heroes are good at it.

peace

Anand replied at 2020-2-5 10:25 AM
This is applicable for OP heroes too. If you play an OP hero for the first time, you may lose ba ...

"Then what is the use of having a hero whose team contribution is very less"

contribution of the heroes for team cannot be calculated by their skills/abilities but by the skills/abilities of the player who play that hero. many heroes specially the old one known as useless, if only every one see the main player of that heroes play them on their full potential. maybe their low mindset will be change.

peace.

Anand replied at 2020-2-5 12:08 PM
There is a CD of 6+ seconds for her 1st and 2nd skills with 20% CD reduction. Even with 40% CD her ...

2s is enough for me because i didn't usually use it to run. i usually use it to kill hahahaha...
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 03:21 PM | Show all posts
brontokbro replied at 2020-2-5 03:12 PM
I Have an Idea.. If her ultimate got canceled halfway.. retain the DAMAGE REDUCTION for the duration ...

Nice idea. It may give her a chance to use 2nd skill and escape from enemies
Post time 2020-2-5 07:07 PM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2020-2-5 06:45 AM
I know the hide in the bush srategy. It looks like your opponents are solo players. Normally one o ...

Normally, I don’t see any tanks. Perhaps you’re playing Mythic? I had also hardly seen tanks while mythic as well. Perhaps it’s just in my region, no one hardly play tanks. I only know a few people who plays tank. I know that Marksmans normally farm and between late game, when they’re comfortable farming without tanks, I could easily get them with Odette. And also do check out my guide for Odette. I play Odette as well.
 Author| Post time 2020-2-5 03:07 PM | Show all posts
Sim0nKey replied at 2020-2-5 02:58 PM
Yes, you can't do a positioning, most odette users, they used flicker to dodge the incoming crowdcon ...

Alice is not weak, you can turret dive and deal damage and come back safely without much damage.

Eudora is underrated. She can kill enemy mm, mage or assassin in one shot without any help or protection

Cyclops, well I haven't used him yet

I have surprised many by hiding in bush. The problem is if enemy hero is solo, this trick might work otherwise it is surprise for Odette

Do you accept the challenge playing 10 matches solo in rank and decide how useful she is? Many people talk like they know everything but they just don't  understand the practical difficulties
Post time 2020-2-5 03:54 AM | Show all posts
Edited by koken at 2020-2-5 03:58 AM

Odette's issue is not Odette herself but the current meta and the huge ammount of OP heroes with both unlimited damage and mobility (Ling, Wanwan, Helcurt, Selena, Gusion, Granger, Harley, etc etc). The game went from having heroes with high mobility but which required high skill in exchange, to a nonsense thing full of OP braindead heroes even a baby could use. And there's where heroes which supposed to be squishy but powerful have no chance to survive. That being said I think she's fine as she is but sadly she requires bodyguards to shine.
Post time 2020-2-4 07:42 AM | Show all posts
giving her absolute immunity as a bit much. giving her 2 second immunity also a bit odd. Either give her total or no cc immunity at all. i suggest nerfing her ultimate damage and giving her cc immunity when she using ultimate. Or do not nerf her damage and give her semi immunity like claude ultimate. How about that
?
 Author| Post time 2020-2-4 09:02 AM | Show all posts
BD007 replied at 2020-2-4 07:42 AM
giving her absolute immunity as a bit much. giving her 2 second immunity also a bit odd. Either give ...

Nerfing ultimate damage and giving cc immunity when using ultimate sounds like Alice.

I think Claude is not immune to CC when using his ultimate. I can see in description his ultimate generates a shield. Odette already enjoys damage reduction when using ulti.

Option #1: Damage nerfing is fine. When ulti is interrupted, make her immune to cc and debuff for 2s, allowing her to escape

Option #2: Damage nerfing is fine. Allow her to use "Winter Trucheon" skill when using ultimate like Alice so she will be immune as per winter trucheon skill description

Reduce cool down of her first and second skill. Especially her second skill CD. Even with max CD reduction of 40% her first skill takes 4.8s and second skill takes 5.1s. Skills are the only means of fighting for mage.

An average user plays with 20% CD reduction. First skill takes 6.4s and second skill takes 6.8s to cool down.

If the cool down time is very long, how can we use her. Maybe reducing her cool down might make her useful.

It would be great if CD of her first and second skill is reduced by 1s in advanced server. Based on feedback we can make her a good mage
Post time 2020-2-4 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Sim0nKey at 2020-2-4 11:02 AM

Odette is useless along with layla?

Correction, Layla is a burst type marksman, her skills can eliminate in early game. If you can't do that, then there's a problem on you.

Odette is not a useless mage, she is more like a mage need a proper "Positioning" when it comes to teamfight. Her skill damage are pretty high. If you are always bother to get stunned or canceled when you're using her ulti, then you used her in a wrong way.

I don't think, odette needs another buff, her damage is already high, her AoE are too wide, when it comes to CC, she have 2, and she also have dmg reduction when she using her ultimate. and she still useless for you?

Ps. I agreed Layla needs buff, but she is not useless.

Post time 2020-2-4 12:41 PM | Show all posts
Just allow that the use of winter truncheon does not interrupt her ulti while she is using her ulti and odette will be perfect. I do not think she needs other buff.
Post time 2020-2-4 12:49 PM | Show all posts
If you just implemented what i suggested before that odette will throw the sword and the sword will be the center of the ultimate and odette is free to move while the sword continue to channel the spell also even when odette is cc'ed the sword that channels the spells continue till its duration odette can free cast the skill. Consider zhask ultimate where everyone dissasemble or run away that should be done to oddette ultimate
Post time 2020-2-4 05:26 PM | Show all posts
Odette is fine in my server (SEA). She isn't in the meta but she is more frequently pick than Aurora and Vexana.
Making her immune to cc might make her op I think and resulting a nerf in her damage and resulting a lesser pick for her.
I think what she truly need is to be able to activate winter truncheon during ulti.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-2-28 06:07 PM GMT+8