Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 1113|Reply: 6
Collapse the left

[Crashing] Crashing & Crashing IOS - IPad Air

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-1-15 11:24 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hello all the game crashes after each game 100% of the time, and during each game about 50% of the time. I have dropped from legend rank to Epic because of the constant crashes.

I am using an Ipad air which I understand is below the minimum suggested specs, but this problem just only started sometime in December 2019.

I have deleted cache, restarted Ipad multiple times, reinstalled game. I have also installed on a fresh Ipad that I had and it still crashes. I have also disabled text chat, voice chat, also all sound effects and music to try and minimize ram.

Please understand:
I Do not care about any animations whatsoever.
I do not care about any character voicelines
I do not care about any fancy maps
I do not care if my characters look like polygon figures.

I understand your advice is to upgrade device but like I said it was working fine just up until one of the most recent updates 1 or 2 months ago. I understand 1 user is not important but for me this will be a determining factor in staying or switching to Wild Rift once available as it is advertised as compatible.

Please make a minimal version of the game where we can disable all extra animations and features and just have a bare basic functionality of the game that uses minimal resources. In total Ive spent about $50 in this game which is no big deal because it has given me value and I like to support the creators.

Post time 2020-1-16 12:16 AM | Show all posts
Hello!
in the options you can change the graphics of the game, put it on smooth, medium, high depended on your device's capabilities, further you can change the map ingame when you are in lobby (theres a button right in the bottom) which allows you to swap to a non HD map.

if you need more assistance please reply back and ill help you further

anyway i hope this helped
 Author| Post time 2020-1-16 12:46 AM | Show all posts
IZxCOLD replied at 2020-1-16 12:16 AM
Hello!
in the options you can change the graphics of the game, put it on smooth, medium, high depend ...

thank you for replying. I forgot to mention in last post I do have it in the lowest graphics settings and have tried each map as well including the "recommended" map.

Ive also tried doing the "performance" test and the "resources" test (I forgot the exact names) in the settings but the only thing I get is a "performance test complete" with no errors or anything that states device isnt compatible.
Post time 2020-1-16 06:49 PM | Show all posts
Ipad air released on 2013. And the soc is apple A7. Which is also used on iphone 5s. Your device has 1gb of ram also. Iphone 5s is already outdated for mlbb version 2.0.
If you still want to play. I suggest you to lower your graphics setting(lowest if possible), and turn off all the graphics settings. Like no hd, no high frame rate, no shadow etc etc.
Also clear some storage from your device and try to play again.
Post time 2020-1-17 10:54 PM | Show all posts
chanito1 replied at 2020-1-16 12:46 AM
thank you for replying. I forgot to mention in last post I do have it in the lowest graphics setti ...

does lowering the graphical setting at least better the ingame performance or no slight diffrence at all?
 Author| Post time 2020-1-18 12:09 AM | Show all posts
Edited by chanito1 at 2020-1-18 12:11 AM
IZxCOLD replied at 2020-1-17 10:54 PM
does lowering the graphical setting at least better the ingame performance or no slight diffrence  ...

No it does not seem to help.

Im still trying to figure out how or what is causing it. From what I have gathered:

It seems longer games are the ones likely to crash. If its a short 10 or 15 min game it wont crash. (still crashes after the victory screen). Games lasting 20 minutes or so increase chances of crashing in game.

It seems when lord is called the chances of crashing are higher. (still crashes after the victory screen)

It seems if I use text chat to type stuff it increases chances of crashing. (still crashes after the victory screen)

If i reset Ipad to clear cache and clear the in game cache it will sometimes go 1 or 2 games without crashing during game, but does crash after game.

I guess it is likely a ram issue where it gets overloaded the more time you spend on the game. It could even be the ipad itself forcing the game to close due to ram abuse, or cache getting full, or the ipad internal temperature overheating and forcing app to close (it starts feeling warmer after

Post time 2020-1-18 04:19 AM | Show all posts
chanito1 replied at 2020-1-18 12:09 AM
No it does not seem to help.

Im still trying to figure out how or what is causing it. From what I ...

Then i assume that indeed the device isn’t compitable anymore with the game, but 1 thing you could do is maybe close all active apps that are running in the background while playing
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-9-30 01:59 AM GMT+8