Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 919|Reply: 4
Collapse the left

[Team Tactics] push / wave mechanics

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2019-12-19 10:02 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
So i'd like to talk about something which I don't see a lot of players do properly within the game. And that is minion wave management.
So many players don't really utilize this properly and I'd like to explain the 3 different wave techniques you can utilize.

SlowPushing
FastPushing
Freeze the wave

First, this is critical knowledge, about minion waves:
A wave usually consists of 2 melee minions and 1 ranged minion.
The first wave comes at 10s and the next come every 30s
until the 4-minute marker where instead of 2 melees and 1 ranged, the new minion waves have 1 melee, 1 ranged and 1 cannon minion!

SlowPushing

This is specifically very handy when you're in mid to late-game and teamfights are happening. How often did you get into a teamfight 5v5 but one or both of your sidewaves was pushed or getting pushed because of more enemy minions and you'd be forced to break off to save those sidelane turrets?
When you slowpush, you don't just clear the wave. As we know mid-game this wave will be 1 melee, 1 ranged and 1 cannon. So once you've cleared the pushing lane, you'll essentially have an empty lane now or your minions die at their turret. Upon the next wave of clashing minions, you kill only the melee, possibly the ranged and leave the cannon alive. This means your wave is fortified with a new wave and slowly pushes to their tower without any hero interference. This means technically on the minimap the lane is not pushed yet, so you can freely go back to your team and initiate a teamfight while your sidelanes are being pushed by your minions. Which will cause the enemy team to panic having to "clear up lanes". Often you'll see them just clear the lane and go right back causing it to clash and reset back in the middle. Utilize this well and you'll always put pressure on your enemies while being in a solid 5man teamfight. This tactics is especially handy when you don't have an amazing solopusher in your team such as masha.

FastPushing

Basically your standard fastpushing tactics. kill as many minions as fast as you can. Handy if you are the splitpusher or too far away from the teamfight to be of ay use. Just take them turrets!

Freeze the wave

Really handy early/mid game if you're behind. You take a tit-for-tat approach so the wave neither advances nor retreats. If an enemy player takes a siege minion out, you do the same thing. One caveat is that if the wave is closer to your base, it will eventually push forward because your minions arrive first. It's great to keep it closer to your base so you're less exposed to ganks and safely under your turret.
If you want to freeze properly, you need the enemy minions to outnumber yours.

Post time 2019-12-21 05:53 PM | Show all posts
Roofpigeon replied at 2019-12-19 11:47 PM
Thanks @BD007 for the highlight :) i sincerely hope this reached people and they start implementin ...

You are most welcome. We do appreciate those are really doing some work and help other forum users. Thanks
 Author| Post time 2019-12-19 11:47 PM | Show all posts
BD007 replied at 2019-12-19 11:40 PM
Superb tactics and beautiful guide. Most of the players don't know this including me. Thanks a lot f ...

Thanks @BD007 for the highlight :) i sincerely hope this reached people and they start implementing it. So often i find the fastpushing to be the only thing people do or just clear and leave.. resetting the lane. There's so much with waves you can do to influence the game :)
Post time 2019-12-19 11:40 PM | Show all posts
Superb tactics and beautiful guide. Most of the players don't know this including me. Thanks a lot for sharing this guide with us.
Post time 2019-12-20 12:21 PM | Show all posts
great tactics ..didn't gave a thought pushing can be done like this too, i am definitely goona give a try of all tactics above. Thanks for sharing this guide with us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-1-18 10:48 PM GMT+8