Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 1157|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Item Balance] New defensive item to counter true damage.

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2019-10-31 12:27 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Name: Phantom's Bulwark.

Stats: 780 HP. 45 Points of Armor. 8 points of Movement Speed.

Unique Passive - Wall of Apparition: When taking the first true damage, the next amount of true damage will be reduced by 10%. Last 4s with a built in cooldown of 10s.
Unique Passive - Revenant Dust: When Wall of Apparition is activated, your Movement is increased by 5% for a brief 1.2s. You'll also gain a brief immunity to slows for a brief 1.2s.
Post time 2019-10-31 01:03 AM | Show all posts
I would really love to see an item like this on the game. I can only think of Irithel and her insane damage right now..I think it could be really useful against her (and not just her).
I support your suggestion, don't forget to also submit it to customer service ingame

Comments

Well, when i read your thread, that was exactly what came into my mind. True damage marksmen..which is very hard to handle once they get to late game..  Post time 2019-10-31 01:15 AM
This item was intended to counter the infamous Thunderbelt and Endless Battle. Who knows. It may just be a great counter to Marksman. Thanks!  Post time 2019-10-31 01:11 AM
Post time 2019-10-31 09:28 AM | Show all posts
I'm glad with new item suggestion.. But bruhh.. True damage is true damage.. It has no counter.. If it has a counter, it can't be called true damage..

Phy. Dmg can be countered by Phy. Def items
Magic Dmg can be countered by Magic Res items
Crit. Dmg can be countered by Crit. Resist items

True dmg is above all of them. But it doesn't mean true dmg is superior. Don't get me wrong, sometimes crit. dmg deals higher dmg than true dmg. So it's not really a big deal.

If I need a new item, I prefer to add new items that can reduce crit.dmg and phy/magic penetration. You know most dps heroes can melt tanks through penetration and burst crit.dmg.

Author| Post time 2019-10-31 10:32 AM | Show all posts
titan666 replied at 2019-10-31 09:28 AM
I'm glad with new item suggestion.. But bruhh.. True damage is true damage.. It has no counter.. If  ...

Yes, true damage is true damage. But in Mobile Legends, true damage simply scale too well. There also a increasing amount of heroes who deal true damage or HP percentage damage. With mass amount of ways to dealing true damage, I think (especially us tank mains) we need some way to defend ourselves.

Phantom's Bulwark only reduces true damage by a mere 10%. It's not removing true damage completely, just reducing its damage. The true damage is still there, penetrating through our defenses.

Having just one item to counter true damage wouldn't hurt. If you're afraid that this item will render true damage distinction, then maybe increase the cool down to 30s. This will keep players (even worst, other roles) from abusing the item.

If a counter item sounds unorthodox, then I suggest Moonton to tone down the scaling given by some (not all) true damage heroes.

Definitely agree with you on the latter. We need more tank items with CDR, Movement Speed, Crit reduction, Magic defense, Penetration reduction, and the highly requested resilience. Most of the current tank items are boring, only adding up defenses. With modified new items, we'll have a much more diverse way of counter building.
Post time 2019-10-31 01:07 PM | Show all posts
If true damage can be counter, it won't be called true damage right?
I know u got an item idea but true damage shouldn't have damage reduction counter. Maybe, change your item passive to like gain shield equivalent to true damage received for the next 3 sec look better.
 Author| Post time 2019-10-31 02:34 PM | Show all posts
AZNUR replied at 2019-10-31 01:07 PM
If true damage can be counter, it won't be called true damage right?
I know u got an item idea but t ...

Like I stated. Instead of a item, nerfing the true damage scaling of some heroes/items sounds like a great alternative.

Like your suggestion! We need more tank items that gives shield other then Athena Shield. Especially a physical version.
Post time 2019-10-31 04:13 PM | Show all posts
10 true damage reduction is not a bit low? Also it does not stack too. I think 10% with maximum 5 times stack would be nice. Just my personal opinion. But thanks a lot for sharing this suggestion with us.
Post time 2019-11-1 02:46 PM | Show all posts
@ExternalChamp77

I think the main issue is with the new tier 3 physical item. It's so good that everyone is abusing it.

I think we need a nerf on true damage, but definitely no counter item please because then it would just be another typical damage like physical or magic. That was the whole point of true damage itself.
Post time 2019-11-1 08:07 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
If moneytoon ever release this , this is going to be nice counter to toxic xborg , undefeatable harith , karrie , and lesley , and who knows it might counter true damage build granger too all toxic overpowered hero nerfed at once .

But the cons of this idea is that it means this suggestion is simply a nerf to clint , rafaela , and lunox these hero is already quite underrated in current meta
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-11-25 04:19 PM GMT+8