Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 1330|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Ranking Tips] Practical guide to effective gaming

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2019-10-15 08:56 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by AnnaStrasza at 2019-10-16 08:20 PM

Hi folks..
Since we all experience "not so good" moments from time to time while playing this game, I thought I will collect and document few things I have been doing over the a period of time to help me get through/survive MLBB.
This is mainly applicable for ranked but could work in any player vs player mode.

Prepartion phase:
1) Find a comforable place to play the game. Avoid crapped or loud environment as this will cause distraction and prevent you from focuing on the objective. I always try to find that "sweet" spot on the sofa or the bedroom.
2) keep your Mobile device fully charged or charged enough, and preferably with a headphone set. This helps to not only avoid you to not lose power during a game and headphones so you can focus clearly (avoid background noises).
3) this one is obvious. Don't play when you are already stressed with something important on your mind. This is a big one IMO. Games can be a stress reliever but if the problem you have going on is overtaking the game's objective then its not going to help.
4) Have something to drink next to you when you are playing. Could be a cup of cold water or Coke or whatever is your fav drink of choice. I usually have some iced tea, or cup of medium strong coffee or masala chai. Love chai.
5) This is an interesting one and is related to point #2. Wear comformtable clothes during gaming. You don't want to feel restricted with tight clothing. Just lounge in your t-shirt and shorts or pjs lol.

Now getting into the actual game portion of the topic.
Few days ago @HoaHoa wrote a very good post. I really liked most of the points, mainly #1 and #2.
Makes me think twice when I joined my next ranked game.
Must read item: Reference here: https://forum.mobilelegends.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=73203&extra=page%3D2
I agree with most of this point, they are valuable. But at the sametime I am a realist, something who thinks about practical outcomes, so here is my spin on it :)

Get the gaming going phase:
1) Get skilled with at least 3-5 heroes, preferably not all of them of the same category. For example few mages, MM and a tank
2) You would have noticed that when you join a random ranked queue, other players are 'telling you what to do". Well they can say w/e they want...but you should pick a hero you are most comfortable playing. If their choice matches with your preference then awesome. But don't get bullied by others. Just think about it, if your team loses the game,  you are most likely going to get reported anyways. So would you rather pick a hero you like and score at least a silver or pick a tank you have never played (before they told you) and score bronze? I would rather lose 2-3 credit points for mild performance than lose big for getting reported as afk or bad perfomance. Its all about making the smart choice here.

3) Greet the team. Say hello or how is everyone doing or similar sort of greeting.That tells the team you are not a douche or the "silent one".
4) If you are playing a non-tank or a stealth hero or a fanny, please please please don't go solo. Stick with the tank or another team player. This is important if you are taking down towers.
5) Be map aware. This is key to win games. For example if you see a big concentration of players in one area and your team is fighting them and you are on the other end doing w/e you do. Just stop and go help the team push. Dont think you can sneak and take a tower down. Most times it doesn't work and you just lost a chance to effectively push the team and get some kills.
6) Don't focus just on kills. Helping the team and winning is more important than being a loser MVP. At the end of the day...you are still on the losing side.
7) Pay attention to visual cues. When someone is saying "Request Backup". See if leaving your location and going and helping that teammate makes sense at that very moment? If you can go and help...just do it. Don't just stand there thinking someone else will go and help them.
8) Use visual cues effectively and not just spam it. This is important. Unless you really need someone's help don't just spam "Request Backup". In most cases you can handle the enemy and clear the minion wave. Don't create a "boy who cried wolf" sort of situation.
9) Have fun. If you are not having fun while playing the game...then why do you play it..lol. Have a clear mind, focus on the objective at hand and help the team. That's the best thing you can do. Now if you win the game or not, that's something else.
10) if your player has gone AFK within the first few mins, you will get a message stating that your team can surrender within few mins and you won't lose stars. Please follow through and surrender so you and your teammates can make the match "Invalid". Then report that AFK player so they learn the lesson and do the right thing next time.

That's it. Enjoy.  
Post time 2019-10-15 10:44 PM | Show all posts
Edited by StreetGamer at 2019-10-15 10:48 PM

Nice suggestions from you and HoaHoa, I am always playing ML relax and clear my mind, and haveing few mains is important, new playes usually buy same role heros and in game itts possible to have whole mage team. I would suggest to new players to play with friends because it will be more interesting and they will climb faster :D
Post time 2019-10-15 11:32 PM | Show all posts
great suggestions from you both, personally i've always been that guy that takes the midlane if i am soloQ and thats usually my way of winning the game
Post time 2019-10-15 11:34 PM | Show all posts
Errr...
What's preparation phase #2?

Anyway, nice share. And thank you for pointing out @HoaHoa post, I'll read it later.
 Author| Post time 2019-10-16 01:32 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
RRQ_Jengkol replied at 2019-10-15 11:34 PM
Errr...
What's preparation phase #2?

Preparation phase = getting ready to play the game :)

Sorry I was writing this as I write my tech documents at work hahahaha

Comments

and your boss didn't find out? how i envy you  Post time 2019-10-17 11:17 PM
Post time 2019-10-16 03:02 PM | Show all posts
I also post here while working hahahaha we are the worst. Great guide!! Hope new players follow it (and old players dont forget it)
Post time 2019-10-16 06:59 PM | Show all posts
Exceptional Tips and Tricks. Although i miss point 2.
I always prefer cool mind and relax before playing mlbb. I lost many games because of hot head before. So i know this very well. Thanks for this. Made this sticky for 1 week.
 Author| Post time 2019-10-16 08:21 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
BD007 replied at 2019-10-16 06:59 PM
Exceptional Tips and Tricks. Although i miss point 2.
I always prefer cool mind and relax before pl ...

Good catch @BD007

I forgot #2.

Op has been updated.
Post time 2019-10-20 08:34 AM | Show all posts
AnnaStrasza replied at 2019-10-16 08:21 PM
Good catch @BD007

I forgot #2.

hahhaha no problem. Thanks for uploading.
Post time 2019-10-22 01:14 AM | Show all posts
What's wrong with being the silent one haha? Not everyone can type and play at the same time, thank goodness for pings
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-8-1 02:14 AM GMT+8