Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 366|Reply: 11
Collapse the left

[Hero Concept] Carmen - Abyssal Messenger [#81]

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2019-10-13 10:22 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by Halbikx at 2019-10-13 03:27 PM

Carmen
The Abyssal Messenger

Role: Assassin / Support
Specialty: Reap / Heal
Difficulty: 9.5/10

Hero Description

Carmen has two sides - Ascension side and Fallen side. In normal equilibrium form, Carmen uses long ranged basic attacks that have a yellow tint to them, hinting to holiness; while in dark form or using Fallen skills Carmen's main weapon is a scythe. The scythe is completely black like a shadow with a tiny tint of red at the bottom perimeter of the scythe's blade.

Skills & Abilities

To master Carmen, you'll have to first master using each side of his skills. Although Carmen scales differently with physical damage and magic damage which determines your main role for the match, knowing equilibrium between both sides is a must for complete domination of a match.

Passive: Dilemma of Sides

Each of Carmen's skills have two sides - Ascension side and Fallen side. Each side has a different effect and do not share cooldowns.

When using a Fallen side skill, Carmen will temporarily be consumed by darkness for 4.5s, causing him to enter the dark side where all his skills turn fully dark and cannot use Ascension side skills. While in dark side, his basic attacks become melee and he uses a shadow scythe. Every basic attack causes Carmen to teleport behind his target, and deals an additional 3.5% of his target's lost HP as physical damage. After coming back to equilibrium state, all dark side skills will have 2.5s added on the cooldown. (Meaning, if you used the ultimate to enter the dark side and did not use any other dark skills, the cooldown will become 2.5s longer after returning to normal for only once, while the 2 other dark side skills will just have 2.5s cooldown). The added cooldown cannot be reduced by cooldown reduction.

While the fallen side counterpart of the skill is on cooldown, the Ascension side counterpart of the same skill will be buffed. Additionally, Carmen will temporarily enjoy a 25% movement speed increase which decays in 1.5s after coming back to equilibrium form.

To choose the side that you want to use, simply drag the joystick to the side that you want. This means that you can't aim the skill but when the dark side is on cooldown, the ascension side is buffed so you can aim it. All the skills should look something similar to this:

Skill 1: Injustice Brandish / Projection of Ascension (5.7s cd, 65 mc)

Fallen side:
Carmen quickly brandishes his scythe in an area around him, dealing 230/275/320/365/410/455 (+80% total P.D) physical damage. Carmen can move while doing so, and he will immediately be turned into Fallen side.

Ascension side:
Carmen summons up to 4 light projectiles which will lock on to enemies around him, prioritizing heroes. When the light projectiles hit his targets, they will deal 195/225/255/285/315/345 (+50% total M.D) magic damage.

When Injustice Brandish is on cooldown, this skill will change. Instead, Carmen will shoot out a concentrated ball of light in a long specified direction (like Selena's 2nd skill). Upon hitting a hero or jungle monster, they will receive 265/305/345/385/425/465 (+65% total M.D) magic damage and be immobilized for 2s. They will also be revealed for 5s.

Skill 2: Death Bed / Holy Nirvana (8.3s cd, 80 mc)

Fallen Side:
Carmen summons a dark aura in an area around him which lingers for 3s. While Carmen is in this aura, his basic attacks and skills deal an additional 2.5% of the target's max HP as true damage. Also, all attacks recover 1% of his mana as well.

Ascension Side:
Carmen summons a light aura beneath his feet in an area around him which lingers for 3s. The area will continuously heal Carmen and his allies for 100/120/140/160/180/200 (+35% total M.D) points of HP every 0.5s. Carmen and his allies will receive a 20% movement speed buff that lasts forever as long as they are in the area, but will last up to 1.5s when leaving it.

When Death Bed is on cooldown, the area of Holy Nirvana will dramatically increase, and it wil last for 5s instead. Furthermore, the extra movement speed gained from entering the area is increased to 40%.

Ultimate: Darkness Prevails / Ascension of Angels (28.9s cd, 100 mc)

Fallen Side:
Darkness will completely consume Carmen, causing him to become partially camouflaged and increase his movement speed by 45%, lasting 5.5s. Activating this skill does not immediately turn him into dark form. Instead, to activate dark from, he will have to perform an enhanced basic attack. The enhanced basic attack after activating this skill has increased range and deal 25% more damage. Additionally, it will silence his target for 1.2s.

Ascension Side:
For 10s, Carmen will summon multiple light projectiles every second to nearby enemies in his range, similar to Projection of Ascension, but is not capped at 4 projectiles at a time. Instead, it will summon projectiles to every nearby hero, monster and minion. The projectiles will deal 195/225/255/285/315/345 (+50% total M.D) magic damage, but the damage will decay when hitting the same enemy more than once. Carmen can move while doing so, but he cannot use other skills. To stop the skill, simply reactivate it and the cooldown will be refunded based on the number of unused waves of projectiles.

When Darkness Prevails is on cooldown, the projectiles will also heal Carmen for 15/30/45/60/75/90 (+10% total M.D) points of HP each.

Extra Information

Carmen is an exceptional Assassin at chasing and melting enemies, or he can be a nice support / mage to help his team in times of need. To correctly use Carmen, he should always be aware of his cooldowns of both the Fallen side and the Ascension side. We don't want to see Carmen jumping in to the middle of a team fight only ro realise that his dark side is on cooldown. To counter this, make sure to buy plenty cooldown reduction so that the cooldowns from Fallen side won't be much of a hindrance.

The player will have a choice when playing Carmen: to be a full Assassin, a full Support, or both at the same time. This can create a new type of gameplay that is rarely seen in ML.

Lore

Carmen has always been an orphan for as long as he remembers. It was rumored that Carmen's parents abandoned him in the streets of the Moniyan empire in a dark alley. They had no choice since they didn't have enough income to support a full on family, let alone a baby.

It could be seen as a large stroke of luck that one of the castle guards happened to enter the alleyway while on patrol. The guard heard a baby crying and lifted up the cardboard box that was muffling the crying sounds, only to reveal Carmen in his most pathetic shape.

The guard took pity on him and decided to take him back to the headquarters of the guards. All the other castle guards turned to face him and the baby in his arms when they heard a noise that wouldn't normally be heard in the guard's headquarters. The guards said nothing, only blankly staring at little Carmen with a hint of confusion. One of the nurses treating an injured guard heard the cries as well and rushed to the guard's side. Her eyes sparkled when she saw Carmen.

The nurse took him in and cleaned Carmen, fed him and gave him clothes to wear. Carmen, for once, was in peace.

Two decades after the incident, Carmen successfully served the Moniyan Empire as a guard himself. It was mandatory anyway, as a repayment for being saved by them. Though, Carmen still wasn't sure if this is what he wanted. He longed for something greater than just as protection for a higher being.

However, this event might as well change his life forever.

During a scouting mission on the Abyss, Carmen was sabotaged by his own teammates. They pushed him down into the Abyss the moment he took a step too far into the sloping zone. This act was most probably caused by him being ungrateful for serving the empire even after being saved by them. Carmen took a long, dark fall. No scream was heard by his teammates the moment he fell into the darkness.

The dense air and crimson atmosphere was eerie in itself, but what's more creepy is the fact that shining red eyes hidden behind shadows could be clearly seen staring at him. Carmen shivered relentlessly, trying to breathe for air as hard as he can. Then, a laughter came from behind. A feminine one to be exact.

The purple figure soon revealed itself, with horns on its forhead, pink puffy shoulder pads, a dark purple skirt and two ghouls beside her. Yes, it was none other than Selena.

"Welcome to the Abyss, human," Selena welcomed him with a warm voice. Carmen felt at ease for some reason, even though he knows that demons are looking at him from every direction, every crevise and every corner. His breathing calmed down and he could stand again.

"Who are you?" Carmen asked, without a stutter.

Selena giggled. "Who am I? Maybe I'm the ruler of this land?"

"Is that true?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it's rude to not introduce yourself after intruding into my place without warning. I was surprised to even see that your 'friends' pushed you down here."

"That..."

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about it," Selena giggled again, and said, "Enough with the chit chat, I have somethng for you."

"What is it?" Carmen is intrigued, but he still knows to be cautious.

"This," Selena said as she handed out a dark orb to Carmen, "This is the Impurity Orb, an orb powerful enough to transform any living being into a monster."

After hearing that, Carmen looked around him, only to be stopped by Selena.

"Don't worry, the demons here are native, they weren't humans who were transformed into demons. Carmen, you will be the first person to experience this orb. So, what do you say?"

Carmen thought for a while. In the end, he had no choice. Even if he were to refuse, his life would be doomed. Maybe, just maybe, this orb and turn him into something greater, something he was always seeking. Carmen took it, and immediately consumed it. Suddenly, loud impulses could be heard and his veins and arteries started to reveal. Horns grew, but they shortened and dissappeared for some reason. After his skin turned ashy black, the transformations were finished.

"Hmm, impressive. You held out the transformation and didn't fully turn into a ghoul. You seem like you're very intent on clinging to your human side after all. Very well, I will send you back up. Maybe even ask Lunox to purify you. I don't know how that will go though."

"Lunox?" Carmen thought to himself, "Isn't she the mythical goddess that sides with neither good or evil, but rather let they world stay in a balanced proportion of light and dark?"

While Carmen was still monologuing to himself, Selena took a vintage-looking phone as a little joke and called Lunox. Then, a blinding light suddenly loomed over the opening of the Abyss. A voice could be heard, almost soothing and majestic.

"Carmen, you are a strong one. You held on to your human side even after transforming into darkness. Hence, I give you a fragment of this light, where the powers of the light side will take over half of your body. It is up to you for the rest of your life. Choose, if you want to be consumed by darkness, or ascend to light."

Without hesitating, Carmen answered, "I want to choose both. I long for balance like you, where darkness and light exist together."

"Very well. You will have both the powers of the Impurity Orb and the Fragment of the Light of Dawn. Use them wisely." Then, the light dissappeared, along with the voice too.

Carmen was still not sure why he chose balance over ascension. Maybe it was the Impurity Orb telling him to choose it, while fighting the urge of his longing of ascension. He settled with balance.

"Poetic you are, Carmen. Seems like you have potential. I'll send you up to the normal world, so play with your new powers as much as you want." Selena said, as she faded into darkness. Carmen remained silent as he was lifted to the top by a ghoul. Thus, the days of his humanity is gone. He is now an ascended being, along with the powers of the dark. It is up to him whether or not he should cause turmoil or save the people.

Reference Images

Carmen Skill explain.jpg
Carmen3.jpg
Carmen2.jpg
Carmen1.jpg
Post time 2019-10-13 02:16 PM | Show all posts
Question . When you say that using a skill "consumes" him..what do you mean? Like reducing his HP or mana..right?
Your concept is original indeed, seems like a difficult to play hero..with requirements like high mechanics and knowledge of his skills and cooldowns..even so..i would love to see this hero in game..you can't get bored if you have such interesting heroes to play..Don't forget to submit your work to cs ingame
 Author| Post time 2019-10-13 03:14 PM | Show all posts
shinee. replied at 2019-10-13 02:16 PM
Question . When you say that using a skill "consumes" him..what do you mean? Like reducing his HP or ...

By "consume" I mean he just goes into another mode / state; he doesn't consume HP or mana (except when he uses a skill ofc). While in darkness state, he cannot use the Ascension side of skills for 4.5s, he increases his movement speed, becomes melee and basic attacks teleport him behind his target dealing more damage. I can see some flaws in this design, but trust me, this concept is one of the less complicated ones I'm going to make.

Comments

Some might be more simple than this, but I do got some that require a lot of mechanics. You'll see soon enough :)  Post time 2019-10-13 03:37 PM
If this is 'less complicated'..you got me curious on how other will be :3  Post time 2019-10-13 03:35 PM
Think of it as like being "enshrouded" by darkness, he just fully becomes the darkness for a few seconds before coming back to normal.  Post time 2019-10-13 03:17 PM
Post time 2019-10-13 03:59 PM | Show all posts
Nice concept, though i gotta ask. What's the "Injustice Branch", "Death Bed" and "Darkness Prevails" skills/states?  
Post time 2019-10-13 04:19 PM | Show all posts
unique hero concept and after some times seeing your hero concept again. although we have some heroes with 2 Abilities but this time its in passive. all the skills including the ultimate also changes according to the side. and that's really cool. don't forget to submit this to in game customer support as a suggestion. also put this thread link there.
 Author| Post time 2019-10-13 04:48 PM | Show all posts
BD007 replied at 2019-10-13 04:19 PM
unique hero concept and after some times seeing your hero concept again. although we have some heroe ...

Thanks, and I'm back again :D Only Lunox has this type of gameplay, even then only her ultimate is affected. Kagura as well? Either way, a lot more "skill changing" heroes are coming soon from me.

Comments

If you count that type of skill changing heroes which use their ultimates to change their skills, then Selena, Roger, Lapu-Lapu and Leomord would be included as well.  Post time 2019-10-14 06:58 AM
Don’t selena also have this type of gameplay?  Post time 2019-10-14 06:29 AM
 Author| Post time 2019-10-14 09:12 AM | Show all posts
Darkflamecas replied at 2019-10-13 03:59 PM
Nice concept, though i gotta ask. What's the "Injustice Branch", "Death Bed" and "Darkness Prevails" ...

Do you mean the stats? They are the same as the Ascension Side counterparts, but they do not share cooldowns, even though the length is the same. So you can use let's say "Injustice Brandish" and its counterpart, "Projection of Ascension" will not go on cooldown.

"Injustice Brandish", "Death Bed" and "Darkness Prevails" are the Fallen side skills, while "Projection of Ascension", "Holy Nirvana" and "Ascension of Angels" are Ascension side skills. Confusing lol
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-9-24 05:09 PM GMT+8