Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 4422|Reply: 6
Collapse the left

[Others] Players towards Skin Collectors

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-7-25 01:54 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by HoaxMuffin at 2019-7-25 04:05 PM

1563837033925_image1.PNG

Players toward Players with Hero Skins

Have you experienced being called "skinner" or "typical rich kid" or something related to those two but in a different dialect? I assume we all experienced this 'cuz we all have hero skins unless if you're a newbie. Smurf or baby accounts doesn't counts. Come to think of it, skin does matter since it gives additional attributes but it doesn't improves the players play-style. It really depends on how good they use the champion.

Some people bought it because it's their main hero, just got it from lucky spin, received a gift from a friend or a streamer, or the player is a skin collector.

No doubt that Moonton does give out free skins through events with difficult tasks. Acquiring free skins could take a while but will be worth it and lately Moonton gives either Elite to Epic skins that are limited time. Lucky spin sometimes breaks our heart for the reason that you spend 3k Tickets and still never win the grand prize. Receiving a gift from a friend or a stream is the most common lately. I, myself, also send skins to my friends who helped me in grinding stars. Streamers are also good at gifting skins is just that you need to wait until they finish their game. Being part of the Skin Collectors is quite tough. It's only for people who can afford or who can spend huge amount of money for skins. Would highly respect these types of people 'cuz some of them do a random giveaway. So if ever you encounter a collect, take the chance to review their profile and check if they do stream or do giveaways.

Whenever a player sees someone having a skin especially an Epic skin during Ban-Pick selection, some would immediately say slurs or ask for skin. Showing off will just fuel the fire. Tendency is it's not just your allies but your enemies will react as well. They will likely overrract once you die or lose the game. It doesn't applies to every game but when it does, just ignore and focus.

(Based on a FB post of a player who got bullied for having a Legend skin but got outplayed)

Post time 2019-7-26 10:08 AM | Show all posts
Im a great gord, but no skin. Awesome Jhonson, i got my skin from a friend. Nice minotaur, got 2 skins free from  events. I got plenty of skins!! (but i dont own those heroes lol: carrie, natalia, zhask).
Skins mean nothing to me, i only respect the number of games (not even win rate). I will never ever spend one single penny on this game. I have been playing for one year, 7000 games. I got lots of skins from the events, no need to buy anything (unless you have a main hero but dont won the skin).
Post time 2019-7-26 01:24 PM | Show all posts
Currently I owned over 200 skins including 1 legendary skin. Well you can say that I'm a skin collector. I almost owned every hero skins, but it doesn't mean I'm pro at using every single one. I can say that I'm average in term skill.
Sometimes I feel annoyed when I used one of my epic skin, and people always think I must be pro at that hero. I rarely show off my fancy skin in draft pick because I know people will throw high expectation on me, even they gave me negative comment and told I'm just a flexer. Even though I don't intend to do it.
For me personally, skin is just cosmetic, nothing more. I bought it because I like it. I just don't like when other players think that skin is a paramater of player skill. It's totally wrong.

Comments

your name reminds me of rebirth666 (Global 1 Miya). you can play with me and rebirth if you like ;) ID: 761270  Post time 2019-8-13 11:01 PM
Post time 2019-7-27 02:46 PM | Show all posts
Some of my friends are considered skinners, but they do have their skills (at least for my elo's standards, around low Mythic rank). It's just that when someone sees you have a skin, they would naturally expect you to be good because you've wasted money to buy a skin for that hero. The term for skinner stems from these situations where someone who has a really nice high quality skin plays like complete trash. Why show off when you can't even do basic things?
Post time 2019-7-28 09:44 AM | Show all posts
Nowadays many players spam choose in draft pick to show how cool their skin
Post time 2019-8-1 02:23 AM | Show all posts
I have only 15 skins and I'm playing is already 1,5 years .. LOL
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2019-12-16 10:47 AM GMT+8