Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 1143|Reply: 17
Collapse the left

[Share] WARNING BEFORE DOWNLOADING UNITY VERSION

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-7-21 01:58 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

If you think Unity Version will boost your potato phones performance, youre wrong.

Recently, some youtubers like Elgin also moved to the new Unity 2017 client and he showed how fast the new engine in his phone is. He proved that loading time upon startup and loading before entering a match has significantly improved.

Well, the truth is, yes the new client can boost performance, but only for flagship devices, not for potato phones. I tested this on 3 phones :
1. Poco f1 (128/6)
2. Redmi Note 4 (64/4)
3. Asus Zenfone 2 (16/2)

Based on my test, ML performance on Poco f1 is significantly boosted. Maybe like 50% faster than usual but still buggy sometime.
On Redmi Note 4, not much has changed, I can still feel the boosted performance tho, maybe about 15% faster but at some screen, it is so buggy.
Last one is on Asus Zenfone 2....the performance is downgraded badly. I can feel that the screen is only about 5 to 10 fps only during a match and at the main screen, every swipe and  opening new tab is so laggy compared to default client. Maybe it is caused by Intel Atom processor which is not appreciated well this day.

So, for anyone whos thinking about moving to Unity 2017 ver, make sure your can isnt that too potato-ish.

Post time 2019-7-21 02:15 AM | Show all posts
Yeah, that's why it's good to wait till it is officially announced.
Post time 2019-7-21 02:20 AM | Show all posts
thank you, i am now aware !
Post time 2019-7-21 02:24 AM | Show all posts
I've seen a post recently about getting his account banned. So if you're planning to use the unity version, make sure that you install it the right way and the apk file came from the legit sources, and not just from a youtube video.
Post time 2019-7-21 03:43 AM | Show all posts
Interesting, the unity version might be either taking more cpu power or its just not finished yet which may cause lag on lower end devices...well for now i’d recommend staying on the original version anyway
Post time 2019-7-21 05:54 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
It increased my total game size too like 3GB+...the hell...had to clear game data and start again...lol
Post time 2019-7-21 06:15 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
If you use potato brand phone ofc it will lag, but overall Unity is much lighter engine than any other, you just need to wait for devs to pack everything so it takes less space
Post time 2019-7-21 07:01 AM | Show all posts
i really appreciate with your testing.
that's why i always say that don't believe YouTubers blindly.
some time some of them are just doing it for more views.
need more testing. i will do one on my own. thanks for sharing.
Post time 2019-7-21 10:37 AM | Show all posts
Good job on the test. From your test result, the best option is stay with original version and wait for official announce.
Post time 2019-7-21 11:13 AM | Show all posts
Rumor says its release on 23July
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2019-12-12 08:34 AM GMT+8