Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 862|Reply: 17
Collapse the left

[Query] Ban option in ranked why???

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-5-12 09:48 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by AnnaStrasza at 2019-5-12 10:24 AM

What’s the point in having heroes when they get banned pretty much all the time.

I am talking about heroes like Esmer, Kimmy, Harith, Guin, Lenox, now Granger.

Why prevent players from choosing them.

What’s the story behind banning?

I been playing epic for weeks now and it’s frustrating to see certain heroes getting banned.
I want to use Guin but not a single chance.
Post time 2019-5-13 11:19 AM | Show all posts
Same like @izaidi said

If you want like that.. Just play classic.

When you reached Epic or above.. You no longer can use any hero you want. Team composition is really important in this.

If you want to use certain hero which is you expert in it, it also apply for the enemy as well.

In GM division or below, both of team can use same heroes. Let say you want to use Gwen, and maybe the enemy can use Gwen as well.

But in Epic-above, your team & enemy team can't use same hero, that's why draft pick existed.

When you reached high division, the game will be more competitive. And for some people, certain heroes are threatening, in this current meta, Gwen considered as one of op heroes, let say you want to use it in ranked and she's free ban, but the enemy pick Gwen first, it's same, right? You can't pick her either. But the enemy team gets more advantage when getting her.

So that's why there's a thing like "pick & counter-pick" in draft.

But when you got no hero to counter op heroes that you can't counter. To prevent that heroes is to ban them from earlier. If you can't pick the hero that you want, so don't let the enemy pick it. That's the purpose.

Comments

Well explained :)  Post time 2019-5-14 10:07 AM
Post time 2019-5-12 06:59 PM | Show all posts
Edited by irezer at 2019-5-16 04:28 PM

Adding the banning system add more depth into the game.
1. It makes players to be more strategical coming into every match.
2. It also 'force' players to play many different hero instead of spamming 1 hero *fake cough* fanny nerds *cough*.
3. It also make the game to be more competitive.
Many other e-sport games follow this route of banning system..not just MOBA.

Someone said about creating another rank mode without the ban..haha..that is just called classic.

AnnaStrasza replied at 2019-5-13 12:01 AM
If certain heroes are too op or unbalanced then don’t even allow those heroes for selection.

But ...

Well..whether the hero is op or not is not my point.
The point of banning system is to make a more strategical plays starting from the draft all the way into the match. It certainly add more depth in terms of competitive play. That is why drafting only appears in rank mode where players compete seriously for title/mmr/ranking/etc.

The banning system is not meant for players to ban certain op hero. If you watch high level pro players, the hero that you mentioned rarely get ban.
To clarify, heroes that are op or unbalanced is up to the players perspective. That is why the players should controlled which hero to ban

Post time 2019-5-12 10:47 AM | Show all posts
Yeah, I totally agree with you on this. I feel such a waste for buying gwen and esme when I couldn't even play them once in rank...

Maybe Moonton should create another rank mode with no draft pick and heroes ban...so people can choose which rank mode they want.
Post time 2019-5-12 12:40 PM | Show all posts
"What’s the point in having heroes when they get banned pretty much all the time.

Blame Moonton for not nerfing those heroes yet or not enough

"What’s the story behind banning?"

These hero is obviously op or inbalance and if enemy or team picked them they will have a good chance to win as long as they know what they're doing plus with others good team composotion and of course it will get them banned lol

"I want to use Guin but not a single chance."

I mean there's Classic and you can just auto pick here in there
Anonymous user  Post time 1970-1-1 08:00 AM
post_deleted
Post time 2019-5-12 01:35 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Wut?  People ban Granger now? He's not even op.
Post time 2019-5-12 06:53 PM | Show all posts
first pick always wins the OP hero that they want

ban are also used to to ban heroes that can counter your teams heroes
 Author| Post time 2019-5-13 12:01 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by irezer at 2019-5-16 04:30 PM
izaidi replied at 2019-5-12 06:59 PM
Adding the banning system add more depth into the game.
1. It makes players to be more strategical c ...

If certain heroes are too op or unbalanced then don’t even allow those heroes for selection.

But putting a player controlled ban seems not appropriate

izaidi replied at 2019-5-13 01:56 AM
Well..whether the hero is op or not is not my point.
The point of banning system is to make a mor ...

In fair play there should be no ban, no?
Pick any hero of your choice and let the best team win.

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2019-9-22 12:22 PM GMT+8