Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 923|Reply: 20
Collapse the left

[Query] Tournaments - some Guidance?....

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2019-4-8 11:37 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
we're making our own small team. we're joing a tournament - local.
This is our first time - we've never joined any tournament before. I'm GM, several others are Epics, and a couple are Legends.

I'm hoping to get here some wisdom from those who are experienced or anyone who has knowledge
- how do you handle teamplay
- do you have fixed roles? -like if its a comfortzone of each player
- is there like an assignment of objectives per player

I've watched like a couple tournaments, and some commentators keep saying tournaments are very different from a typical Ranked match.
Post time 2019-4-8 11:44 PM | Show all posts
treat it like very high level rank. the thing about tournaments is that the enemy is probably filled with experienced players when it comes to pro tournaments. so they're a very big threat. if you're gm, then you haven't experienced draft mode yet, which is gonna be a problem

Comments

Its ok, I have experienced many games with draft mode, I often join games with epics.  Post time 2019-4-9 12:34 AM
 Author| Post time 2019-4-9 12:36 AM | Show all posts
ChrisSummers replied at 2019-4-8 11:44 PM
treat it like very high level rank. the thing about tournaments is that the enemy is probably filled ...

yeah I would treat it like that. Just not sure what to expect. - its not common knowledge

Comments

hahahaha it sounds like you did not get enough help at all bro hahaha the reply was just to describe the tournament.  Post time 2019-4-10 08:46 AM
Post time 2019-4-9 01:34 AM | Show all posts
Training i guess.. so you get better knowledge of your teammates habit timing etc... ofc deciding who take what hero is also a necessity.. and backup hero pick just in case your hero is taken or banned.. hahaha xD good luck to you xD
Post time 2019-4-9 01:44 AM | Show all posts
Don't be intimidated but play cautious  take shorter brakes from the mini map to like 1-2 secs
learn your hero fully learn other heroes fully like how to counter them and try to end games quick give the enemy ample time to recover and make the comeback if your not leading then play carefully and don't initiate in team fights but try to do 2-3 man ganks on a solo laners making sure your clear to do so though
this will take teamwork so if you have friends to play and communicate wih go for it
Post time 2019-4-9 07:55 AM | Show all posts
Best possible way to practice is classic.Practice your best heroee, try to match combo.
Practice again and again.
Also you all need to be in call.
Discord or any other voice call method.

Post time 2019-4-9 09:22 AM | Show all posts
Lots of ganks and teamfights will happen since both teams are aware of each other's playstyles. So be very cautious on your minimap, positioning, and enemies that are missing.

Lastly, don't forget objectives. This is what differs tournaments from rank games the most (in any game). Cause you can't find tournaments as easy as you can find rank matches.

Comments

Best of luck to your team and don't forget to have fun while at it  Post time 2019-4-9 09:23 AM
Post time 2019-4-9 02:24 PM | Show all posts
Edited by batuzai04123 at 2019-4-9 02:28 PM

On a daily basis, our routines before were like - INVITING other known squads and we do CUSTOM 5v5 or play classic 5man team using our best heroes / role at our disposal.

We also have a quota - like we will never stop playing until we hit 10 straight victories or win 20 rank matches which ever comes first. Objective is the priority - not KILLS - MVPs - or any BOASTING achievements.

Also we have our team leader that knows how to draft - drafting is one of the key essentials in tournament - if you pick / ban better than your opponent - then you will likely have an advantage depending on your tactics.

I suggest you try to push at least 100 stars mythic on ur squad to be able to match up with other squads on the same tier, the tougher the opponents - the more u get experience.

Practice Makes Perfect!

Remember, LOSING is never a bad thing, LOSING IS WHAT MAKES U STRONGER!

Comments

very sad that my main hero doesn't have any CC and is weak against CC or burst. so i'm practicing other heroes that has CC. :)  Post time 2019-4-10 10:28 PM
Post time 2019-4-9 04:18 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Jultonov at 2019-4-9 04:21 PM

FIRST

Flexibility is critical.  I would have "roles" within your team, but make sure that each of you has 2 different-ability-heros within that role (capable of countering an enemy).  For example:

If am a mage role on my team and normally play Pharsa....  I would also have a backup ready if I see the enemy go with Natalia (for example).  Natalia would be certain death for pharsa, so a secondary mage with great stun/CC . would be a good counter to Natalia.

Along those same lines...if you were an assassin that normally plays Hanzo (and sees a Natalia pick)....  you can counter with Saber (as his skill-1 rings can flush out Natalia).

These are just a couple of examples of countering that I have picked up in draft mode.

SECOND

Know a few items (you don't have to know them all) that can help you in-match.  Example:
The enemy has a really great "slasher" like Alucard (high Attack damage).  You should automatically adjust your build to include something like blade armour.  This item, for example, has a passive that will deal 25% of whatever damage you take... back to the enemy automatically.

You don't need to know the full set of items now, but have a few go-to's:

1. Enemy has lots of magic damage.... build athena shield
2. Enemy is building lots of armour...  choose a magic item with PEN, or attack item with CRIT.
3. Enemy has lots of Crowd control hereos (stun).. maybe you chose a spell like purify.

Adaptation is the key so have a couple good go to's

Comments

**learning  Post time 2019-4-11 11:02 AM
Your more than welcome man... but I'm still earning myself. Only 3 months and Epic 1. I do study a ton though. ;)  Post time 2019-4-11 11:01 AM
I see, thanks man, your replies are the most valuable one :)  Post time 2019-4-11 01:17 AM
For example: your a mm, and your enemy counters you with blade amour. You counter build with Malefic Roar to provide extra penetration against that armor.  Post time 2019-4-10 10:41 PM
There is diff. types of adjustments. The ones i referenced above were both adjustments in hero selection.. and in in-game build. Most definitely Damage dealers need to adjust.  Post time 2019-4-10 10:32 PM
someone mentioned to me the damage dealers shouldn't adjust, only the tanks should adjust - is this true? - maybe only the anti-HP regen for damage dealers  Post time 2019-4-10 10:22 PM
Post time 2019-4-10 08:58 AM | Show all posts
Love to read the replies :)

I am not a pro nor a great player, but as I understand...

- You and your teammates needs to talk about having a chemistry within.
- Strategies on what to do on every scenarios that might happen.
- All of you needs to be good on every type of hero as much as possible.
- Work on what hero to be use to counter enemy's hero

Good luck on your tournament bro! Don't forget to update us! :) hahaha What tournament is this? I mean is this organized within your area?
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-9-20 01:02 PM GMT+8