Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 7966|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

[Query] VPN - Cheating?

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2019-3-17 03:16 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
is using a VPN considered Cheating by official MLBB?
sory about asking such a nub question

Post time 2019-3-17 04:03 PM | Show all posts
this question ever crossed my mind once. can the game detect it?
For me, as long as it doesnt modify the game's files, it's not cheating
I could be wrong
Post time 2019-3-17 04:26 PM | Show all posts
VPN is never cheating and it's actually not illegal. VPN has never and will never make your teammates laggy because you are the one entering their "local" server that means you, yourself will only experience lag.

Comments

sorry but thats false...  Post time 2019-3-19 05:22 AM
Post time 2019-3-17 04:37 PM | Show all posts
Edited by iFaust at 2019-3-17 04:38 PM

AFAIK VPN is legal. It simply masks your IP to a different one where it makes it possible for the player to connect on a different server. (Where only the user will experience high ping if the server they connected to is too far).

Although I've seen a lot of threads here that accuse VPN as a weapon that causes massive ping spike to everyone, it seems like they're nothing more than just conjectures made by players without any degree relating to Information Technology.

Comments

thanks man. I admit I hardly know IT related magic words. hahaha. but I understand your points :)  Post time 2019-3-17 04:44 PM
 Author| Post time 2019-3-17 04:47 PM | Show all posts
ok thanks. Yeah, I keep seeing YT gameplay videos and comments that goes like VPN is cheating so I wasn't sure.

Now, this sounds like a way to completely get rid of players from other servers that cheats right - if those players stays in one server?. sounds to me like a legit way
Post time 2019-3-17 08:19 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by jingasenpai at 2019-3-17 08:20 PM

VPN is not cheating... But using vpn really affects game specially when you match with players from far regions it causes lags because of shared data.... Example your from PH then you use vpn that will set your connection to very far servers  then you played with people on PH then it will cause lags I know some games who would not allow vpn upon playing the game just wont enter the game if using vpn i wonder why ML devs cant do it maybe they are incompetent..
Post time 2019-3-17 08:29 PM | Show all posts
Edited by iFaust at 2019-3-17 08:30 PM
jingasenpai replied at 2019-3-17 08:19 PM
VPN is not cheating... But using vpn really affects game specially when you match with players from  ...
players from far regions it causes lags because of shared data.... Example your from PH then you use vpn that will set your connection to very far servers  then you played with people on PH then it will cause lags

Can you back up this statement?

I could misinterpret what you said but if I guessed what you're trying to say;

VPN only affects the player using it, by changing servers, let's say EU, you will be matched and paired with EU players. It's not possible for the VPN to bring other players with you to EU servers (unless you're in a party with friends) but if you're saying that this VPN has the ability to bring other local queuers with you (outside of party), could you provide proof?
Because once you change your IP to EU, you will not be matched within the PH server but the EU one.
Post time 2019-3-17 08:36 PM | Show all posts
1 use VPN
2 go to region with n00b mythics

3 profit

Post time 2019-3-18 02:43 AM | Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Post time 2019-3-18 07:45 AM | Show all posts
Use vpn and go to different region for boosting rank to me is illegal. And also using vpn cause lag to others.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-9-20 12:49 PM GMT+8