Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 852|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

[Share] Reason Why Mooton Refuses to Implement Harsher Punishment

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-2-10 04:57 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by Argricus at 2019-2-10 05:00 AM

Note: This post is meant to provide an insight into why Moonton refuses to answer your requests.

Many people have been asking Moonton to implement harsher punishment on Mobile Legends: Bang Bang. Today I will tell you why they refuse to do such thing:

1. Abuse and Exploits - Everyone knows that the game reporting mechanism in MLBB is not perfect. And because it is not perfect, it can and is being exploited in a way. Take reporting for Negative Player for example, you can get your credit deducted without actually being a Negative Player. If you get enough reports, the system will punish you. Speaking from personal experience, I have been reported several times just because of using Nana or other heroes, and my credit have been deducted this way before.

2. Bugs - MLBB is not a perfect game, there are bugs. These bugs are of different types. Some of the bugs that contributes to the reason why Moonton refuses to increase punishments can be found in forms such as
           (i) The game gives an Unknown Error: Please Try Again and refuses to let you continue playing your game
           (ii) The game force closes suddenly, reoppening game and trying to re-enter match does not work because the game no longer automatically enter the match again.
           (iii) There also exist some glitches where players are unable to properly play, for example, recently there was a player who was using Kimmy and his/her virtual attack button dissapeared.

3. AFK, Feeders and Trolls - Now you may be wondering why these three are here when the reason why we want harsher punishment is because of these people. It's exactly because of these people why again Moonton is hesitant to implement harsher punishment. When a team has AFKs, Feeders and Trolls, some people don't feel like playing and leave the match out of rage or other reasons. If these people, the victims of AFKs, Feeders and Trolls are also affected by harsher punishment. It could bring heavy backlash to Mooton in the form of complaints and criticism. We will see a lot of "Why am I punished? I quit because he was intentionally feeding/trolling" or suggestions such as "If a team has feeders, trolls or afks, we should be able to quit the game without losing star" etc.

Some of you may probably say "I understand now" but for those who dont.

So lets say Moonton makes punishment more harsh, what would happen if you encounter bugs which refuses to let you play, or is a victim of false reporting. Would you be happy if you got heavy punishment from such event? I don't think so.

In simple words, Moonton is afraid of the Backlash they would recieve from implementing harsher punishment.

So now you know! Unless the reporting feature is improved and the game's several bugs are fixed. Mooton will always be hesitant to implement harsher punishment.

Post time 2019-2-16 07:57 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Star2Dust at 2019-2-16 10:04 AM

1. Abuse and Exploits - Everyone knows that the game reporting mechanism in MLBB is not perfect.
—— Response ——  Thing is what can we do about players losing STAR/Street Neighborhood points in losing team (in the ‘very rare’ times it’s true that a player is being negative/playing negatively).
What does being negative imply: e.g. does this mean stealing an MM’s buff when you’re playing a tank / support hero? Or does negative mean using profanity? Or…? What does it mean exactly.

2. Bugs - MLBB is not a perfect game, there are bugs.
—— Response ——
(i) again, if one(1) player encounters this in a team of five(5). Why do we have to all be punished by losing STAR/Street Neighborhood points when this happens? It’s rare to be in a great team where you can beat the other team 4 vs 5, especially when it’s a closely matched game (also rare - not blaming the system of moonton)
(ii) Why do we have to all be punished by losing STAR/Street Neighborhood points when this happens?
(iii) Why do we have to all be punished by losing STAR/Street Neighborhood points when this happens?

The biggest challenge i see from this, is about the emotional attachment to the feeling of achievement for human players.

For those of us who keep trying and trying and trying, we have bad fortune to keep getting teams like this.

Which means we will hit a glass ceiling, and can never progress either in Rank to Legend and above, or Street/Neighborhood rank.

3. AFK, Feeders and Trolls - Now you may be wondering why these three are here when the reason why we want harsher punishment is because of these people.
—— Response ——
People ARE BEING PUNISHED. When they lose STAR/Street Neighborhood points, regardless of if they leave or stay in the game due to the AFK, Feeders, Trolls, etc.
The loss of STAR/Street Neighborhood points should be based on poor performance in a game, why does the rest of the team have to be punished if they are still getting Silver or Gold medals?
Just make it they don’t lose STAR/Street Neighborhood points or get STAR/Street Neighborhood points reimbursement end of month or end of season?

——Original Post——

Some of you may probably say "I understand now" but for those who dont.

So lets say Moonton makes punishment more harsh, what would happen if you encounter bugs which refuses to let you play, or is a victim of false reporting. Would you be happy if you got heavy punishment from such event? I don't think so.

In simple words, Moonton is afraid of the Backlash they would recieve from implementing harsher punishment.

So now you know! Unless the reporting feature is improved and the game's several bugs are fixed. Mooton will always be hesitant to implement harsher punishment.

—— Response ——
So don’t do harsher punishment.

•        Use data from a game to do a end of week or month or season Star Reimbursement to see where people truly end up in Rank (draft rank or free-pick rank).
        •        It might not be perfect, but neither is the current system.
        •        Why not redirect the resources (staff, time, money) to design, test, implement this system.
        •        Rather than paying the designers to keep on bring out more complications in the form of New Heros?
        •        Uplift existing heros. Story lines (like the comics here), Skin packs, Uplift existing heroes and fix the current bugs in heroes.

Like Akai’s description of Ultimate, is broken because he's been nerfed so badly, even his ultimate is dispelled by just about every single hero in the game.

I feel they intend to kill off heroes like this - so why not just do it? I have spent a lot of money investing in this game in the form of Diamonds, gifting players, etc.

I mean, why should my opinion matter more than a player who doesn't pay money at all?

Perhaps they get sponsored by playes like me who pay and feed the developers, and the corporate owners of this game? Someone is.....

@BD007

Post time 2019-2-10 05:15 AM | Show all posts
great post now im 50/50 about having harsher punishment implemented into the game

Comments

50/50 that makes two of us. I want it but also dont want it  Post time 2019-2-10 05:22 AM
Post time 2019-2-10 11:00 AM | Show all posts
People tend to blame other. Its easier to accept that its someone else fault & make right their choice for that very reason to.
No heavier penalty they complain, get punished coz of heavier penalty they complain. Hero to weak they whining, Hero to OP they yelling.
Less people think about what can they do with this cursed world we live. Heaven or Hell, all is in here. Its depend on how we see it & how we live it.
Post time 2019-2-10 12:59 PM | Show all posts
Everyone knows all of those facts.
but they never admit.
Can anyone tell me here that he/she never faced any of these bugs?
I do not think so.
Please read  this before you make any new thread.
I am not against harsh punishment.
But think about the consequence also.
Making this thread sticky for 1 week so everyone can check it.
Thanks for making this post.
Post time 2019-2-10 03:23 PM | Show all posts
This is so accurate. I hope it stays sticky for more than 1 week.

Comments

its sticky for a week  Post time 2019-2-10 08:57 PM
Post time 2019-2-10 11:15 PM | Show all posts
BD007 replied at 2019-2-10 12:59 PM
Everyone knows all of those facts.
but they never admit.
Can anyone tell me here that he/she never f ...

How about those toxic player then? And those racists?

In God's name I swear I saw some kids playing Mobile Legends. The game did not go the way they wanted and at some point, one of them said "wth, let's play [title of another game] instead" and they close the app just like that. I was not their teammate, but I could sympathize.

Comments

I might have known. However your post that I quoted has almost opposite spirit from your threads about ingame racism, so I thought I should confirm if you changed mind.  Post time 2019-2-13 11:31 PM
MLBB officials are working on it bro. I am also against racism. I think you know that.  Post time 2019-2-12 12:58 PM
 Author| Post time 2019-2-10 11:58 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
RRQ_Jengkol replied at 2019-2-10 08:15 PM
How about those toxic player then? And those racists?

In God's name I swear I saw some kids playi ...

Every online game has rage quitters. You can't do anything about that.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but there will always be something that offends a player enough to quit.
Post time 2019-2-11 06:13 AM | Show all posts
Is there an update about improving of reports?
Post time 2019-2-12 04:30 PM | Show all posts
Edited by trollgre at 2019-2-12 04:34 PM

1. from personal experience i only see players being deducted from trash talking (i receive report when they get their credits deducted)
i doubt that it can be exploited easily (if your credit got deducted you might have said something bad on chat)
from personal experience also even if im playing bad at classic as long as i dont talk trash i dont get deducted
if it can be exploited they should "Improve it" so players wont be mistakenly punished

2. this is the hard part but it is at some part MLBB fault
so many devices, ios, android versions ,emulators it is hard to make a patch that will work 100% on all devices
but they have advanced server to try the patch month before making it online on original server

theres an old bug so old i think it only affects old devices or low ram devices
during rank hero pick phase where you suddenly exit and when you return you have execute skill ( i think you still have emblem but execute skill)
they can make it last rank match hero setting when you reconnectimagine if youre the player that always experience this problem and they are still not fixing this (its not just you that suffers your team suffers too)

3 theres a surrender and you know that quiting mid game is punishable
but it is easy to fix
if the game detected that theres already an AFK it should be safe to leave match (in dota theres a feature like this)
or if theres someone feeding and trolling there should be a report feathure where teammates can vote if the player is really trolling
theres a feeding detector already but i think it needs 5 or higher consecutive deaths to detect feeder

Rank game = harsher punishment
Classic = medium or low punishment
or add 3 days ban from rank if the player is so toxic

do you want cancers to stay in this game?
if you want the game to improve ask them to improve it
they have the resources and time maybe they are just not doing anything to improve it (we are talking old problems since last year not sure how long because i only started playing ML last year)

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2019-8-18 10:52 AM GMT+8