Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 2333|Reply: 8
Collapse the left

[Hero Techniques] Ruby: Guide to the Little Red Hood [Yunozaki]

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2018-12-29 08:36 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by Yunozaki at 2018-12-31 11:05 PM

Yun here! (O uO)/
The Little Red Hood, Ruby
Introduction
Ruby is a Fighter who excels most in disrupting enemy movements while being able to survive for a long period of time in battles. Which means she can create as much space as she can until either her allies arrive or successfully retreat from the battlefield. She is also one of the heroes with the most and fastest life-steal rate next to Alucard.

Synopsis of Her Story (Not Based on Mastery Code)
Ruby lives in a remote village in the Dark Forest, which was attacked by wolves lead by their leader; Pale Tusk. Years before that, Roger, accidentally bumped into and saved Ruby's family while wandering in the Land of Dawn. He decided to train the villagers after receiving a request from the elders of the village. He then disappeared without a trace. Pale Tusk then attacked the village without anyone noticing about it which led to Ruby's grandparents died protecting her while she hides underneath the corpses of her deceased family members. With no control over her rage, she came out along with her scythe and killed off the wolves, leaving Pale Tusk to be the only survivor during the attack. After the leader left, she slowly regains consciousness and rages on once more when the wolves howl.

Skills
Let's Dance! [Passive]
Ruby's basic attacks have no life-steal effect. However, her skills get a 125% physical life-steal effect from equipment. After any skill is cast, Ruby can dash from one place to another, increasing her physical and magical defence for a short period of time. (Effects increases with level, Stacks up to 3 times). Ruby has 5% life-steal effect.

S1 - Be Good! [AoE] (Level 1 - CD: 6.0s, Mana Cost: 40)
Ruby quickly slashes forward, dealing 60(+60% Total Physical Attack) points of Physical Damage. At the same time, she casts a shockwave forward, dealing 90(+90% Total Physical Attack) points of Physical Damage to enemies and reducing movement speed for 2 seconds.

S2 - Don't Run, Wolf King! [ [AoE] (Level 1 - CD: 7.0s, Mana Cost: 50)
Ruby wields her giant scythe to attack twice. Every attack deals 40(+55% Total Physical Attack) of Physical Damage, stunning the enemies for 0.5 seconds and slowly pulling them towards her. Deals an additional 30% of normal damage to enemies in the outer ring.

S3 - I'm Offended! [CC] [Burst] (Level 1 - CD: 26s, Mana Cost: 80)
Ruby uses her scythe to attack in a wide range, dealing 205(+180% Total Physical Attack ) points of Physical Damage to enemies, pulling them and stunning them for 0.5 seconds.

Skill Build
Skill Buiild.png
This is my skill build for Ruby and as you can see:
From Level 7, I equalize the level for S1 and S2
While I could've just maxed out my S1 due to its low CD and damage proc I decided to take in S2 to further increase the damage as well as life-steal I dealt during the fight. This enables me to have much more survivability without having my S2 dealing not as much as the damage and life-steal I receive. Besides, the outer circle of S2 deals 30% more damage, and it's amazing.

Maxing Out S2
You'll risk out your life-steal efficiency during early games since S1's slash and shockwave life-steals more comparing to S2. While the 30% extra damage will increase due to the rising skill level but the mana consumption will increase and the cooldown will retain (No CDR is applied).

S3 Efficiency
As usual, you need to learn to aim when using S3, simply tapping them could cause you to aim at the wrong target or direction. Predicting where the enemy moves will also benefit in successful CCs. One precaution is to use S3 when you're in a distance, too close and you may just horribly miss a target even though the enemy is so close to you. You can also use S3 to rally minions together, force hide jungle creeps, steal jungle creeps (High damage and good range), and pulling that one damn minion that keeps staying in the turret's range and won't go out. (This one is for pushing)

Precautions
You're not Immortal
Yeah, sure you can life-steal and last very long on the battlefield. But keep in mind you may have some enemies that can stun you so bad you can't even react with your skills. And your total physical attack vs enemy's resistance will heavily affect your life-steal. There's also the item effect where life-steal has been cut down by half.

When you want to retreat, don't face the enemy
Now Ruby has the dash passive, she will either step back or go forward. But the problem here is the distance she dashes. And both determines how much distance between you and the enemy.
Step Back.JPG        Dash forward.JPG
If you cast a skill towards the enemy while retreating you will only dash a little bit.
If you cast a skill in the opposite of the enemy while retreating you will dash further.

Builds
Again, I will remind you all Do not be fully committed to this build.
Build.JPG

In this build, I often use these two sections:
1st Build - Full DPS (My most used build in playing Ruby)
This build is fully focused on increasing the damage for all my Skills, and with the Endless Battle's pure damage I'm able to rack up a hard punch per 1.5 seconds (This is from EB's pure damage effect where it will have a 1.5s cooldown). Now for this one, in particular, my build order will go like this.
Magic Shoes > Endless Battle > Haas Claw > Blade of Despair > Wings of the Apocalypse Queen > Rose Gold Meteor
The usual order would be Haas Claw > Endless Battle, but I decided to go for the former due to the large stat benefits (Mana regen, movement speed boost etc.) and pure damage capabilities. While Endless Battle is much expensive than Haas Claw, I value more in getting my big core items then slowly proceed to the less expensive ones.

Should I Change An Item?
The last two items are a big possibility, I will mainly replace Rose Gold Meteor to Brute Force Breastplate and Immortality. But considering how Wings of the Apocalypse Queens (Fug it, WotAQ)'s passive triggers along with Rose Gold Meteor it makes a powerful combo in terms of surviving attacks.

2nd Build - Long-Last
This one, in particular, I haven't been really using it a lot, to be honest. Only when the game requires another tank which Ruby can go as a semi-tank will I go for this build. But I will change it from time to time of course, but the first three items will be a priority or else her passive will not be as effective as having physical damage items. I can also get myself a Courage Bulwark replacing Athena's Shield for CDR and ally buffs.

EmblemsRuby has a variety of possibilities when it comes to emblems, her flexible playstyle gives her full open usage on many. Which I will explain some of them in my best effort and thoughts about it. There are four available emblems in mind that are viable for Ruby. [Fighter, Tank, Support and Assassin

Thoughts on Ruby
Good in Many Situations
I have to say, while she's a pretty rare and sometimes picked in both ranked and classic, her skills, playstyle and flexibility in battle had made her one of my top heroes to be played and recommended for players who wish to contribute offensively and defensively in battle. But that doesn't mean she's invincible as she still requires good allies to be a viable hero to play with.

Flexible in Many Playstyles
This one is based on the player's preference in playing Ruby, her wide range in different builds, as well as emblem usages, gives many the upper hand in creating their own 'best' builds. Perhaps some of them wish to do well in dealing damage or maybe some wish to contribute to absorbing damages. The hard part here is whether or not your allies will take it or not. But that's another story to tell.

Author's Note: Alright, I will be pausing on Emblems as I have exams... Will be updating once it's over.

Change logs:
[29/12/2018, 8:32PM]
- Added introduction to Ruby
- Added skills and skill builds
- Added the first part of precautions
- Added builds

[31/12/2018, 11:04PM]
- Added thoughts on Ruby
- Added Emblems, Work in progress
Post time 2018-12-29 09:17 PM | Show all posts
this is a really good guide so far well done
Post time 2018-12-30 12:16 AM | Show all posts
Nicee one (y) hehehe
Post time 2018-12-30 10:04 AM | Show all posts
Awesome.
It took some time but i read the whole and grasp every single word.
Its superb. All i have to do is practice.
Thanks a lot for writing this.
I am sticking this to guide sub forum for time being.
 Author| Post time 2018-12-30 10:55 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
BD007 replied at 2018-12-30 10:04 AM
Awesome.
It took some time but i read the whole and grasp every single word.
Its superb. All i hav ...

Ooh I noticed it when I opened the forum, thanks for the sticky!
Post time 2018-12-30 11:34 AM | Show all posts
Yunozaki replied at 2018-12-30 10:55 AM
Ooh I noticed it when I opened the forum, thanks for the sticky!

most welcome. You deserve it. Cheers.
Post time 2018-12-30 03:02 PM | Show all posts
Hmm, Lvl max skill 1-->3-->2. He better lvl up dmg skill first.

My Ruby style: Pretend to be AFK. When nubs try to kill me. Just stun him and enemy retard dead.
Post time 2019-1-22 07:59 AM | Show all posts
Thanks for telling the truth about S1 - when retreat not to charge on enemy instead of charge forward.
No wonder my ruby can’t run so fast

Comments

No problem! Glad that explanation actually gave some players a realization of her lack of mobility.  Post time 2019-1-22 07:31 PM
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2020-12-1 11:14 AM GMT+8