Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
Author: irezer
Collapse the left

[Other Official News] Censored words in game

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-2-22 10:45 PM | Show all posts
They should have word detection to clarify the whole word and not just the letters in the word.

They should detect AFK as AFK itself and not as A-FK where the censors fall upon FK.
The Word Censors On/Off Option would probably pose a threat to them because of the Country Bans.
Post time 2019-2-25 02:49 PM | Show all posts
Wooow , thanks information unipin
Post time 2019-2-26 03:33 PM | Show all posts
Why is "ME" a censored "word" now? it still censors the use of this in normal words too, like time = ti** lol......

who the heck approves and implements the censorship? Do they even think about this?

Create a censorship ON/OFF toggle button.

This is also an upvoted topic in official DISCORD chanel.

MOONTON! YOU ARE OVER COMPLICATING THINGS! PLEASE STOP!
Post time 2019-2-28 04:22 AM | Show all posts
lol.... clearly we all agree. Why waste so much money and resource's time doing trivial things like censored words?

CREATE CENSORED WORDS BUTTON IN SETTINGS
ON = CENSORED WORDS (won't see censored words)
OFF = CAN SEE ALL WORDS
DEFAULT TOGGLE = ON

(PROCESS; update your censored words every season or every 2 or 3 seaons lol)

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 07.14.42.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 07.10.29.png

Post time 2019-3-2 12:25 AM | Show all posts
You know... As much as I love this thread for giving us the chance to speak about the censored system... It seems it never reached the devs at all. It's not really effective... In fact, it's gotten worse than before.

I'll be aggressively honest at this point, it's stupid. As much as you want to make things family friendly banning certain words in an English-used language context gives us the more reason to never use the battle chats at all. Actually, might as well turn it off and perform a silent treatment to everyone since they are barely able to communicate properly with censored words.

I understand some of them are curse words in other languages, but to put that censorship in a language the majority of the community uses? I'd say it again, it's ineffective. This thread ain't doing any function.
Also 'Me' and 'Pu' even 'afk' or people who uses it unintentionally such as 'T it' is ridiculous.
 Author| Post time 2019-3-4 07:34 PM | Show all posts
Yunozaki replied at 2019-3-2 12:25 AM
You know... As much as I love this thread for giving us the chance to speak about the censored syste ...

Hi @Yunozaki
It's already reached to devs and certain words already fixed, but other words still need to check again as they're busy with their other tasks as well. Hope you can understand.
Will keep update time to time.
Post time 2019-3-5 12:38 AM | Show all posts
irezer replied at 2019-3-4 07:34 PM
Hi @Yunozaki
It's already reached to devs and certain words already fixed, but other words still  ...

Noted, I've noticed some of the words are fixed and chatting with teammates seems less complicated than before, thank you.
Even though I still doubt (but less though) this thread, I will try my best effort to detect any unfortunate censored words, luckily I manage to catch up two. But despite all these, I still believe this censorship mistake will pop up again to haunt the gaming experience.

1. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get many of the screenshots but MLBB quizzes seemed to be filled with censored words, making the answering seems much obvious and lowered the quality of being it a 'quiz'. Censored.png

2. During the draft pick phase, 'Diggie' seems to have been split into two ways, with one being the censored version while the other, not.
censored (2).JPG

I seemed to forget taking the other unfortunate censored words, however, I would like to suggest that word spacing censorship should not be implemented i.e 't it', 'g ay' etc. Hope this helps!
Post time 2019-3-9 09:30 PM | Show all posts
Yunozaki replied at 2019-3-5 12:38 AM
Noted, I've noticed some of the words are fixed and chatting with teammates seems less complicated ...

These aren't censored words but rather blank choices.
Post time 2019-3-12 03:59 PM | Show all posts
Edited by jackyrose at 2019-3-12 04:02 PM

Please include - “ Skin pa more “ and “ skinner “
Because those words are so offensive in the philippines
Post time 2019-3-14 01:59 AM | Show all posts
please include " EZ " , " ez " & " easy "

Comments

What's wrong with saying "easy"?  Post time 2019-3-16 08:28 PM
What's wrong with saying "easy"?  Post time 2019-3-16 08:27 PM
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2019-8-17 08:39 PM GMT+8