Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 12237|Reply: 11
Collapse the left

[Share] Countering Aldous.

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2018-12-10 04:08 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by maistral at 2018-12-10 04:13 AM

It has come to my attention that people still seem to be unable to counter Aldous. This is a repost from a 'nerf Aldous' thread.
-----
This is way too annoying.

CC is your friend. Just to name a few...

- Chou. This is a no-brainer. Might harm Chou, if Chou completes the combo especially if Angela is inside the Aldous.
- Nana. When he dives aim the doll in advance. This also decreases his magical defense, makes him more susceptible to magical damage dealers. Might be pointless especially if a burst Angela is possessing Aldous.
- Gatotkaca. Taunt upon impact. Might harm Gato, however.
- Argus (heavy damage mode) - Aldous CANNOT kill Argus, but Argus CAN kill Aldous if Argus ultimate is charged. The concept is to basically outdamage Aldous. Pointless if the Aldous targets someone else,and that they hero-locked the desired target.
- Aurora/Vexana. Again, no brainer. Problem arises when no one follows up. Dangerous as well if Angela is in possession of Aldous.
- Kagura/Harley. Kagura can just... nevermind. Similar to Argus, Aldous can just hero-lock the desired target and you might end up dying yourself if you try to help.
- Lancelot. Illuminati members' breathing intensify.

The problem with Aldous is that at late game (or when he is nearing his maximum stacks) there is no single way you can actually win against him, most especially if Angela is in possession of Aldous. The damage is just way too overwhelming. However as in the late game teamfights tend to happen, there are some heroes that can totally botch up the Angela + Aldous tactic. In that case, they are the 'best' counters as they not only cancel the effectivity of the one-punch attack but it also makes Angela in possession pointless.

If you notice the list they tend to be the heroes that can quickly scale the distance between Aldous + Angela and the team member being targeted. This is due to the fact that the one-hitting attack requires close-quarter combat. The best counters so far, as I have noticed, are:

- Valir (MAGE). Fire blast upon impact, pushing Aldous. Works even if Angela is in possession of Aldous, and will still work even if Aldous flickers if Valir charges the passive. Safest and best counter, especially if you build him sustain + cooldown + Twilight Armor. Ultimate also discourages further attempts to attack, and S1 slows down Aldous drastically. It's as if Valir is actually made to wreck Aldous faces; will function regardless of enemy composition as they too can be caught in the series of explosions.
- Akai (TANK). One of the best (and most obvious but sadly forgotten) counters currently available (and is actually the reason why people are generally discouraged in using the one-hit retard in high tier matches). Use the ultimate upon impact. Similar to Valir, it should push Aldous away. Might end up dangerous if allies cannot follow up, however as Akai needs to keep on pushing Aldous away; but Akai can just jump like a frog after the ultimate duration. Might not function if knockup is existent in the enemy team, but nevertheless one of the best counters.
- Jawhead (FIGHTER). If Valir is the best teamfight mage to countee and Akai is the best teamfight tank to counter; for fighters it should be Jawhead. I don't think I have to elaborate how. Unlike Chou, Jawhead has the damage output and the passive to make this possible actually; if lucky you can actually kill the Aldous; but in saving teammates you have to be careful because you might end up throwing your teammate instead. Like Chou, Jawhead actually works in any composition as well.
- Karrie (MARKSMAN). The reason is obvious. She has the blink and enough damage output to kill even a full tank Aldous with 4/5 full stacks. Just make sure you're overfarmed too. Since it's a marksman, it's a poor option in 1v1, but very dangerous in teamfights especially if surrounded by CC bodyguards. The damage output is just too insane that even the Angela inside Aldous will be ripped to shreds.
- Rafaela (SUPPORT). Yes, the top choice for throwing games is actually the best support teamfight counter to Aldous, even with Angela in it.  Engage-disengage mechanic, will work even when the Aldous has Angela in it because of Rafa's kit - make sure to run Ice Queen Wand as well to make Aldous look like a worm. Also, the heals quickly patch up any lost HP, ensuring survival.

For assassins, it is inherent in their nature to not to be able to 'save' an ally being attacked. Some assassins can provide CC but it does not solve the 'Angela possessing Aldous' question and that saving someone using assassins might end up the assassin himself/herself dying.

Post time 2018-12-10 11:11 AM | Show all posts
What you said is the truth.
I normally don't face aldous+angela combo but i can imagine the situation. One of the most important counter of aldous is, don't let him farm or end the game fast. Aldous is not so strong in early to mid game. By creating pressure on him or other lane will force him to leave farm and join team fight earlier. Otherwise those counter you said is best counter against aldous in late game.
Post time 2018-12-10 04:18 PM | Show all posts
One way to counter Aldous is to give pressure and make his life really hard and regret on picking Aldous
This would make him to trashtalk or offend you
For example gank him(5 vs 1), steal all him farm and don't let him last hit minion using cc on him
This would make anyone mad
Post time 2018-12-10 11:40 PM | Show all posts
no eudora?
Post time 2018-12-11 12:54 AM | Show all posts
BD007 replied at 2018-12-10 11:11 AM
What you said is the truth.
I normally don't face aldous+angela combo but i can imagine the situatio ...

thats impossible. you ignore him early game because he cant do anything then 5 min later
SAVAGE

so yea unless u have a brain that works full time and can multitask hell nah
kidding haha ignore my comment
Post time 2018-12-11 07:51 AM | Show all posts
FALTERWANG replied at 2018-12-11 12:54 AM
thats impossible. you ignore him early game because he cant do anything then 5 min later
SAVAGE

Its ok.
If we play against aldous, we normally don't give him much farm and we always use chou, ruby type heroes in order to irritate him.
Thus he cant be much dangerous for us in team fight.

Comments

Hahahha true.  Post time 2018-12-11 09:12 AM
unless *WHOA* DIGGIIEEEEE  Post time 2018-12-11 09:03 AM
Post time 2018-12-11 01:37 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Your Points are Vaild Only if You Do 5vs1 Against Aldous. In a Teamfight  there are many reasons to use CC wisely. Aldous doesn't always charge before Tank. He comes when team fight happens. And in team fight Its Stupid to Save CC for Aldous only. Other Enemy heroes are there too. There isn't a spell that can save you even aegis fails with this OP man. So Nerf Aldous lol
Post time 2018-12-13 04:37 AM | Show all posts
Edited by batuzai04123 at 2018-12-13 04:39 AM

Few tips / hero counters that works against a good aldous.

1. Akai - aldous is helpless if he kisses the wall aight?
2. HEROES with CC /knockup - who cares which hero, as long as u can disable aldous u will not have a problem.

Tips:
1. As much as possible don't ignore ALDOUS soloing his lane , some of players i noticed that they don't really care about aldous at the early game, which is TOTALLY WRONG. Always have 2 heroes' against Aldous in a lane and proceed to #2.

2. Use mage, or any heroes with burst and keep HARASSING ALDOUS, don't let him reach for the last hit, if he does, harass him all the time. GO TO HIS JUNGLE AND TRY TO STEAL HIS EXPERIENCE AND MONSTER, as much as possible deprive him of any LAST HITS.

3. If you succesfully held aldous to a very low LAST HIT early game, he will have a hard time catching up if you focus now on turret pushing. he will be tempted to defend the lane with his low stack-and he is totally useless if he engages-easy win for you.

Well if you really messed up with your ally's hero matchup, and don't have enough firepower to counter aldous, then goodluck. Good Draft pick is one way to dictate ur chances of winning. That's what pro egamers do.
Post time 2019-4-14 10:16 PM | Show all posts
I am Aldous user, Most enemies cannot against aldous even 3 vs 1 or 5 vs 1 because most aldous users is using tanky build with ultra low cdr could ruin the whole of game.
Post time 2019-4-17 09:26 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
I've been using Purify on Lapu²  to counter him. But if he gets stronger in the late game though. it'll be hard.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-1-20 02:40 AM GMT+8