Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 5396|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Drawing & Painting] Does looks matter?

[Copy link]
Post time 2018-11-18 03:45 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

02.jpg

It is has been apparent that in this time of gaming generation, there are lots of copy cats and similarities in between character or monster or everything else when it comes to designs...

There's no question about that... Due to massive competition in the same genre, similar character designs and referrences may be noticed to some and most gamers in between these games and our primary reaction are always the same: rip off...

No questions as well when it comes to character features such as skills and abilities or items with similar designs and properties... But does it matter?

Does originality in designs and features still exist in this gaming generation?  Tell us what you think... Or not...

Post time 2018-11-23 04:38 PM | Show all posts
Depends on purpose I suppose, as we all know, the Copyright Law indicates fair use for certain circumstances.
Ideas are generally public, concept arts can be remade as parodies of the original art or straight out the same as the original art in different forms, so long as they don't make profit out of it.

It's alright to have "funding" for a general purpose even though there are arts associated with the original, Patreon for example, is to support the individual's creativity (although the concept may be copied)
- Gaming Videos for example.
- Anime Sculptures

What I do know is that Original Concepts can be misinterpreted to be copied from another; Concepts that are inspired from another is still a copied concept nevertheless. But this does not break copyrights so long as they do not purposefully "copy" the whole concept, resemblance is alright. What does break is when the original concept is re-branded and claimed; having extreme similarity to the original concept.

What's sad is that most of the copied concepts that are much more known than the original concepts completely overshadow the original one and is labeled as a "rip-off" due to the opposing fanbase.
Ideally, the one that came first is of course the original. (despite fanbase sizes)

The world is full of Innovations and such, Ideas are publicly recognized, Original Concepts are a free model, like basic objects turned into other objects, you can play around with, but one thing to consider is that they must be given credit for; irreplaceable.
Post time 2018-11-19 03:51 PM | Show all posts
troy01 replied at 2018-11-19 03:36 AM
Joking aside..

Yes it's been observed that they thing they can sell this if they also have the sa ...

Hahaha, yeah, that's why I posted up about the star trek free economy world. Imagine if you were doing marketing to promote something you loved, not because you get anything in return for your hard work, effort and time.

I run and am part owner of a web development, hosting and networking company. I completely know what you guys mean about selling the brand that's similar to so many products out there.

I'd say it's not ripping off, it's improving on ideas that our fellow human beings have created.
But that won't hold up in courts.
Because for a lot of people, it's their only way to make money.
I am not trying to judge, just reflecting about human beings in general.

This post is great, because the core principal values, ethics, morals should be what is driving this foundation designs.

Cudos @troy01
Post time 2018-11-18 12:09 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
{:6_151:H6e38ow about emoji chat while battling }How about emoji chat while battling
Post time 2018-11-18 05:04 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Star2Dust at 2018-11-18 08:10 AM

I feel credit needs to be given from where we learned things from.
E.g. things we learned in school, from friends, from family.

Because we continually learn to improve and create new things, based on things we see in other people, what they do, how they behave, what they say, how they respond.
We also take inspiration from nature and the environment. Which as a human being, or biological being, we are apart of.

So yes, I believe giving credit to where we were motivated or inspired is important.
Because it means we are appreciate, grateful and respect others, before we can be respected ourselves, for our originality.

If you put the money aside, we all should be doing what we love, while we're alive. But we all (including me) get sucked into the game of thinking that Time = Money, and then so we push for money, rather than the love of life and living for the things we really believe in.
If you have never read about it, or followed it before, then read and try to understand this concept of a money-free economy (also this doesn't mean replacing it with another currency system, like diamonds.... lol! It'll just be rebranding of the concept of money, i.e. bitcoins, etc.)!  
https://www.wired.com/2016/05/geeks-guide-star-trek-economics/

Time is finite, no one knows how much they have. But we all have 86,400 seconds in a day, 1,440 minutes in a day, 24 hours in a day. But we never know when is the last second, minute, hour or day alive.

So be creative, but also be grateful about where you got your inspiration from. Those people respect it, and peope will respect you when you show that type of gratitude.

Just my humble opinion, based on all the teachings from my family, friends, colleagues, formal education, and great games like this, plus great technoogies like Apple and other software vendors like Blizzard for their original game of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

Author| Post time 2018-11-19 01:33 AM | Show all posts
Star2Dust replied at 2018-11-18 05:04 AM
E.g. things we learned in school ...

Calm down Satan... Jk

@Wawii soon it will be available...
 Author| Post time 2018-11-19 01:36 AM | Show all posts
Star2Dust replied at 2018-11-18 05:04 AM
E.g. things we learned in school ...

Joking aside..

Yes it's been observed that they thing they can sell this if they also have the same stuff as the other and I am guilty to that since I work as a marketing staff also...

We need ideas to sell the brand to which we intend to work on something similar as the competitor thinking we could sell it also...

Its a never ending cycle of ripping off...
 Author| Post time 2018-11-20 06:21 PM | Show all posts
Star2Dust replied at 2018-11-19 03:51 PM
Hahaha, yeah, that's why I posted up about the star trek free economy world. Imagine if you were d ...

Ofcourse i am awesome... *winks*

Anyways...  it can't be helped as well... Just like what i usually explain when people complain about Moonton being money grabbers, it is for the survivability of the company to which they have to grab similar or somewhat within the shade of such resources to entice players and continue to support the game...

More players means more means of budget they can acquire and use for new projects and ideas... Everything runs on money...

Kudos for being nab...  Its kudos... Haha...

I mean  youre good... Thanks the appreciation...  Will make more somewhat senseful threads...
Post time 2018-11-21 07:00 AM | Show all posts
troy01 replied at 2018-11-20 08:21 PM
Ofcourse i am awesome... *winks*

Anyways...  it can't be helped as well... Just like what i usual ...

When can we have a match in game! :D I think i saw something about weekly or friendly fortnightly developers vs public player matches!
 Author| Post time 2018-11-23 10:10 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
DevAqua replied at 2018-11-23 04:38 PM
Depends on purpose I suppose, as we all know, the Copyright Law indicates fair use for certain circu ...

Yes I agree that a certain misconception always come from the community itself, though the company tries its best to avoid the "rip-off" trope... Having original concepts are always great to work on but even the simpliest detail can be tagged as a copy of such that is why it in unavoidable reality that each gaming company have to face...
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2018-12-17 10:09 PM GMT+8