Return to list New
View: 872|Reply: 18
Collapse the left

[Mood] The Marksman Crisis

[Copy link]
Post time 2018-6-12 10:02 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by CloudDevelic at 2018-6-13 10:41 AM

Hola everyone!!

I decided to make this poll after observing and also hearing the thoughts of my beloved Marksman fam!

Basically, we all know that we Marksmen are currently facing a super huge epidemic. Since last season, the functionality as well as benefits of having a Marksman in our teams have started to drop rapidly and now this season, we're almost near to extinction.

(That's how others perceive our damage output: poop)

In case you're wondering, Lesley don't count because she's a traitor. She sold us out to the Assassins Clan

Having said that, here's a poll for everyone to vote; who do you think is the most u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ underused/unpopular Marksman of this season?

Now that p̶o̶s̶e̶r̶ traitor Lesley is obviously left out because she's No. 1 Marksman that is always auto-picked in Rank Games across all Rank levels.
(̶B̶U̶T̶ ̶L̶I̶K̶E̶ ̶M̶O̶S̶T̶,̶ ̶W̶E̶ ̶M̶A̶R̶K̶S̶M̶A̶N̶ ̶U̶S̶E̶R̶S̶ ̶S̶U̶C̶C̶U̶M̶B̶E̶D̶ ̶T̶O̶ ̶T̶H̶E̶ ̶T̶E̶M̶P̶T̶A̶T̶I̶O̶N̶ ̶A̶N̶D̶ ̶S̶W̶I̶T̶C̶H̶E̶D̶ ̶S̶I̶D̶E̶S̶,̶ ̶B̶E̶C̶A̶U̶S̶E̶ ̶W̶H̶O̶ ̶C̶A̶N̶ ̶R̶E̶S̶I̶S̶T̶S̶ ̶1̶ ̶H̶I̶T̶ ̶K̶O̶?̶?̶)̶

Now, the ranking goes like this based on my observation of what people feel:
(Please note that the number goes from most u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ underused/unpopular to most popular pick choice!)

Clint, Miya, Layla, Hanabi, Karrie, Irithel, Yi Sun Shin, Moskov, Bruno, H̶a̶r̶l̶e̶y̶

Clint

Let's just face it, Clint is thought to be the most useless Marksman of all by the general population. Even freaking Miya gets seen more often than this poor dude. RIP cowboyz

But after playing Clint for a while in this META, I really feel that he actually has strong damage output and can be quite a difficult opponent to fight against......Just not sure why the general population think otherwise. Sad. Clint can be one of the top rivals of Lesley honestly.

Miya

While this smexy elf is our number 2 mascot aside from Layla da smexy bunnay, her stats are argurably the weakest amongst all Marksman. Some say that up till today, you can see her whole team babysitting her still at all points of the game, from start till end.

Queen of Banshees? More like Queen of bab1es.

Layla

Need I say more? She's voted No. 1 Turret Hugger and best range award goes to this bunnay right here. You can basically just stand down there and let your basic attack auto attack, and watch how you pelt down your targets. Pew pew pew. Annnnnd she's our No. 1 MASCOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately though she is given insane range (try pushing against a Layla at lvl 15 with full items; good luck) which would make her one of the best offence and defence candidate, she lacks movement speed and escapability; because fair enough, she's carrying a cannon. What do you expect?

On this day, whenever one sees Layla, one can be expected to join in for the free buffet extravaganza. Free food ya'll!

Hanabi

Now, I absolutely love this bae because come on, she's Hanabae. I'd give her +99 stats for looks alone; not to mention a Tsundere? Layla got no pancake mix on her! But sadly, she's Princess of *bab1es right after Miya; given her super weak stats from early til late compared to most Marksman. I mean come on, even Layla got superior range unlike any other to make up for her squishiness.

Though with the right composition and good player skills, she can help your team rekt enemies with her superior CCs if the player can land their shots accurately.

RIP Hanabae; she officially replaced Layla for No. 1 free food.

Karrie

Ouhhhh who can forget her dayz of cancer when she first debut? I mean you tell me about people crying about Lancelot to be nerfed when he was first released? I'll tell you about Karrie's. Look at the number of cries about her solo 1v5 and her ez savages (lol) during pre-nerf days.

Back then, picking Karrie meant auto win for the team that picked her, just for her speed alone. I haven't even talked about her passive which made her the best tank buster. So, what about now? Pffttttt. She's kinda useless early-mid game, given that she requires a lot of DPS opportunity unlike say, Irithel who is kinda semi-burst if you ask me (to me Iribae is half DPS half Burst given the nature of her damage output + ultimate which can rekt your entire team in a matter of seconds).

Karrie's basically a Miya with a true damage passive instead of a speed buff and added escape/chase mechanics without that invisibility. Just give up on thinking of using her to bust tanks down because she will never have the opening or chance to do so; especially in this c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶o̶u̶s̶ Burst META.

Irithel

Now this one is really really sad for me because it's super personal. I love her and Leo so much that they practically dominated most of my MLBB life since the day that she was released. Out of 1000 matches in my main account, I played 555 matches using her. She is indeed my passion. But sadly today, we see too many shortcomings regarding Irithel.

Yes, she's the only true hero that can move and shoot/attack at the same time without ever stopping even for half a second. But stuff like bugs/mishaps with her using certain items (Demon Hunter Sword etc) have caused her to be discarded away, kept in a dark and lonely corner (sobs). Not to mention, for the longest time we all know that her late game was unrivaled and even Layla couldn't match her overall damage output, given that she can tear teams into shreds in a matter of a few easy seconds.

Before Lesley debut, having an Irithel also equals to having an auto-win. Now? In this META? If you play Irithel often you will know that the best spells for her is only Retribution and Inspire. So, good luck getting aimed at and ganked at every opportunity your opponents have because let's face it: everyone hates that ez maniac and savage so much so that they WILL aim you from start till end because of the PTSD she has given us. Some of us are permanently scarred by her and will never recover.

But yea, she's another easy dessert because Leo is too fat to run from Dancelots and Cusions. Have you seen that pounce? It's so cute that I can't tell if Leo is a fully grown brutal Lion/Tiger or a kitty lap cat.

(That's Leo 90% of the time in this META, jumping straight into suicide)

RIP Irithel and Leo, I miss the moments and stars you both have given me. Much love <3 <3 <3

Yi Sun Shin

This K̶-̶P̶O̶P̶ ̶I̶d̶o̶l̶ Korean general used to dominate the battlefield and was Top NO. 1 pick in all of draft picks; so much so that most knew how the match would go whenever they were matched against him. His assists were insane, and he pretty much secured early-mid game.

Now? Meh, he's so outmatched against other heroes that no one picks him anymore. Anyone who picks him know that his effectiveness in late game ESPECIALLY against Lesley means suicide. Compared with other heroes in this META, your team would so much prefer if you picked someone like even Alpha over YSS.

This is a typical team chat when you request to use YSS:

You: I want to use Yi Sun Shin, XX% Win Rate XX Matches

Your team: "RIP Yi Sun Shet", "GGWP nub Yi Sun Shet", "Report YSS plz"

GGWP.

Moskov

This Russian has been around for a while, and some older players will remember how c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶o̶u̶s̶ OP he can be when he was first released....So much so that the forums were full of "Nerf Moskov plz" "Moskov too OP" threads.

Ever since his stats were readjusted again and again, he began to lose his effectiveness as well as firepower. However, in this META and last season, we are beginning to see the rise of his usage again.

Why you may ask? With good positioning and well-placed shots, he can stun multiple targets as well as dish out a good deal of DPS in a burst-like manner. I've always seen Moskov as one of the semi-burst and DPS heroes aside from Irithel, whereas other MMs are purely DPS.

Plus, with his passive and skill mechanics, he can farm pretty well + a free flicker, which gives him room for his users to select either Retribution or Inspire battle spell. This MM doesn't need babysitting, because Mother Russia!

Bruno,

If you think he is handicapped without his legs, then you're wrong. Have you seen his dash as well as attack range? He has the 2nd longest range after Layla, and adding in his mobility, he's basically a Layla with mobility. Now that's dangerous.

Even though I personally feel that his Ulti is kinda nub compared to other MMs; with the right timing, it can be a good poke/CC tool.

I feel that when playing Bruno, good timing and positioning is even more important as given his kit, it's super good in certain situation, and super bad in most.....So timing is key here.

Also, his passive is good for semi burst as well since it stacks his critical chance up if the user is able to land their skills accurately on targets.

Harley
(I'm just messing with you, please don't vote him....)

Seriously? How can anyone miss out on Harley??? Have you seen his passive? He's pretty much a Marksman hidden in a Mage role. IMHO, he has been replacing Marksman for a few seasons already....Ever since the start of Mage META. Just simply because his farm rate is one of the fastest in the entire game, as well as his early-mid game prowess.

Before Lancelot came along, he was unrivalled in farm rates. While Hayabusa has the fastest wave clearing ability when using his ulti, Harley has the ability to double jungle as the user can use space escape to kill the first jungle monster, and then press back again to teleport to the second monster and kill it.

And Harley is the handsome-mest of all

That's all folks! Please cast your votes and lemme know your comments below!

REMEMBER....CHOOSE THE MOST USELESS MARKSMAN ONLY! THIS POLL IS TO SEE WHO IS THE KING/QUEEN OF FREE FOOD IN THIS META!!

Multiple Polls: ( Maximum 3 choices ), Total 117 Users voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Post time 2018-6-12 10:27 AM | Show all posts
ofcourse its miya... since now assasin meta with high brust damage, they can 1 hit miya...
miya mm design for short range attack full damage with no cc skill, so every time she attack, it become free food for assasin...

Comments

@Elfend Yeap, for me I think Miya is no. 1 too. The list that I posted above is based on what I think everyone's opinions are.  Post time 2018-6-12 10:58 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-6-12 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Ar3neKn1ght at 2018-6-12 11:01 AM

I am mage and tank user and I never use all mm except Lesley. I didn't include Harley as marksman mage but as assassin mage.

I can explain this thing but I vote this for what? I little  bit confused with strikethrough words.

Comments

@Ar3neKn1ght  Post time 2018-6-12 10:59 AM
Hehe well, the Harley part was meant to be a joke {:6_155:} Yea to me personally I feel that Harley is a low key assassin....Especially towards MMs.... {:7_185:}  Post time 2018-6-12 10:58 AM

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-6-12 11:14 AM | Show all posts
Hanabi because the enemy would have to stand in a line or together for her passive and Ult to be more effective, she relies on teams with a lot of Crowdcontrol & Zoning skills to do enough damage

My second worst would be Layla, no escape skills and since her ult requires casting and thus can be countered

My favourite MM is Moskov, having one of the highest difficulty to use but rewarding when done right

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-6-12 12:22 PM | Show all posts
Having a solo q Irithel in team is such an emotional breakdown. We can't defend turret, jungling or attacking, instead we need to babysit her 24/7 until late game.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-6-12 02:35 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Is this for real? I mean everytime I play a game, I always have a teammate which is a marksman. Sometimes, Even 2 or 3 of my teammates argue about having the marksman role. If you're asking about the most underused marksman hero, There are three mm heroes that I don't/rarely see in games. First is Irithel, I haven't see an Irithel player for months, I mean the last time I saw an Irithel was when I used her back then. next hero is Karrie, I haven't seen her too in games unlike any other marksmen. I don't know why she's not popular anymore, maybe it's because of the huge nerf on her SS past seasons. Next is Moskov, I barely see a moskov eventhough he's a good marksman. On my opinion, I think certain amount of buff or maybe a rework would boost their popularity back.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-6-12 04:00 PM | Show all posts
new item which gives  2 sec to MM immortality  but this item gives 1 sec to other heroes .. so you have 1 sec  more ... stil sux

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-6-12 08:57 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
I vote for Clint and Yi Sun-shin. To me, Clint has a lot of potential and trust me he's much better than Lapu-Lapu's physical damage and the marksman that have the same strength as Lesley, I pick heroes that are not commonly pick so Clint is my fav. marksman too from the old days. Yi Sun-shin, he's strong and kills other marksman very well 1v1 using his glaive I like his ult too as a boost damage in teamfights.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-6-12 11:42 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Hey guyz pro Assasin Player Here..Practically Natalia "A Marksmans Nightmare

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-6-13 12:52 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Rɪəlʒað at 2018-6-13 12:56 AM

I admit all marksman is OP in late but for me, Clint is powerful after Lesley but no one really use him a lot. About Harley I have one MM build want to share with you all. You can either become Assassin, MM and Mage simultaneously.

Screenshot_2018-06-13-00-33-19-265_com.mobile.legends.png
Glowing Wand= Demon Hunter (Magic)
Concretation Energy= Haas Claw (Magic)
Calamity Reaper= Endless Battle (Magic)

Because he is roamer mage, he easily to farm quickly. This is MM mage build be like. I got this build item from pro player Malaysian Harley (watch livestream), TsRush a.k.a TsHeroka. He once become top 1 global Heroka but after MPL, he rarely use Harley again. This build are really good.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2018-10-17 07:18 AM GMT+8