Register now.
123Next
Return to list New
View: 708|Reply: 22
Collapse the left

[Team Tactics] Teaming up with Rafaela Guide

[Copy link]
Post time 2018-2-12 07:27 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by oichidan at 2018-3-25 11:44 PM

NO RAFAELA PLS
WE DON'T NEED RAFAELA
CHANGE RAFAELA
RAFAELA PLS CHANGE
Dude, there is this thin border between a newbie and a pro, and you're basically leaning to the former.

Hi! My name is Aldi. I'm a Rafaela user. I won't say myself a pro, but I got the 2th rank in the local Rafaela leaderboards.

Today, we're going to discuss how to maximize Rafaela in your group. There are numerous other guides how to use Rafaela, her builds, et cetera. Here are some I'd recommend: Rafaela Guide by @Reenツ , In-Depth Rafaela Guide by @bonkstonery , Support Hero Guide - Rafaela by @YukisD , and Rafaela Tank Support Guide by @Mindereak . All of them are available in this forum. For some reason, I've put their URLs and when this post is published, only the blue-colored text remains while they become unclickable.

This guide, however, aims to discuss how to maximize your group's performance with Rafaela in your team. Think of it as a guide to how to play along with Rafaela.

After this discussion, I wish to see a reduction in such harsh comments like shown above especially in ranked mode lobbies. Rafaela is a great support, but without her team's support, she's basically useless. Let's get in-depth as to how you can play along with Rafaela and get that MVP and rank climbing up.

ABILITY ANALYSIS
Rafaela is the most beautiful Support-Regen hero, being accompanied by Estes and the newly introduced Angela (by the time of this writing). She is a mobile hero. While she doesn't offer healing abilities as great as Estes do, she offers excellent crowd-controlling abilities that may change the tide of a battle in the tap of a finger. The following is an analysis of her abilities:
PASSIVE - Heaven's Blessing
Damage-dealing abilities will slow enemies for 1.5s, and healing abilities will speed up allies for 1s.
Keep this passive in mind. Whether you want to chase fleeing foes, escape from an ambush or a gank, or want to execute foes down, Rafaela's abilities will always be of some use. Her passive ability makes this possible, just keep reading.

SKILL 1 - Light of Retribution
Uses the power of Holy Light to deal 250/310/370/430/490/550 (+120% Total Magic Power) pts of magic damage to the nearest three enemies, revealing the enemies in a short period of time.
This skill has a wide range. Combined with her passive, this makes Rafaela actually a walking nightmare in a goddess's vessel. She can slow down escaping enemies, opening a chance for other heroes to finish the foe. She can poke hiding enemies, making her safe to check possible hiding bushes in the map for hiding enemies, or reveal transparent enemies like Lesley and even Natalia (in fact, in her official guide, Rafaela counters Natalia). Also, combined with a relatively high magic power, this can also be an alternative to execute fleeing heroes with critically low HP. Trust me, this spell will annoy the enemy most of the time.

Update: I found that even without a relatively high magic power (like, not even using a pair of blood wings), you can finish off HP critical enemies with a perfectly timed Light of Retribution. The three holy lights seem to target three enemies in its range with the lowest HP, no matter what your settings are in the controls section of the options screen. Use it to your advantages.

SKILL 2 - Holy Healing
Summons Holy Light to regen 370/410/450/490/530/570 (+50% Total Magic Power) HP for herself and the most injured ally near her, and also regens 90/100/110/120/130 (+25% Total Magic Power) HP for other allied heroes.
Get that Enchanted Talisman first. Considering all of her skills deal magic damage, it is a good idea. Not only this enables Rafaela to provide free healing and speed boost for your team every three seconds or so, but also this skill enables swift escaping from ambushes and attacks. As I said, while this skill doesn't regen HP as much as Estes's healing spells do, Rafaela's passive makes it possible to escape pursuing heroes. Perfect for any team gameplay.

ULTIMATE - Holy Baptism
Uses Holy Light to punish enemies before her, dealing 460 pts of magic damage and stunning targets for 1.5s.
Now we're talking. This skill is a huge lifesaver, both in team fights or in solo encounters. Stunning enemies for a couple of seconds enables other heroes to gank them to their demise. Not only that, this skill cancels Odette, Parsha/Fasha, and some other heroes' ultimates. Combine this with her other skills and her teammates' furious attacks, and "Wipe Out" will come shortly. A huge lifesaver, if you ask me.
When dealing heroes alone, use this skill to make a way for your escape, or just stun attacking heroes near a turret. Attacking a hero around its turret range will immediately shift the turret target to the attacking hero. Stun the attacker, then slow him down with Skill 1, and you'll easily get a kill. Stun an attacking hero and make a way for it with Skill 2, and you'll get an easy escape. I don't know, maybe you can lure the pursuer into a planned ambush. Team strategies ;)

TEAM GUIDE
#1 - Never, ever, leave Rafaela alone
Her #1 weakness is burst damage. Just ambush her with one or two weak heroes who deal burst damage, and she'll practically be wiped out of the map in seconds. That's why, never leave her wandering alone the map. Experienced Rafaela players know they have to stick around a hero on the laning phase. You get the kills while Rafaela will help you to it. Inexperienced newbies posing as professionals even in the high-tier ranked matches tend to go off and leave Rafaela defending a turret. If no one's coming, that's a good story--she can still handle minions on her own. If someone's coming, the story's different. If you know a hero will attack Rafaela, immediately prepare a surprise attack. Her ultimate and skill 1 will make it easy for you to get that kill.

#2 - Use Rafaela as a bait for ambushes or to spot hiding enemies
Her skill 2 makes it possible for her to run fast from enemies, luring them into the nicely prepared ambush at the center of the map. Her skill 1, in the other hand, makes it possible for her to poke hiding enemies, revealing them. Also, her skill 1 will cancel Natalia and Lesley's invisibility. Good for them, eh?

#3 - Never let Rafaela take damage
As I said before, in team fights, let Rafaela stand on a safe distance while she deals continuous damage and annoyance through her skills, while dealing continuous regen to your team. What's the use of your team's Tank if Rafaela still becomes the punching bag of team wars?

#4 - Experienced Rafaela players know what they're doing
This is the second most important point beside #5. Never, ever, underestimate players who pick Rafaela first in ranked mode. They know what they're doing: ranked mode losses means rank degradation and stuff. That's why they pick Rafaela, since they can use her to her maximum extent. Your salty comments may mean an AFK from a hurt player. Would you like it if a hero of your choosing is called useless? Think about that, and mature a little.
Basically, you're asking for a loss before even the match starts. Instead of dishing out salty comments, pick a hero you can play best and do your roles properly. Rafaela players know what they're doing, so don't sweat. Honestly, just please stop acting like immature adults. There's this thin line between a newbie and a professional. Professionals, at their best, don't judge and are smart when playing this game. That includes crafting strategies for any team composition, so they tend to be adaptable.

#5 - ABSOLUTELY NO FEEDING. EVER. PERIOD.

This is the most important point. What's the point of having a support hero if everyone dies?
If you happen to be playing together with your friends at the same place, or have the text and/or voice chat turned on, don't be afraid to call Rafaela for help when you're in a pinch! Remember, avoid feeding at all times. Stay alive until Rafaela comes to the rescue.
There's a thin line that separates a newbie and a professional when it comes to early game kill count lust. In the other words, if you can kill an enemy hero without risking your own life being pummelled by a turret, do it. If you can't, just don't. This applies especially to early games. Feeding yourself to the enemy is what makes a team losing fast, and even without a support hero, your stupid act is what makes everyone losing. Newbies tend to chase fleeing heroes, immediately killing themselves being beaten to a pulp by a turret or ambushing heroes. Just don't feed, at all costs.
With a support hero around, at least you can chase the fleeing hero and get back with a healing breeze and swift escape from turrets or other heroes. But at all times, just don't kill an enemy hero in a reckless stunt unless you're at least 90% certain you can, and that you're certain you will return alive.
All Rafaela players know they're most annoyed when following feeding heroes.

CONCLUSION
Rafaela is a support hero. She will not make kills as much as other heroes. In fact, most of the time, she will end up having a few number of deaths and a whooping number of assists, while having no kills at all, and still getting out as the MVP or Expert Wingman! So don't be afraid or be salty when she is in your team. Experienced players who pick Rafaela first in a Ranked match or a Draft-Pick match know what they're doing--instead of dishing out harsh comments, play what hero you can do best and do your role properly.
Save her on a safe distance and let her do her job. Send her out to scout hiding enemies or lure pursuers to a surprise ambush. Say you don't need Rafaela one more time and I'll laugh so hard when you find you're in for a big mistake. Now that we've discussed a few strategies in tagging her along, I do hope that she'll be more accepted by the Mobile Legends: Bang Bang community. We play along and have fun, not hurting each other in a stupid manner for a stupid reason.

If you have ideas, questions, comments, and basically things you want to say, let us do this in this thread! Afterall, it's a discussion thread, isn't it?

DISCLAIMER: If you feel hurt by any of my sarcastic comments above, that means you've done the bad things I said: you often dish out Rafaela and say mean things to Rafaela users. Before getting salty on this thread, I want you to reflect what you've done and get some self-introspection. Now that you've felt what most Rafaela players felt when you let those mean words out of your mouth, don't do it again.

Thank you for reading this post to the end!

Anyway, here are my play statistics, just in case you're curious.

Screenshot_20180324-213814.png

Screenshot_20180324-213822.png

Screenshot_20180324-213825.png

Screenshot_20180324-213842.png

Screenshot_20180324-213847.jpg

Author| Post time 2018-2-15 10:28 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
bonkstonery replied at 2018-2-15 09:25 AM
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE WHO APPRECIATES THE FLAWS OF RAFAELA
so yeah anyways...
as much as h ...

Wow! Compared to you, I still have a long way to go before even reaching the global leaderboards. It feels nice to meet a fellow Rafaela player :)

She's the best to turn a bad condition to a good one. Epic comebacks and all. Controlling the opponent crowd is what she does best beside healing, and she's fun too.

Thanks for sharing your build! I can't believe 21 kills :o I -must- give this build a try.
Post time 2018-2-13 11:12 AM | Show all posts
I know everyone underestimate her, but everything changed when in the last year Philippines arena contest, one squad uses Rafaela and ended up they win the contest with Rafaela became an MVP. But I'm afraid she will be replaced by Angela now.
Post time 2018-2-13 04:19 PM | Show all posts
Rafa is the best, she can give support and damage as well. It depends on the situation. Keep it up! Aim for Local Number 1!
 Author| Post time 2018-2-14 08:49 PM | Show all posts
queen.kira replied at 2018-2-13 04:19 PM
Rafa is the best, she can give support and damage as well. It depends on the situation. Keep it up!  ...

Yeah, right! She is versatile for any situation, too.
Not to brag, but with Rafa, we often get epic comebacks in desperate situations. She rocks!

Thanks!
 Author| Post time 2018-2-14 08:52 PM | Show all posts
iri replied at 2018-2-13 11:12 AM
I know everyone underestimate her, but everything changed when in the last year Philippines arena co ...

It's quite sad actually, because the underestimation should have never happened in the first place.

Anyway, what a good news it is, the Philipines Arena Contest! About Angela, I highly doubt that, because both of them has goods and flaws. I've tried Angela through trial card, and while she's an excellent hero herself, somehow I still prefer Rafa.
 Author| Post time 2018-2-14 08:52 PM | Show all posts
iri replied at 2018-2-13 11:12 AM
I know everyone underestimate her, but everything changed when in the last year Philippines arena co ...

It's quite sad actually, because the underestimation should have never happened in the first place.

Anyway, what a good news it is, the Philipines Arena Contest! About Angela, I highly doubt that, because both of them has goods and flaws. I've tried Angela through trial card, and while she's an excellent hero herself, somehow I still prefer Rafa.
Post time 2018-2-15 09:25 AM | Show all posts
Experienced Rafaela players know what they're doing

so yeah anyways...
as much as he said the flaws, it really and it is the best Hero in terms of controlling the team, to think that you've seen how Rafaela works tells me that you are quite indeed an experienced player.
The pain you felt when players don't want you to use Rafaela is also what I've felt too. So despite having friends in real life, I only play Rafaela when I'm teaming up with my friends because they do know how I play and Became a captain to the team.So to end this up, Keep it up! I'm happy how much you've acknowledged Rafaela just as I am. I'm still 4th in local ranking because I haven't played quite a while but my 600+ matches that I once reached legend in last season because of Rafaela (and also teaming with my friends = 100% winrate). It really is a long way to go to the global leaderboard but I'm excited to see you in the global leaderboard someday :D

Last time I checked was 4th, it was 3rd back then

Last time I checked was 4th, it was 3rd back then

My first savage and troll build for rafaela HAHAAHH

My first savage and troll build for rafaela HAHAAHH

P.S.
Try this build, It's for fun and I couldn't forget this moment because this was my first savage HAHAHAHAHAH
 Author| Post time 2018-2-15 11:58 PM | Show all posts
bonkstonery replied at 2018-2-15 09:25 AM
so yeah anyways...
as much as h ...

Hi!
Thanks for commenting. Your guide actually inspired me to play as Rafaela in the first place. I read it thoroughly and look where it made me go. Thanks man!

I've also tried your build. God that was fun! Maybe we should try playing together sometimes.

Post time 2018-2-21 09:08 AM | Show all posts
Edited by ForMyLove47310 at 2018-2-21 09:09 AM

you are right Rafaela is a good support but i only use her in brawl mode - and only if i am lucky to have her.  I use mana regen items and mage emblem (cool down). I would spam heal my team and stun attack every now and then. It works 70-80% of the time unless i get red ping, reconnecting a lot or end up with not so good team.

Rafaela in Brawl

Rafaela in Brawl
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum  

2018-5-21 05:12 AM GMT+8